It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT Pictures: Portable PRISON CELLS unloaded in PROVO, UTAH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm a dude.

Some guy already tried to get a permit for a tent jail, but it was denied and they put up a more conventional jail in Ogden, Utah. These little cubicles aren't for anything spooky, but for more room for the existing prisons so they're not turning these hard criminals loose. Like in the tent city, the majority of these jails are filled with non-violent drug offenders. This happens because it's the same dog chase tail bureaucracy that we see everywhere else in the nation. "The problem is we need more space for criminals." When in all actuality they need to update their ridiculous drug laws and find out a way to sufficiently combat them, and in my eyes, that way is not bringing in lego like jail cells to make room for people.

Edit: Weird... Instead of prisons I had written down "presidents." My mind obviously isn't hitting towards something...

[edit on 22-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
These camps propping up are worrying, The only thing is,
If the government indeed turned psychotic, and started locking everyone up.. why bothering going to such expense?

I mean, they are psychotic remember, why not just take them out on a cruise liner and shoot them all.. or into the desert?

if we lock thousands, maybe tens of thousands of people up.. well we risk to much, at too much expense.

These portable ones in my mind could just be an ability to assist overcrowded jails?...

Im not supporter of this government, but i dont think they are building prisons, in your own backyards to detain you!

its easier, cheaper and more effective just killing you!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Public executions are really really bad PR. What you do? Lock people away, say there isn't enough money left in the budget to feed the inmates and let them starve to death. The "justice system" gets more money granted for more food, that is diverted into more prisons. The best inmates are placed on display for the crowd to see that everything is fine. Meanwhile other inmates are starving to death behind the scenes.

Anyone remember a few years ago the uproar about the middle eastern countries that were into holocaust denial? That was a seed they planted in your mind. "Someone believes that the holocaust didn't happen." Of course they know that the average Joe is fickle and can't remember squat, so they wait till the last of the holocaust survivors IE "witnesses" kick off. Then they step up the media campaign that the holocaust never happened.

They will stop teaching about the holocaust in school, then as time goes by, with these porta prisons in place, with laws also in place that strip everyone of any real rights. They start rounding up the "undesirables" the "dissidents" the "Conspiracy Theorists" label them all criminals, and put them in these huge concentration (er I mean prison) camps and let the problem starve to death or as you Agit8dChop put it, solve the solution cheaply and efficiently with a single bullet to the back of the head.

The country won't see the atrocity occurring behind the scenes cause they will be too busy living their own lives to care. Those that research and investigate the eventual wrongful deaths will be labeled as terrorist sympathisers (already a term being thrown around by the PTB) and off they go to special "detention centers" where they will be re-educated and supposedly re-introduced into normal society after a period of time. (after everyone has forgotten about them)

Thus the rise of the 4th Reich and the disassembly of the land of the free. Don't think it's gonna happen? Look around you, think about all the freedoms you used to have in this country. Think about the terminology being used in the msm. Think of all the propaganda that is being fed to you day in and day out. Look at the porta prisons. Look at the uniforms of the police. Think about what is going on now, and see that another holocaust is brewing on the horizon. This time it's not Germany that has been seduced by propaganda and lies. It's us.

Some Camps are fully operational. GITMO, ABU GHRAB, the ones the CIA has set up in former soviet block countries. The resistance? It's not coming, the freedom fighters? Not going to be there. Why? The media is already bought out and controlled so that the atrocities will occur without notice, without anyone batting an eye. The brainwashing continues day in and day out. They feed on your fear, they plant more fear into you to keep you in line. If you step outside of that box? They obviously have one to put you into.

How long will it take before we realise the worst is here? Will it be the discovery of the first mass grave in this country? Will it be the discovery of ten of them? A hundred? How many people are going to have to die before the citizenry faces the fact that they have been bamboozled and hoodwinked into thinking that everything is going to be ok and that they are being protected from the bad element? How long before apathy and fear turn on those that seek to use these elements in our society against us?

How long before those they call insurgents are correctly labeled freedom fighters? How long before our Dissidents are correctly labeled Patriots? They have started that now too ya know, labeling our founding fathers and the ones that fought for freedom in this country terrorists.

Don't believe me?

So our founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington are now labeled Terrorists? We were always taught they were Patriots! Ah but the subtle game of propaganda plays it's course. Revisionist history takes it's toll even on those that created this great experiment.

Now we have our portable prison cells. ready to be shipped anywhere and set up in a matter of days. A portable prison, to put away all those "bad guys" all those "Terrorists" all those that oppose the crushing of our freedoms the ones that say "Wait! I think for myself!" they have a place for you to quietly think for yourself. All those that fall into the traps of the laws that are set up directly against our freedoms. Those laws increase every day. We do nothing cause they tell us it's for our own good. That they are protecting us from "them" and so we blissfully go on with our lives, while they use the constitution as toilet paper.

All the while in this porta prison you will slowly atrophy and starve, till the day you can no longer do the manual labor they need to keep this country going then Agit8dChop, then they will get that simple efficient solution of a bullet to the back of the head and a restful slumber in a mass grave.

Not to worry, they are doing it for our own good.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

problem is, allowing them to starve to death in these cement prisons is bad PR that lasts and lasts and lasts.. and the agony can be heard from any passerby, the idea is not to make people suffer, or have people lingering. gone, out of sight immediately is the aim, if indeed thats their agenda.

The Nazis, you were either sent to the chamber, or sent to work.
you wernt thrown into rooms and allowed to suffer for weeks on end. whats the point?

If your going to kill hordes, why not do it quickly and painlessly.

