It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does "Everyone" Dissapear on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the compliments! I never really disappered. I've always been here, but I am more of a lurker than an active poster... guess I kindof ran out of things to say!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I only go where the winds take me
There was a while there where I didnt want to touch a computer for many months. I felt as if I was becomming part of this machine!
Many of us will be found in the woods, with the trees and forest animals.
Some of us may just go away due to death.
And some just are to busy with life to have time to post anymore.

I wish you will Antar! You have always been a good poster, and threw my away time from the net, I have always felt connected to ATS in some round about way.

We are all one, and in the end, you shall see.

There are also other reasons some people leave.. They are onto ATS and what its really about!! What is that reason? Well Im not saying, becasue I value my time here. And what I know would be bannable!!
So my lips are zipped.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Strange thought I have had for quite some time, where do all of the once active members go when they just simply vanish?

I realize it can be difficult keeping up with all the members that come and go, but some of them were so great that it is amazing threads are not being devoted to them.

I am certain most of you can think of at least one or two, perhaps more if you have been an active member for a while. Question is where did they go? And how do we know that everyone on ATS is not slated to just vanish one day without a trace? What if 'they' used sites like this to round up the dissadents and trouble makers?

Sometimes, they have other interests.

I would say this: When you know (absolutely know) that you have to stop posting here, you will understand why they have left. ("stop posting here" means a conscious decision to no longer post here).

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What happens is there is a huge conflict of interest for people here on this site.

We are, essentially, a community of activists and truth seekers here, but we participate on a website that is in the business of being in Business.

This is great - in that it survived the tech shakeout to allow a formidable membership to come in to being - but it is also what stops ATS from ever becoming truly revolutionary!

So as posters tire of discussion - and seek real collective action on an issue - they are either banned - or severly warned - and they thus become disillusioned and become little more than occasional lurkers of this site.

I understand the site feels it MUST do this to limit it's liability - but ultimately it's a fatal catch-22 - one that essentially makes this site into a perfect gatekeeper.

And as long as we keep going round and round on the issues here, forbiden to ever discuss taking the next step, we are playing right into the elites hands.

Now - I still love ATS for it's ability to disseminate the truth in ways unheard of in earlier times - but we must recognize the paradox we find ourselves in here - and we should make plans - like wearechange has done - to take our knowledge and actively put it into practice throught the world.

And I am sure many of the most learned members here have disappeared to do just that - to join the fight on the eve of humaities darkest hour yet!

That is why I am cautiously optimistic - although I do fear that many leave here out of frustration with the whole system.

Let us resolve to recognize ATS limitations - and hold ourselver accountable for what needs to be done - at all levels in our community - and in the World!

Viva la Revolution!!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I can't speak for all of them, but from my own experience and the long-time members I have personally known who have left, the great majority of them leave over dissatisfaction with the site and the path things are taking, with the mods, admin, owners, or whoever.

A lot of them left once ATS got kind of "mainstream" and started attracting the wrong kinds of members, others leave when staff announces new rules or other things. Some of them are banned (I've seen a subject matter expert get banned suddenly and without warning over the course of a single day.) It's policy not to discuss why someone has been banned.

I've also been forcibly locked out of my account twice without being banned after engaging in arguments or criticism with high-level people (password changed, email changed so password recovery does not work), but I don't want to go into who does that or why because I would like to keep my account here and not have it happen again.

So they aren't getting abducted by aliens or dragged off by the MIB. People just change. People get pissed off. People grow and desire something "new", "better", or "different". Or people just do something foolish and get themselves silenced in one way or another.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Well said, Yarcofin.
You took the words - almost verbatim - from my mouth.

Quite simply and bluntly: while there are quite a few simply brilliant minds here (and more than one "celebrity"), there also are apparently WAY too many kiddies on this site, who physically and visually overwhelm the boards with their paltry hoaxes - or even legitimate questions which, however, are sometimes SO basic that they could and should have been researched beforehand (even via Wikipedia, not the greatest of mankind's intellectual legacies).

And so you get an awful lot of primary school-level "discussions", often about subjects that were/are tough to chew on even for the most brilliant and well-read minds. (Not to mention an overabundance of exclamation marks and other improperly used punctuation...
)

Everyone has the right to participate in discussions. Of course, no doubt about that.

But is it really surprising that, after a while, people who came here attracted by the possibility of top-notch discussions about vital subjects simply get tired of surfing onto the site and having to wade through a morass of abduction (!!!!!!), we're all going to die tomorrow (!!!!!), Jesus was satan (!!!!!!), Satan was Jesus (!!!!!!) stories?

