It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT Pictures: Portable PRISON CELLS unloaded in PROVO, UTAH

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
to the 2nd poster: while I am 100% against the drug laws (obviously marijuana is less harmful than alcohol.. but even the harmful drugs I am against having laws that oppose their use ~ why should my tax $$ pay for the choices that ppl make to harm their bodies), I also have to say that since there are laws against the use of drugs, those who use them are well aware of what lays ahead of them should they be caught.

Good thing those criminals who thought it was a good idea to free slaves or hide Jews during the war, didn't care for immoral and corrupt laws then! In my opinion, people who abide by unjust laws merely perpetuate the status quo. It is a great thing to want to change laws from within the legal system, but the corrupt nature of the system itself inherently prevents that.

I'm not sure I really understand the need for these prison blocks, and I can't find an official source (granted, if it's not on the first results page of google, I tend to skip searching) so Im confused about the necessity of these things.

Are they for a specific reason? Is there a new facility being erected here?

I really don't see this as epic as the OP suggests, but without an official line, who knows. I'd like to see more about the reasoning behind this.

On the one hand, I do see an increased failure in decency from a lot of law enforcers in the US - a lot may be due to the nature of the internet and in how it is so easy now to disseminate these stories - which is cause for concern, albeit not as ominous as suggested, but certainly a scary notion.

And on the other hand, criminals - real criminals, murderers, rapists, the putrid scum of society et al - are also at a wax the last few years, at least in my opinion. More prisons could just mean there is a need to keep violent repeat offenders confined rather than letting them back out due to lack of prison space. Again, a scary notion.

Interesting thread..

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here is one of those prefabbed prisons.

Latitude, Longitude: (35.15314395008434, -117.8594183921814)

It was build by a company that wanted to get a long term contract with the state of Calif and federal prison system to house prisoners.

I remember a lot of controversy of this prison from the state guards union.
and the ACLU because the guards would not be state employees. But working for a contractor.
Most of it was accountabily for mistreatment of prisoners

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

All I can say is...

I am glad I do not live in America...!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Maybe the truth is, there will be civil unrest when the economy crashes and they don't want total chaos among the masses

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Whats the official word, on these and Has someone found a patent on them? If we find a Patent filed by the U.S goverment For portable prison cells that would prove it to me.

But the lack of a Toilet/washbasin and a Drainhole, make me think that they are not prison cells. Unless you just get a bucket...

They could be a Concrete safes, wich many banks have, for Mansions/Small banks.

But i am willing to believe these are prisons, until they are proved otherwise.

I also didnt believe the FEMA coffins, until ATS found the Patents and several companies that made them.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
delete

[edit on 23-9-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It seems they are getting ready for overcrowding prisons, now where will the prisoners come from?

The time is right to stand up for our rights, its not for our "own good", its not "for our safety"

What else must happen for us to break our cocoon and start realizing that we are nothing but cattle.

The flock of sheep thinks the shepherd is taking them for a leisurely stroll with dinner included...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Newsflash, prisons systems throughout the United States ARE overcrowded. They regularly put 3-4 people in cells designed for 2. So there is no need for them to find people to fill them up. I do not think there is as much going on here as people would like (hope?) to believe. How else would you have liked these prefab cells to have been transported to the site, by semi? How about by helicopter? This really isn't anything to get uptight about. Now, if overnight a prison popped, fully staffed without anyone noticing ANYTHING, then I think we have a conspiracy to deal with.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by ninthaxis]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Permanent or not does it not frighten you in the least that they can create a jail in such a short amount of time? They can literally make a 300 inmate jail from start to finish in less than a month.

Why should that frighten me? They threw up a Wendy's here in about 3 weeks or so. Should I be scared of that too?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
These are just the future living quarters for those who don't pay their gov't mortgage.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by me.b4ck]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just an observation. Each unit has the plumbing hook ups on the top and the main drain on the bottom of the unit. The door in the center seems to be an access panel to repair leaks and whatever.... One of the pictures has an inset mirror on the wall to the left with a location below it for a "toilet"??

With 1% of the U.S. population currently doing time we should look for better options than more cells.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
These stories about prisons and detainee stations keep popping up. On another site someone posted that several closed military bases were being converted so they could act as stations where "unruly citizens" could be held. And since a lot of these bases were quite large, that could only mean one thing. The government was about to declare martial law. There was however, a little problem with the list. One of the bases listed was Eaker AFB in Blytheville Ar. Since I live in Blytheville, I decided I would take a drive and check this out for myself.
Folks, there was no construction going on. Part of the base has been converted to a retirement village. There are businesses that are popping up in some areas of the base, and in others the buildings are going to pot.
Some folks need to get over their paranoia.
Modular prisons? Fine. Don't break the law, you won't have to wind up in one.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

The thing is, innocent people get set up by our own government to protect their informants.

