It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Glowing UFO over Sonora, California 21/9/08

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Huge Glowing UFO over Sonora, California 21/9/08.September 21, 2008, "a huge glowing object passed over Sonora, California, heading due north. The ufo was captured on video as it passed over my house and disappeared behind the trees".Posted by MarcosElf over on Youtube.
www.youtube.com...

I don't know what to make of this, it looks genuine and not like a plane or anything else I can think of. Could it be a flare? as seems to be dropping straight down.This guy is into ufo's and has other vids on his page so of course we should be very cautious. What do you guys think ?

[edit on 22-9-2008 by tarifa37]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Looks like a flare to me. I guess I am just skeptical of it falling straight down like that. Could be a UFO, but I am leaning towards flare.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Sorry... I have too embed the link so I can watch it.

I get the "Hello, you suck cause you don't have flash BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Also for others that have the same problem as me with youtube.

Cheers, Fox.

Nup... I'm really not on the ball today, I can't even get it to work... anyone??

Thanks in advance.

[edit on 22/9/08 by fox_3000au]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It could be a satellite. Where I live, there is a lot of light pollution but we can still see satellites. The satellites fly completely straight.

I could not tell if it was a satellite because I can't see its flight path, but my guess it is one.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Looks like a flare to me. I guess I am just skeptical of it falling straight down like that. Could be a UFO, but I am leaning towards flare.

I though flare at first,however would a flare look so perfect white and round.I would expect a flare to well "flare" www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
ISS made a pass over Sonora at about 7:24 PM.
Magnitude -2.3
Sounds about right.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
It could be a satellite. Where I live, there is a lot of light pollution but we can still see satellites. The satellites fly completely straight.

I could not tell if it was a satellite because I can't see its flight path, but my guess it is one.

I don't think it is a satellite as far too big.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

ISS made a pass over Sonora at about 7:24 PM.
Magnitude -2.3
Sounds about right.

Could be I guess. I have never seen the iss but I have seen many sats .I still think it looks way to large to be the iss.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Starred! Looks like the ISS too, that thing can be very bright/huge. Audio from video:
"
"Oh my Its huge!" : ~180 tons
"its passed a star!": 7.7km/s
"How big it is!": huge
"Wow its huge!" : yup
"omg what is it" : huge ISS
"its just sooo huge" : ummm
"

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'd have to agree that it might just be the ISS. Just one thing, were did you get your info? I could not find any information on the ISS orbital path for September 21, 2008. All I had to do was type in "iss flyover" into google video...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by souls

Go to heavens-above.com

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by souls
reply to post by Phage

I'd have to agree that it might just be the ISS. Just one thing, were did you get your info? I could not find any information on the ISS orbital path for September 21, 2008. All I had to do was type in "iss flyover" into google video...

Here is a video of the ISS in the same sort of light conditions.It looks alot smaller. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Yeah. That one looked way smaller.

Phage,

I'm looking around the site you gave me, I'm having trouble finding Sonora's specific flyover at that time...give me some time...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

At around14 seconds he either says that he has switched on night shot or has turned it off .It looks pretty impressive
either way.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
A serious comparison between two different ISS passes can be made at the same conditions: same camera, same camera settings, same location (if possible) same time, same visibility, same general weather conditions and, on top of that, same magnitude. Each one of these variables may affect the appearance of what we see.
In this case, its visibility was extremely high (magnitude -2,3): what was its magnitude in the video used for the comparison?
I admit that its brightness in the video of the OP is amazing, though.

ED to add: ISS - Visible Passes

Source

[edit on 22/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Ok, so roughly at that time the ISS was seen over Sonora, Califonia. At magnitude -2.4. If Sirius is a magnitude of roughly -1.4, then yes, this looked much bigger as it should have, being the ISS.

Good find Phage!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Ok, so roughly at that time the ISS was seen over Sonora, Califonia. At magnitude -2.4. If Sirius is a magnitude of roughly -1.4, then yes, this looked much bigger as it should have, being the ISS.

Good find Phage!
[/quote

Thanks for your research, but look again at the video,when the object goes behind the trees it looks far to large to be the ISS ,in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Yes, its appearance amazes me: we would need someone who makes this type of observations every day. I honestly don't know if the sun, low at the horizon, could give it such an extremely bright appearance: an higly reflectant surface object may actually appear bigger that it really is: and of course, we can't ignore Phages' observation:
ISS was visible for three minutes, and the footage was taken exactly within those three minutes: besides, ISS should have gone out of sight at approx. 19:25:41 and in the footage it goes out of sight at approx 19:25:37 (but there are threes so it's hard to say it exactly.
This would be a very strange coincidence: i mean, the time match perfectly, while the appearance would need to be confirmed in some way, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Agree. As a frequent ISS/satellite/irridium flare watcher, the speed looks consistent with ISS flyovers, and -2.4 mag. is very bright. During that time, ISS was very close (I recall something in the neighborhood of 200 miles from the Earth's surface), and recently was bumped back up.

Did you know that Heavens Above is completely sponsor financed and doesn't even accept donations? Now that's a stable financial relationship.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Good find Phage!
[/quote

Thanks for your research, but look again at the video,when the object goes behind the trees it looks far to large to be the ISS ,in my opinion.

Then again at 27 seconds when he is zoomed out,it does look small enough to be the ISS.And you can not argue with the times matching the ISS fly over data for that spot.But as he zooms back in and it goes behind the trees ,it does look very large.What kind of zoom has he got with that camera. I have a 40x optical on my sony hdd handy cam and I filmed Jupiter last night and could not get in as tight as that. www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join