It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words and human language are primitive...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

synchronized consciousness

Just got done, yet failed to write a post in another thread and blame it on the fact that words are so primitive. Just think. We vibrate the Larynx to create sound. Sound is good but what would be better is Telekinesis and Psychokinesis for every human being. That is the way to go. Maybe even the solution to end world wars.

Empathy seems to be the closest emotion/characteristic of humans to this type of communication. I would go so far as to say if everyone was empathetic towards every other person inhabiting the world, we would attain world peace. Population overgrowth maybe but world peace definitely. Who would hate this? The elites? More people, the more difficult it is to control them. Simple logic. Well anyway, that is why I like to call this a conspiracy because I believe everyone has unlimited human growth.

Thus, we have school, media, parental teachings (generational ignorance), and movies, all portraying the contrary. And we wonder why we cannot 'walk on water' or 'fly on a broomstick'. Believing and wanting to believe are a hard to distinguish. Do I want to believe in an infinite being or do I actually believe in one? Same can be applied to anything in the realm of paranormal or supernatural. Many of us can sit here an utter the words, "I believe in...." and yet how do we know it is just not a desire to believe? If we actually believed we could 'walk on water', a 100%, the whole 9 yards, could we?

P.S. Yes yes. "I saw what the bleep do we know?"

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Nah, the solution to end world wars is to abolish religion, dishonesty and ignorance.

Knowledge is the way to peace, not faith. Perhaps telekinesis and telepathy are the reward of world peace, but definitely not the solver, that is if such hypothetical cephalic mechanisms could ever even exist. It'd take a lot of evolving and some serious biological engineering.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I agree. Empathy is huge. This all deteriorated over a stressful system.

I feel that I am in med evil times because I can see a world so much better.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Our limitations doesn't have anything to do with the vocal cords. We have enough language to describe everything we see, with multiple words and languages. All we are doing with the vocal cords is making patterns in the waves that we recognize.

When you say a word, it has a specific pattern to it. There are still many patterns never used, despite all our languages.

But as the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words.

I once took a deeper look into communication. You have 1 person who has an image in their head. They have to translate that image into words in which they can describe the picture they see. The words travel, and the other person then has to take those words and translate that into their own image. This leads to "corruption" in the image that is trying to be portrayed. Just like if you download an image from the web, and part of the stream is missing, you get a corrupted image with pixels that are off here and there. However, the longer and more detailed the description, the less corruption you will get.

Much is lost in our form of communication. But it is all we have to work with. It would be extremely nice if we could transfer pictures in our mind back and forth. That would take care of corruption.

But in some ways we have this now. Letters for example are merely symbols. Because they are so simple, when I see the letter "E" you know exactly what I mean. There is no corruption. It is only when we have to communicate or describe something the problems begin. Even in the other forms of communication you mention, there are still these basic symbols.

Our language today is like trying to download a big picture on a 56k modem. Where as it downloads you get the top line, then the next line over a period of time. And as you describe an image or event in your head, that is exactly how it's done between us.

How is telepathy really going to improve things? Is it not just 2 minds communicating? If so, then our vocal cords actually provide that function. What you are really asking for is a bigger pipeline of communication. So that the images can appear for you almost instantly.

In a world of sound bites, I'd certainly welcome a bigger pipeline.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Nah, the solution to end world wars is to abolish religion, dishonesty and ignorance.

But don't you see. With telekinesis and the works, we would have eliminated ignorance, fully understand one another, including religion; hopefully abolish is all tegether. Dishonesty is just a given.

reply to post by '___'eed

Under stress is a good theory. I like. Money has us all stressed all the time, at least for lower and middle class.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I agree, in Assembler it is much easier way to show empathy.
So if we will be all connected into giant Wi-Fi grid and use the same protocol to communicate all the problems and chaos will stop. But wait, anyone will know what i think. And not all my thoughts deserve to be spoken. What if my boss will know what i sometimes think about him and his close relatives?
He will need a lot more empathy then now, in verbal communication only.
Really, linking up everyone will need loss of human emotions and erratic thoughts. So a society of intelligent ants will evolve. You think that it will be better then now? Ants do not fight?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
No, telekinesis does not eliminate dishonesty, nor does telepathy.

The only thing that will eliminate ignorance and dishonesty is the people theirselves through becoming knowledgable and intelligent.