WASHINGTON -- While probing organized crime in New England since the 1960s, the FBI used killers as informants, shielded them from prosecution and knowingly sent innocent people to jail, House investigators said Thursday in concluding a two-year inquiry.

The bureau's conduct "must be considered one of the greatest failures in the history of federal law enforcement," according to the final report from the House Government Reform Committee.

"Federal law enforcement personnel tolerated and probably encouraged false testimony in a state death penalty case just to protect their criminal informants," said Rep. Dan Burton, who started the investigation when he was committee chairman.

"False testimony sent four innocent men to jail. They were made scapegoats in order to shield criminals," said Burton, R-Ind.

Source

This isn't some petty charge, these guys got convicted over murder, their lives ruined to protect criminals. An isolated set of cases, maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. I remember reading on ABCNews last summer that a 2 guys were set up by the Feds for murder and were released after 25 or 30 some years of doing time. Make of this what you will.

Edit - Include source link

[edit on 24-9-2008 by ninthaxis]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

That's basically true. Even though the case of these prison cells was mistaken identity, there are quite a few renovated facilities around the nation that are empty, have brand new vehicles with government plates parked in them and outside of them, and in some cases there are even government marked trains ready to move a cargo consisting of (X)... Many of these facilities are extremely similar to prisons with turnstiles, video surveillance, and watchtowers.

Some facilities already built and housing prisoners are used for purposes that noone will clearly and definitively specify. And the security at these facilities is so ridiculous that you can't even park in the parking lot outside the prison without being approached by multiple security guards..

(NOTE: Some people call these "FEMA concentration camps" but noone really knows what the true purpose of these facilities even is. But isn't it interesting how all this effort has been put forth by the government itself to prepare these facilities for what seems to be "human processing" using government renovated facilities, government-registered vehicles, and old acquired military hardware like trains.)

Some really interesting videos to check out..

And a few more for those interested..
America destroyed by design: FEMA Concentration Camps
Congress is kept away from Rex 84 FEMA camp Martial Law plan
LOCK UP ALL AMERICANS IN PRISON CAMPS/MARTIAL LAW
Fema Underground
FEMA: part I - The Truth
FEMA: part II - The Camps
FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS PT 2 (bad language in this one. Don't know where part 1 is though. Yes I looked.)
CONCENTRATION CAMPS HERE IN THE U.S.A. PART 1

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Great find not sure if anyone else noticed this, there was a federal prison built in the town i lived a few years go and this is how they are built. They bring in prefabricated cells and stack them together. There is actually one cell outside of the prison that you can still walk into and look around. They had used a crane and brought it so far up and dropped it. They done this to test the cell for something such as an earthquake or tornado. But, to keep a long story short those are what those cells are for... sorry to burst any bubbles...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Permanent or not does it not frighten you in the least that they can create a jail in such a short amount of time? They can literally make a 300 inmate jail from start to finish in less than a month.

These pods are cheap and easy to construct which means they can mass produce them and ship them to any point in the country where they need a new prison in that time. So in less than a year they could possibly build 3600 fully functional 300 inmate prisons. ANYWHERE.

But its ok, the government is your friend. they are there to protect you and keep you safe from the bad men out there planing to attack the US.

I'm glad they can create jails fast whenever they need them. I mean, our jails are already overcrowding from rapists, drug users/dealers, killers, assault-ers, pedophiles, etc. I'm pretty sure that it would be a good thing if there was a place to put those people instead of having too many of them in a jail that's too small where they could get uneasy enough to start a riot and possibly escape.

EDIT: And to add, I just find it funny that even though this has been debunked numerous times... people are still claiming it's a conspiracy or a hint of a "new world order", just using different explanations of how our government is going to do it.

I bet you could see a cow going into an ice cream store and find some way to relate it to the government about to put us all in jail for... welll... no reason whatsoever.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by ericds]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hmm I live right next to Provo and actually work in Provo. Maybe I can go check this out.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cgrfan
Hmm I live right next to Provo and actually work in Provo. Maybe I can go check this out.

If you wouldnt mind taking some pics, we would be interested in seeing more.

Blessings.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

stop at the state weight station outside heber and ask if they had oversized permits shown to them on these trucks carring cement jail cells going to vernal or any other towns going east, HOBBIT.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
They're adding on to the jail there. I know, I've been there recently. It's not really Provo, Utah at all, it's Spanish Fork, Utah.

These"portable Prison cells" as they are now being called have been around for some time. If you've been to more than one jail that has been built in the last 20 years or so you'll notice that they're basically the same. Like the one in the video.
This is just paranoia, plain and simple.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join