It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT Pictures: Portable PRISON CELLS unloaded in PROVO, UTAH

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
These have been around for decades.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
At least they painted the interiors white... making it look more "livable". ...So why make it look all "nice" and cozy?

So you can hose it down to clean it out. Bodily fluids are organic, and decay in a most odiferous manner.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
that is not a portable prison....those pictures show the pre built pods they use to build a new facility.Dig around a little and you can probaly find the construction site.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Ok, a little off topic. I am curious about that video. You say it is from FEMA? The class did not look full. And I am unsure why or where they would go with the topic. I read your position. And for whatever reason I can not get it through my head what the point is. Other than, making some bogus statement that our founding fathers are terrorists. Please bare in mind, I am asking to educated. Not criticized for my ignorance. So, becuase the class did not seem to be full, I would think that it is not the standing of the entire FEMA organization. Only a few. Not to say that makes it ok. So if I could just get it put to me in another way. Maybe that would help my febble brain. I realize that i sound stupid. I really am not.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
link

The jail cells used for the facility will be Tindall precast concrete jail cells constructed in Atlanta, Georgia. The cells will be shipped by rail to the nearest rail spur and trucked to Vernal. Once on the construction site, the cells are erected, taking only about a week to put them in place. These types of jail cells were previously used by Layton Construction for the Davis County Jail Expansion project that was completed in 2006. Each 13-by-7 foot prefabricated unit contains two cells, each containing two bunks and a wall-attached desk and toilet. Using the precast, ready-made cells allows the project team to get a high-quality product at a lower cost and in a compressed construction time schedule.

As already said...These are prefabs for a new jail being built.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'll tell you what is ery interesting about those cell designs is they are completely outdated. As far as I understand, even 20 yrs ago a prison cell design would have none of the hard edges like these. I don not know the standards in the USA but I am pretty sure these cells would not pass, unless the laws are different in different states. Does anyone know which company designed these (alright I better ead the article)? They look like they are designed to make it very easy for a prisinor to harm themselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yes, Vernal makes sense. I saw one of these being trucked up Provo Canyon on 9/15 along NB US189 (which would be the route to get to US40 leading East to Vernal).

For those of you who don't know, Vernal has grown a lot lately as an oil boom town. Lots of tough oil field workers living there now, and no doubt stressing the local corrections system.

fwiw...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
These cell modules are the same that were on the series called "Americas Hardest prisons" and in one episode they showed how they manufactured them with minimal fixtures and low maintenance plumbing. They were to be used across the country in 'Supermax Prisons"

Think the Series was run on "Discovery" or "National Geographic"

Sorry no conspiracy here -0 just keeping the cost of prisons down by building smarter.

Alot of buildings are now built "Tilt Slab' style of site in prefab moulds.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I've been scrolling thru this thread looking for this exact post. My feelings exactly on the permanence of these cells. Built much like a cruiseship, modular design destined for a larger structure. All you need to do is connect the plumbing/electrical. IMO, not temporary just cost efficient.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I actually saw something just like this on the back of a truck in East Texas the other day. I wondered what the structures were but obviously was unable to see inside. Scary stuff indeed.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

As I recently was released from the Wisconsin prison system, I can telly you it is full of hard edges. Cells like these are for maximum security prisons (well and the county jail I stayed at). They don't care so much about prisoners hurting each other as protecting the guards, so these hard edges aren't much a concern.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Has anyone looked around in the cities you live, and noticed all the really enormous structures that could be used for a 'secret penententary'? Of course everyone knows the world population is roughly 7 billion, but, with all those huge government buildings, being right under the noses of everyone, perhaps a jail for spiritual beings, oh wait, those are called psych health units. Anyways, nice to join the crew here on AboveTopSecret.com, I hope to give clarity on subjects that arrise, as I am a sensitive person, who is affected by the secrecy of the industrial world of concrete and steel. Man, it feels good to be able, now, to express my knowledge with you interesting group of individuals. That is while I have the time, as I may have one less thing to do, that is the internet, come soon, but, I've written a lot on the net and I can visit the library, while I write on the 'word pad,' on my home computie, and then go and post... Cool...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I agree. The Florida Department of Corrections is using basically the same design as shown in the picture. The state has these in almost every major institution in the state.. Although the ones in the pictures look the same, the ones in Florida are Bigger and much heavier. The concrete used to build these units is very strong. Normal drills will not penetrate it. I don't know if they are the same, However the cell layout is identical. The cells were trucked in two "pods" to the truck, They are prefabricated and have steel plates already in the concrete so all they have to do is set the pod on the slab with a crane, and bolt them together. The one I saw being constructed took 9 days from start to finish " That is to set and bolt together, But it houses over three hundred inmates..

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Permanent or not does it not frighten you in the least that they can create a jail in such a short amount of time? They can literally make a 300 inmate jail from start to finish in less than a month.

These pods are cheap and easy to construct which means they can mass produce them and ship them to any point in the country where they need a new prison in that time. So in less than a year they could possibly build 3600 fully functional 300 inmate prisons. ANYWHERE.

But its ok, the government is your friend. they are there to protect you and keep you safe from the bad men out there planing to attack the US.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IamGen

From what I understand that was a briefing between a FEMA official and local police officers. (I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time) I think that the class size is so small because the officers are just in a briefing and the info there will be disseminated to other officers.

The reason I used that video in relation to this topic is that it goes to show the slow and eventual demographic change in position of our government. People that once were called patriots are now being called terrorists. Now it seems that they are looking to lock up people for fighting for what they believe in.

The reason this is on topic is because it shows the manipulation of history and the police state that is here today.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
These are being put in place in a lot of American cities as the higherups feel there will be major social unrest after Obama loses in November!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

CALM DOWN...They are likely for construction/expansion at...
findarticles.com...

The story that needs to be communicated - far and wide - is that the Feds, with everything going on in the markets and ahead of the election, have STOOD UP ARMY NORTH. They are officially gearing up for chaos over the next year. This is NorthCom's first "active" (rather than Nat Guard), and combat (counter-insurgency) ready INFANTRY unit...
www.armytimes.com...

Sleep tight tonight....are you ready?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh, OCTOBER SURPRISE

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the Pakistan/Afghan border exchanges?

Deliver Osama bin Laden by October for John McCain in order to swing and fix another election

For heavens sake, John McCain himself has said he knows how and where to catch him but has not said a word to America about the specifics.

They know exactly where he is thus the reason for the Blackhawk Gunships trying to get in there and capture him.

My guess is the guy was okay taking the fall as scapegoat for the preplanned invasion of Iraq and 9/11.

But I doubt he want to swing at the end of a rope and be a Martyr to a lie, no admittance to heaven and granted virgins for being a false martyr. You watch, the OCTOBER surprise is coming and look - it will be Osama and a 52 - 48 election in favor of McCain via Diebold Voting Machines or whatever it is they call themselves now!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
amazing the amount of money our 'government' spends on prison cells and not education/welfare etc...frightening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join