It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the world will collapse without the US?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yes, I believe so.

If the rumor in this thread is right, then I think the US will drag everybody's economy down with hers.

My reasoning is, because the US is still the number one driving force in the world economy and the biggest consumer of world products. Without the US, the world economy will grind to a halt and set it back at least a decade.

China, India and Japan will be hit very hard if the US economy collapse.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Yes, I think that the collapse of the US will bring down the world economy with her. Bad times are on the horizon.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
"When the US sneezes... The rest of the World catches a cold."

Fox.

Sorry about the one liner, but I thought it was appropriate.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yes, I do believe the rest of the world will fail without the United States. Just look what will happen to the Middle East if the American consumption of gasoline hits the floor. Look what will happen to the Chinese sweat shops if there is no more Americans buying the goods they produce. If the US falls it could get ugly as we're the only country that can afford to run a 9 trillion dollar debt and continue to run it up. However, let's all hope this doesn't happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yes, if our economy crashes it will bring the world down with it. If this bailout bill gets passed it will give the other countries time to dump the dollar and then we will be really screwed. If we can stop this bailout bill and let the market right it self it will cause a global depression, but instead of inflation we would have deflation.

All the industrial nations would have to decrease the value of there products in order to keep business going because nobody wold be able to afford anything they sell.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

It really feels like we are just laying the ground work for starting WWIII. The entire world could then focus on manufacturing weapons and caskets, population would be thinned out, debts erased and after the dust settles the maniacs behind the wheel get to do it all over again.

Man, I hope I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
WELCOME TO THE AUTUMN/FALL EQUINOX SEPTEMBER 22

Funny how the market will appear to crash around the time.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Word War III!
You're scaring me, man. Let's not go there yet.

reply to post by '___'eed

Equinox September 22, what are you talking about?
Do you think it will surely crash this September?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Let it crash and burn. The world economy is set up wrong anyway, look at it now.

If it crashed, would people stop starving in third world countries? Would people stop crossing into America's borders illegally? Would the assembly line worker in China still have a job so the communist party would not have a disgruntled middle class out of work? Do you honestly think money would dry up for illegal drugs being shipped by the ton?

Everything would continue on with minor modifications here and there within the work force. Potholes in streets still need to be filled in, utilities still need to work, stores still need to sell products; all these functions require jobs.

Seriously, the gloom and doom end of the earth crap is stupid with ignorant people listening. My parents went through the depression, I have heard about it first hand. Yeah, economic times were tough, but people survived and the economy was still functional.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
well, if the US economy collapses , the world economy will not collapse, it will be hit hard offcourse ,and of course , Russia will benefit the most out of it ,

secondly , the centre of economic power will shift to middle east oil nations and Russia whcih will not only be a good ,but also the world will be free from the jaws of genocidal USa .....

another good idea , that should be implemented by the russians , should be to stir up a massive civil war in USA , to ensure that USA will never rise again , as USA is very dangerous that has been shown by several of its warmongering administration several times

[edit on 22-9-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If the US economy collapses YES the world economy will become very bad but NO it wont collapse.
Look to the last depression some country's had it worse and for longer than others.
Some country's are less reliant on the US economy than others.
So it would be a very mixed thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Hmm, interesting question. You might also wanna ask, do you think the USA will collapse without the rest of the world?
On either question, yes to a degree.

I think fox_3000au put it best though...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think that if the U.S. economy completely collapsed, it would NOT bring forth a global collapse. I do think that nearly all world markets would be affected, and I also believe that should the U.S. economy completely fail, that it would eventually build itself back up, assuming there wasn't a Manson's dream come true -- a militaristic front determined to collectively wage war on U.S. soil. I think such a wish is pretty foolish as it reflects a desire for a situation that would likely herald the BIG ONE, the war of all wars, in which everyone looses.

x

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When I say collapse, I mean collapse like the Great Depression. It doesn't mean the end of the world, or the end of economy or financial system.

One of the cause of the Great Depression is debt especially in the US. Its stock market crashed then the crisis 'travel' all around the world. Yes, the Soviet at that time seems more immune to the depression. It is because they don't adopt the capitalist word system. Russia however is not the Soviet Union and nowhere near as powerful, and definitely more dependent on the capitalist system than the Soviet.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I see where you are coming from and agree with you to a large extent, but we also know that the Great Depression ran us right straight into, and was only alleviated by, the Second Great War.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

the centre of economic power will shift to middle east oil nations

Except of course those nations whose economies are intimately ties to the US and based on that debt.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

another good idea , that should be implemented by the russians , should be to stir up a massive civil war in USA , to ensure that USA will never rise again , as USA is very dangerous that has been shown by several of its warmongering administration several times

That is sick. On the other hand, maybe you WANT WWIII, because such an action would immediately lead to the United States, launching an all-out nuclear attack on Russia. In the ensuing hours, the rest of the world would come to a quick end.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You can get a clue of what other countries think that would happen to the world economy if the U.S. economy collapses by just wondering why the U.S. credit rating hasn't been lowered.

Many of these world powers have a lot invested in the U.S. in the form of debt. They not only want their money back, but they also dont want the dollar to loose that much values because that hurts them too.

I'm starting to believe that sooner rather than later the money pipeline is going to dry up, making the country to raise taxes and finally sending us into a deep recession if not worst.

It wont take long for other countries to realize that the U.S. has become an Enron on steroids and that their is no sane reason to invest here anymore.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

That is a very very good point Bunch.

If this crisis ever become a world depression, I think there's already a remedy for it. The one that doesn't involve any war. A preferred solution, something that involves the G7 I guess.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yup everybody will go down with the US. The US is the heart of the world. We invest in countries all over the world and they invest in us. We buy products overseas and are the biggest spenderss. Most tourits around the world are Americans. Unfortunately, because of the weak dollar less people are going to Europe and its already been felt in their economy.

China economy is already hurt due to the US economy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join