It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why the economy will not fail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There are all kinds of reasons why an economy "might" fail, too many to enumerate and inconsequential when it runs into the reason it will not fail. Money is required for the rich to remain rich, it is required for the powerful to remain in power and for the protected few to remain protected. I kind of like the irony of it, they tried to take too much and are now losing that which they had. Think about it, if our money has no value, neither does theirs. I wonder what the power brokers will accept in trade? All that is happening now is because of greed. Have you ever asked yourself how private owners gained control over world resources? As the current crisis so accurately underlines, all our fates are intertwined. If WE do not regain control, nationalize these vital assets and institute restrictions on the amount of wealth and power a person can control, then we needlessly endanger our very existence. There is no reason for people to suffer and die. As long as sex is more popular than dying you're going to have OVERPOPULATION. Bottom line is that your "fair share" keeps getting smaller and smaller as our consumer population increases. Even people without money need to eat, they will do whatever it takes to feed their families. Starvation is an evil and vicious creature, the farther you get away from your last meal, the closer it comes, until you feel it growling from the pit of your stomach. Millions of people are feeling and hearing it right now. The most powerful force on the planet is the power of change, if the leaders we have cannot see the solutions to our problems then its time we go outside the political box that created the problems.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Financial terrorism is the tool you use to control the financial network of the world. We do not allow private citizens to own their own personal arsenal of nuclear weapons, neither should we allow them to "own" natural earth resources that are vital for our very existence. No person or corporation should have that amount of control over their fellow man. All natural resources are for everyone, not to create unmitigated power to the person or persons who bought or stole the land. I think a person should be able to take profit up to 100 times the purchase price of the land and improvements, then it should be transferred to the Dept. of the Interior to be operated in an efficient and clean manner. Our needs are going to continue to increase and our resources are going to become more strained. We have two choices......kill lots of people, or change the way that we do business. Right now, that option is staring all the people of the world right in the eye. Wars use our resources at an alarming rate and destroys things that will probably never be replaced. Putting honor and honesty back into business and the way we do things is the right thing to do. Lets demand Integrity of all our goverments, politicians are people elected to do a job, honesty should be the primary job requirement followed by the necessary skill to perform the duties of the office.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Money is required for the rich to remain rich, it is required for the powerful to remain in power and for the protected few to remain protected.

Think about it, if our money has no value, neither does theirs. I wonder what the power brokers will accept in trade?

These two statements seem to be the foundation of your "will not fail" argument. The majority of your two posts are more related to wishful thinking, which I do agree with. 1 person should not have that kind of power over something crucial like natural resources.

Back to the two "will not fail" arguments. The rich don't just have gobs and gobs of cash sitting around, they own companies/property/valuable goods. These things will not lose their value. All the paper money we carry around with is will lose it's value, while the high rise that Johny Lotsabucks owns, or the vaults of gold bullion locked away will skyrocket in value because "it now takes $10000 to buy and ounce of gold with out worthless paper money, rather than roughly just under $1000 with out current value of currency. The rich also get richer during this kinda situation. Say you've got Mikey Somebucks who has a business, and it's starts to fail, well to make at least some money back, he sells off what he can as fast as he can-but at far lower price than he would have if the business was still afloat, because he wants to get at least a couple hundred thousand for his million dollar business rather than nothing in the end. So, here's Johny Lotsabucks with a new investment bought for pennies on the dollar for it's actual value, and can invest some money into the company and make it of value. Overall the company lost value, but he would have only invested a small amount in the long run. The same kind of situation arose during the great depression. As you said,

Even people without money need to eat

and they're still going to have to pay what little money they have to buy some food, and since the only people that were able to buy the failing companies were the very rich- then they're still going to make money when you pay $20 for a loaf of bread, bought from one of the few places still open that sells food.