As I said: if there is such a thing as telekinesis and telepathy it would bea reward for world peace, not a precursor.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Our limitations doesn't have anything to do with the vocal cords. We have enough language to describe everything we see, with multiple words and languages. All we are doing with the vocal cords is making patterns in the waves that we recognize.

Disagree. After reading your whole post, it seems you do too.

Obviously I do not disagree with the patterns of waves part.

When you say a word, it has a specific pattern to it. There are still many patterns never used, despite all our languages.

Okay. So we are limited as of now. How long must we wait until we find out how to be completely proficient in the use of our Larynx?

But as the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words.

Right. Limit.

I once took a deeper look into communication. You have 1 person who has an image in their head. They have to translate that image into words in which they can describe the picture they see. The words travel, and the other person then has to take those words and translate that into their own image. This leads to "corruption" in the image that is trying to be portrayed. Just like if you download an image from the web, and part of the stream is missing, you get a corrupted image with pixels that are off here and there. However, the longer and more detailed the description, the less corruption you will get.

Definitely love this analogy or example. Images are a nice idea but I was leaning more towards a hybrid of telekinesis and empathy. So we would feel others' emotions, yet we could choose to have images or not, for means of further communication.

Much is lost in our form of communication. But it is all we have to work with. It would be extremely nice if we could transfer pictures in our mind back and forth. That would take care of corruption.

But in some ways we have this now. Letters for example are merely symbols. Because they are so simple, when I see the letter "E" you know exactly what I mean. There is no corruption. It is only when we have to communicate or describe something the problems begin. Even in the other forms of communication you mention, there are still these basic symbols.

Our language today is like trying to download a big picture on a 56k modem. Where as it downloads you get the top line, then the next line over a period of time. And as you describe an image or event in your head, that is exactly how it's done between us.

Yes much is lost. I could tell my mom I feel horrible because I killed a toad with my truck but does she really feel my sadness and disappointment.

Symbols I understand. In telekinesis I can see that. However, I can imagine that we could communicate telepathically without use of symbols, but pure images for conveyance.

Modem analogy is great way to contrast speed of communication.

How is telepathy really going to improve things? Is it not just 2 minds communicating? If so, then our vocal cords actually provide that function. What you are really asking for is a bigger pipeline of communication. So that the images can appear for you almost instantly.

In a world of sound bites, I'd certainly welcome a bigger pipeline.

Two minds indirectly communicating. Vocal chords are the instruments that of which are used to communicate, analogous to a telephone.

What I am asking for is everyone to be empathetic towards one another. For instance, in war killing or at least hurting someone is common so to feel others pain is to cause pain to oneself. If I pluck your eyes out, I feel the pain essentially as much as you. That is why I like the idea of synchronized consciousness (if I know what that means). The only problem I see with the notion of that is loss of individuality. Also, where do human instincts come into play.

As a side note, could you imagine the pleasure of sex with someone you love, when two minds are mutually receiving double the dose. Paradisiacal in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
No, telekinesis does not eliminate dishonesty, nor does telepathy.

The only thing that will eliminate ignorance and dishonesty is the people theirselves through becoming knowledgable and intelligent.

As I said: if there is such a thing as telekinesis and telepathy it would bea reward for world peace, not a precursor.

Maybe I am making a misnomer or misinterpretation of telekinesis, but your telling me that if I could read your mind, that I could not determine if you were being dishonest? Please explain.

A reward of world peace? I could see that but I see no reason why with a hybrid of empathy and telekinesis would not cause world peace to come to fruition. were all entitled to our opinions so not going to argue with you.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You're saying that you could determine my mind, that you'd be all knowing.
You'd know all things present, past and future even without personal experience of them. That you could tap into a source of energy where all (eternal) memories are stored and somehow gather from them what belongs to who and where and when (that's the hard part).

Hypothetically this is possible since energy is eternal, however there is no means to determine what state energy has been in its past, since its past is eternal we must determine that it has been either eternal things or all things that can and do exist of the eternal one (energy/universe/"God").

If you never knew me and met me at age 23 and I was telling you about my life how do you expect that you could decipher whether I'm lying or not?

If you can answer these questions using science and logical reason then I'll seriously pursue this avenue of study in a rational, knowable, logical, factual and scientific way as I do with all things. An opinionated intercourse will only birth the offspring of opinion.

Looking forward to your response.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
By the way: the limited range of sound waves produced by our larynx in no way prohibits the concepts that our written and spoken language expresses.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

I am glad you are looking forwards to a response but this one does not count.

