It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people feel that time is going fast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Time is going slow for me. There was a time when it just went by really fast. But I think that's because it was the summer and time in the summer always goes fast.

Time is going slower for me. What is affecting so many people's perception for them to believe time is going really fast?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
well I just had 2 weeks of holiday and have to start again today.

those 2 weeks went fast, and this whole year seems to be going fast for me.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
check out the information on the schumann resonance.

the earths "heartbeat" has almost doubled since the 80's hence the "perception" that time is speeding up.

i would post links but i just finished dinner and can't be bothered.

and i couldn't be bothered logging in either haha

peace

Quadraphonic

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I don't know 'why' I think it is, but I am sure that it is. It used to be that when you said 'there just isn't enough time in a day' you were exagerating. Now it is no longer an exageration. I find it difficult anymore to accomplish the same amount of work, play, and chores as even just a year ago. Something has changed.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I don't know 'why' I think it is, but I am sure that it is. It used to be that when you said 'there just isn't enough time in a day' you were exagerating. Now it is no longer an exageration. I find it difficult anymore to accomplish the same amount of work, play, and chores as even just a year ago. Something has changed.

^ Co-sign. Sorry about the 1-liner, but that post said everything I was going to.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Days and months don't really matter to me anymore, only the clock time.
Sometimes when I take ibuprofen, reality feels duller, slower, yet time goes faster than normal. Understand?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think that humans have became slaves to the clock. We have all began to ignore our biological clock in exchange for a more social form of time. We should boycott the clock!

No but really, I agree with you. There is just not enough time anymore..

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I remember when I was a child my parents would say "Time flies when you get older". As a child time goes by very slowly as you get older it slips away unbelievably fast. It is hard to remember how slow time used to be, I have 3 young children and I have to remind myself all the time how slow it seems to them but to me they were babies yesterday.
So imo it's an age thing but I don't know why.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I personally lean toward the "singularity" theory. Seems to be the most reasonable explanation. I would say that it just has to do with getting older, but when even the children around me are saying things are going by too fast, I take note.
It isn't just time, but technology is speeding up which is why I lean toward that theory.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I like this thing, but I can't explain it very well: www.grasshopper.com....
I think it has something to do with concentrating (but not really) on the clock.
Also, hours feel longer in retrospect than days. Weird, huh?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It is a matter of responsibility and being more busy. In todays age most people hardly stop for a minute. Especially if you have kids.

My guess is that the Op needs to find something worthwhile to do with their time and then time will satrt moving faster.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Time is going slow for me. There was a time when it just went by really fast. But I think that's because it was the summer and time in the summer always goes fast.

Time is going slower for me. What is affecting so many people's perception for them to believe time is going really fast?

About a year ago, everyone was commenting about time seeming to run really fast. Here in the last month or so, it has felt like time has slowed to a crawl. Like something is on hold.

It's almost like the calm before the storm.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
[vid]=TKbnVHPs1bg[/vid]

As we move closer to outr Galactic hub, it is moving faster.
Dont know if the video will be put up right or not, but here is one explaination, kind of doom and gloom, sorry...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
its in the bible. its already proficied by God. that is the SIGN that Jesus Christ is coming to this world.

Revelation 19:20
NIV | AMP | KJV | All Rank 1272
But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. (NIV)

And the beast was seized and overpowered, and with him the false prophet who in his presence had worked wonders and performed miracles by which he led astray those who had accepted or permitted to be placed upon them the stamp (mark) of the beast and those who paid homage and gave divine honors to his statue. Both of them were hurled alive into the fiery lake that burns and blazes with brimstone. (AMP)

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. (KJV)

who are the beast that are talking here??
take a look of this..

Revelation 13:18
NIV | AMP | KJV | All Rank 1412
This calls for wisdom. Let those who have insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666. (NIV)

74.6.239.67.../Warning%252016%2520The%2520Coming%2520Apo calypse.html&w=bible+apocalypse+verses+verse+versed&d=WwfHn0LURhw5&icp=1&.intl=us

dejnarde.ms11.net...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This question has always sort of been in the back of my mind, but i think it has to do with a number of things.

MOstly just that when you're younger, you havent experienced as many seconds, or minutes, or days, so each one seems longer, because perception is usually relativistic, and as you experience more hours, days, weeks, years, etc... they each take up a lower percentage of that which you've experienced, so they "seem" shorter, thus time appears to move more quickly.

Another theory is that our perception of time is directly affeced by our cognitive activity. ie: if you're just sitting around staring at a wall time will seem to move ridiculously slowly, becaue you dwell on the time, rather than your mind being occupied with thoughts pertaining to your activity, whreas if you're reading or watching a movie, etc. your mind has more to think about and thus doens't dwell on the amount of time that is passing.

top topics

join