The rich make money during economic crashes...they're the only ones. Yes, their wallets might be hurt a little because they will still have some assets that are actual paper money, but not alot...and that's where the loss will be, paper money, not actual assets

edit: spelling/elaboration

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Kuro34]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuro34

There is real value and there is inflated value, therein lies the problem. The bubble burst and the disparity of the two is revealed. You might have bought a million dollar home but it is really only worth what you can sell it for. Of course you will have to still pay the taxes on that inflated value until you discover that the taxes you are paying now exceed the "real" value of the home. Need i mention that the hordes of starving poor will seek to steal the food that is stockpiled in the pantries and cellars of the opulent rich? What about that hidden gold and silver that they know you must have because you appear rich? If a single gold coin is worth ten thousand dollars, how are you going to spend it? What kind of currency are you going to accept? How much gold would you be willing to spend to fill your own empty belly?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is not just a "i told you so!", the solutions i set forth are still valid and how many TRILLIONS of dollars are we willing to go into debt to save old and worn-out when that same money could build new and improved. This is a "take the money and run" group who created the problem. The fact is, if they couldn't see this coming or saw it coming but couldn't fix it, then they are certainly not the ones to be handed our dwindling resources to fix what they have broken.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
the most powerful forces in politics are

1. being protected (from public unrest/ revolutions) ,

2 preservation and consolidation of power

3 and then deception

when one is not an issue they work on two by using three

politicans don't like change unless it favors them the only way to get them to change for the betterment of the public is to get them to fear for there salary's.....because to get to the top of the capitalism game you gotta be a shark

big industry is taking over our lives....they will grow more and more intrusive so long as they are a business who's goal is to grow "MKT" share. When the regulators are too small or corrupt or intimidated to stand up then we morph into a third world country .....with the have's and have not's.......until we get angry enough to do something about private industry they will take what they can!!!! all the regulators fall into 2 category's corrupt ....intimidated.......this is what the industry lobbyists and lawyers pushed for to grow there business and use there influence...

i think subconsciously we BELIEVE that we are willing to FIGHT back but it's just that we know it will be a unpleasant experience and we may well just allow ourselves to enjoy a couple more years of willing apathy before the fight....when the pain becomes untolerable....on the other hand ...they are trying to slow cook us

[edit on 11-2-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
11 And the women conceiving brought forth giants, (7)

(7) The Greek texts vary considerably from the Ethiopic text here. One Greek manuscript adds to this section, "And they [the women] bore to them [the Watchers] three races: first, the great giants. The giants brought forth [some say "slew"] the Naphelim, and the Naphelim brought forth [or "slew"] the Elioud. And they existed, increasing in power according to their greatness." See the account in the Book of Jubilees.

12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;
13 When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;
14 And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, (8) and to drink their blood.
(8) Their flesh one after another. Or, "one another's flesh." R.H. Charles notes that this phrase may refer to the destruction of one class of giants by another (Charles, p. 65).

This may be the "polemic" battle noted in Revelation 20.

15 Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.

These were men and women who began as "servants" but before long all of the resources of the people or "church" were devoured by the superior angel (messenger) and his staff and programs. It was always unlawful to demand a tithe of wages. Therefore, God said:

And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers,
..........and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages,
..........the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right,
..........and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts. Mal.3:5 Woe unto you,
scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites for ye devour widows houses,
and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. Mt.23:14 This was the state of the earth just before God unleashed the flood that destroyed Man and Angel alike....the way it goes is like this, 200 entities consumed all that mankind could produce, when that was not enough these entities began to consume mankind. The "stench" of their sins reached to Heaven so God released the waters to wash away the smell. We find ourselves in the same situation now, as then. The stench again fills the air but this time fire is the medium chosen to cleanse the planet. The necessary fuel is already in place.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think this my be an appropriate time to recycle this old thread of mine. I would point out that all the warning have came to pass. We now have less time and resources to deal with the sins of the past, the needs of the present and the hopes for a future.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

All I have to say, is that exponential growth is impossible.

Economy is based off that.

It will eventually.

new topics

top topics

join