Well I never explicitly stated or implied omniscience. Sorry. In my OP I guess I should have been more specific.

If you can answer these questions using science and logical reason then I'll seriously pursue this avenue of study in a rational, knowable, logical, factual and scientific way as I do with all things. An opinionated intercourse will only birth the offspring of opinion.

Also, before I delve further into the subject, I want to really research into the jargon, semantics, and nuances of the telekinesis/telepathy/empathy/psychokinesis. Have you? If not, do it too so we can have a legitimate, productive, fact provoking discussion. I have major tests this week so I must concentrate on college right now. This weekend or next week starting Thursday for me is good.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
Disagree. After reading your whole post, it seems you do too.

What I mean is that we are not limited in our communication for what we wish to communicate as far as verbal. The problem is the speed in which it happens, in a world when everything is expected to be short sound bits.

For example, when I write a big long post like above I am not really have trouble communicating. I am not really limited in my abilty to communicate, but how many people do you think just skipped over the post because it was more than 100 characters long?

empathy I both agree and disagree. People who understand multiple perspectives are no doubt much more intelligent and also make better decisions. IE: Putting yourself in the other persons shoes.

But I can already think of ways to hurt people here that negates your wishes. Ever been in school when someone racks their fingers across the chalk board? Most everyone is screaming and covering their ears, but the person who is doing is not bothered because they are more focused on their power to make someone do it. And they probably know exactly how it feels to be on the other side, but the power they feel by doing it is more important.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You didn't state the word omniscience but you did imply the concept.

To be able to know all things is the only way that you'd know if I was lying about my past or not.

Even through (the same as writing lies) sending false images (through telepathy) I can still deceive. How could you possibly decipher which images are real and which are fake if you have nothing to compare them to because you have no previous knowledge of my life? UNLESS, like I said, you were able to tap into omniscience.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Let's just say I've spent a lot of time dissociated from my body. I'll start from there--

I have come to the conclusion that most problems in the world are stemmed from lack of empathy, and corruption of messages through verbal communication.

I hear people saying that being able to fully transmit and receive the unadulterated contents of a mind would not solve what we perceive to be fundamental inequities of humanity--greed, etc.

I disagree. I think that if people were able to fully feel what their fellow being is feeling, it would be utterly impossible for greed (war, etc.) to occur. Empathic and telepathic confluence are the prerequisites to utopia, and technology will bring us there, if we can survive to the point.

[edit on 9/23/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
People already can fully feel what their fellow Humans feel.

That's when they take advantage of them. People feel another's pain and sense weakness, time to take advantage.

You were outside your body, eh? Are you a contradiction practitioner? Or are you another one of those "I'll use this beyond the physical realm idea to make them believe me!" Regardless, the facts are still the facts inside and outside of your body.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I said dissociated, not out of body. I'm not allowed to talk about the method on this forum, but you can probably figure it out.

And no, people cannot fully feel what other humans feel. It's part of the limited nature of perception. Any psychology or communications class will confirm that.

The paranoia that comes from being unable to accurately judge the motivations of other people is probably what leads the people you talk about to take advantage of who they perceive to be weak and in pain.

If say, this said person who would normally take advantage of the other felt the full range of pain that this person was feeling, I HIGHLY doubt they would be able to justify inflicting anything upon the person to magnify their negative feelings.

[edit on 9/23/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
But this is all speculation. Anyone strong enough and determined enough would still take advantage of another's weakness, even if able to fully empathize.

If we all felt each other's pains and happiness it would be chaotic. Once the people of pain slipped past 50% there might occur a snowball effect through empathy where everyone would become stuck in pain because we're all empathizing with one another.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Full empathization entails that there would be equal emotion conveyed to the person who is receiving the indirect emotion. In regards to pain, it is just plain implausible that anyone would cause pain to another if they knew it would be as if causing the same pain to themselves I.e. completely reciprocated or requited.

As stated before LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal, we are opinionating a lot so we do need facts.

BTW: From omniscience may ensue knowledge of dishonesty, but not so much as what I was trying to convey. I was gearing this entire post/thread more towards feeling if someone is being dishonest. Furthermore, having control over the breadth of the empathy would be in our grasp, hypothetically speaking. You are right, we would be in trouble if all of a sudden some infinite loop of pain was initiated somewhere.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

top topics

join