I think not.

There are a few things that could vastly improve - or restore - the overall quality of the site, but this thread is not the place to suggest them.
Furthermore, personally I don't even feel like suggesting them anymore, because I am getting an increasing feeling that they would be simply ignored or even labeled as "whining", or some other elegant expression from that particular line of thought.

But, being the don Quixote that I am, I might still do it, though.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I've seen some post threads about the "end" coming, and once their chosen date passes and nothing happens they disappear. Hoaxers, disinfo's or as I like to call them, attention whor....I'm sure if i type it all out I'll get a warning.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The iconoclast, creative, outside the box, outlaws eventually get banned for their nonconformist ways and resistance to being nice.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Being "nice" has nothing to do with conformism or the lack of it, my friend.
Or, more precisely, if there is a correlation, quite the opposite is true.

The most truly independent thinkers and doers I know are/were relentlessly kind, even in the face of aggression.

It takes enormous strength of character to appear "weak" (to those who are weak themselves).

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
After a while, you run out of surprises and realize how the world works.

In the beginning, its nice with all the new stuff to read about. After a while you notice its the same stuff getting repeated over and over and not much new.

Different events gets discussed, but its the same conclusions.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think that those members who "vanish" reach terminal velocity and are flung to the far reaches of the internet.

Some like comets find their way back periodically.

link   
reply to post by antar

im afraid its far less sinistar.

all forums go through this cycle. People get boared, some people lose intrest, some people lose the ability to get online, while at the same time new people are always finding out and registering ect..

link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

I think you summed it up better than anybody could, WTG

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think a lot of the older members were pretty much pushed away when ATS started getting 'mainstream' as it were.

As membership levels rose, so did the amount of hoaxes and plain ridiculous threads. I remember when this place was full of excellent threads where one could have a discussion without it turning into an immature flame war or nut job thread.

Now though, not so much. I used to adore this place and I could never see myself leaving, but I just slowly drifted out.

Until now of course, I'm trying to put an appearance in again, it's just tiresome digging through the crap to get to the good stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can see by the respected and long time members attrackted to this OP i am not alone in my concerns and thoughts about missing members.

If you take just a snippit from each of you, it would probably be close to the truth and that in essence is what continues to drive my addiction to ats.

I sometimes look at the board just to see whos on and it is surprising how many people I miss chatting with or even argueing with that are actually on and yet I dont see them reply.

I wish that i had the type of mind or skill to put together a base of the people I am talking about, actually a couple have posted here which has been awakening. However it is true we are not allowed to discuss the MIA, or its not 'on'.

I know for some it just gets redundant and petty or 101ish, I can relate, I just wonder and here it comes, because I have had a rash of flyovers since joining ats that never happened before. If people from these types of sites were to be snatched up, who would ever be the wiser? Accidents happen, all manner of things happen. I just think some of my most respected and admired have vanished. And at the same time what is weird to me is that we get these packs thast come in and derail every subject I am interested in and just ignore the truly bright posts and people with something important to say. I pretty much quit listening to George Norey because he was doing the same thing. if a caller came on with some STUPID call he would be all OHhhh and ahhh and go on, can you wait till after the break? and others that were fascinating he cuts off and just says "next caller please".

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just HAD to add this ats thread to the mix...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Soemtimes I just need to take a break.

I try to keep up on current events and be a good un-sheeple, but here and there I need to be ignorant for a while, just to recharge my batteries.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

There are two types of posts on ATS:

1. The junk and the ones complaining about the junk.

2. The good stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i know exactly what happens to people who are too smart here ,they tried it with me and i just managed to escape with my life.
they are still harrasing me on a daily basis.

i know what this website is for and who created it ,it serves as disinformation and information control for those "beings" who are responsible for phenomena such as ufo's, depopulation , secret government ,mind control and aids.

soon they will try to launch an aspect of projectblue book here ,that is creating a pseudo evil alien force with prorpted evidence to be shown to the public.

many of the so called users here are really them ,they are often responsible for de railing threads ,discrediting and intimidation tactics.
they seem to hate us talking about certain things,chemtrails ,morgellons,9-11,weather modification,project bluebook and its fake AI god machine that will pretend be both god and the devil.

its remarkable the amount of users here who start getting electronicly harrased not long after signing up,im talking to so many.

this site is not what it seems ,nor are they who run it.mark my words.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

As a grey, reptilian time-traveling leader of the NWO... i take offense to that.

Seize him!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join