Plus, if it gets to that point, PR isnt the priority, its making sure anyone who would 'want' to read that PR is already long locked up!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
sorry folks - but those look like prefab PERMANENT prisson cell units to me

off site fabrication of major units - and onsite assembly is becoming a pretty std construction practice

its faster , more efficent - etc etc etc

those units are WAY over engineered for a " temporary " structure - and have features that temprary units would not need - nor are they dedigned to be ` free standing `

a true temporary jail system SHOULD be made of ` flat pack ` wall pannels - that would bolt together from the OUTSIDE - and allow far easirer handling and distrubution

3 units / std railway flatbed is hardly transportable - plus the mass of them requires a large crane

IMHO - those cells are built to be permanantly cited at thier destination

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Don't believe me?

So our founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington are now labeled Terrorists....

OH MY OH MY.

That youtube video you posted, this link here: www.youtube.com...

The first video on the left in Related Videos, "WATCH FEMA & Local COPS VIOLATE OUR 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS!"

I click it and what do I get?
"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation. " in a red bar

I only half-believed that YouTube was starting to censor vids like this, now I've seen it first hand

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
wow, absolutely shocking!

looks straight outta some sci-fi movie...

i wonder if any will go in underground bases?

[edit on 22-9-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
These camps propping up are worrying, The only thing is,
If the government indeed turned psychotic, and started locking everyone up.. why bothering going to such expense?

I mean, they are psychotic remember, why not just take them out on a cruise liner and shoot them all.. or into the desert?

if we lock thousands, maybe tens of thousands of people up.. well we risk to much, at too much expense.

These portable ones in my mind could just be an ability to assist overcrowded jails?...

Im not supporter of this government, but i dont think they are building prisons, in your own backyards to detain you!

its easier, cheaper and more effective just killing you!

Just because a minority economic elite is psychotic and sociopathic dosen't mean everyone else is. They know they can't get away with everything, so they try and judge what they can get away with. That's why populations have been conditioned against terrorism for so long and why they are trying to get the memes up that there are domestic terrorists. If the domestic population is in a fear frenzy they will try and guide them to self extermination. Remember that the elite are far and few, so this is all a psyop.

If the police and army fall into it the republic is in trouble. The economic crisis is engineered to whip people up into an irrational state where they can't help themselves or each other, in this chaos the PTB come in and do what they planned, to the best aproximation they can get away with.

The trick is to deny fear and avoid direct contact with all the zombies that have bought the bs. Always be sure that the majority of people, the vast majority, will be against martial law, and a revolution will sprout up naturally.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
The first video on the left in Related Videos, "WATCH FEMA & Local COPS VIOLATE OUR 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS!"

I click it and what do I get?
"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation. " in a red bar

I only half-believed that YouTube was starting to censor vids like this, now I've seen it first hand

Looks like there are other copies of the video still on youtube.
I wouldn't presume it was youtube removing the videos as much as users shuffling around what they keep online as they have storage quotas.

Other copies of the same video

After watching that video, I am not sure weather I should or should not arm myself.
While some people say to not only arm yourself, but get an arm that take military ammo, I am wondering what a buncha "peace officers" would think about a guy with an AR15 or some other military spec weapon if they are aiming their weapons at citizens who aren't even holding their weapon.
If they can just disregard your constitutional rights and destroy people's private property on the spot, who's to say they're not gonna just start shooting?

[edit on 22-9-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

Sorry, don't meant to be rude if that's how this sounds but did you miss the bit where it said.

"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."
??

Because if a user was shuffling their vids around it would say something like "Removed by user" or something to that effect.

---

Ontopic. Those things look strange, whether for adding to already built prison systems, or not... Very eerie.

Edited to correct several mistakes:

[edit on 22-9-2008 by A55A551N]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Jail cells are often constructed in units like that and later set into buildings. Those are not meant to be portable at all, but rather to have cells with common strengths and design to eliminate problems that could be encountered if the cells were built from scratch at a building site.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
reply to post by 4N6310

Sorry, don't meant to be rude if that's how this sounds but did you miss the bit where it said.

"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."
??

Because if a user was shuffling their vids around it would say something like "Removed by user" or something to that effect.

That's interesting. I did skip reading the message and simply did a search on the original video title and skipped actually reading the reason it wasn't there. So, I guess I was actually the one being rude by not being fully considerate of the situation at hand.

I am wondering what term of use was violated if these other videos are still there, then, or can we expect them all to be removed?

Maybe it has something to do with the little note at the end of the video insinuating the video author will run outta ammo before someone takes his weapon...and he's got a lot of ammo.

I'd have to agree the title of this thread does seem misleading as these are not really what I would consider portable cells so much as they are prefabricated for integration into a larger facility...that's not to say what the facility is or will be used for...one cell is as good as another for arresting mobility, I suppose.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sorry folks nothing to see here.

A convoy of trucks rolled into town Sept. 11 delivering what will become home not-so-sweet home for future inmates at the new Uintah County Safety Complex jail at 631 East 300 South.

vernal.com...

Right on the front page.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
They look like prefab prison cubicles to me.
They don't look designed to be portable they are just prefab modules made off site in a production facility to make them cheaper.
They are not portable because if you look on the 3rd pic down on the page.
There is a triangle section which has a little steel door access to it.
That's a joint sewage/water system there is a toilet and sink in each cell they dont show you in the picture because its probably not even in there yet.
And there is exposed pipes ready to be plumbed into the plumbing system.
Portable cells wouldn't have hard plumbing.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
At least they painted the interiors white... making it look more "livable". Thing is, if it were to be used primarily just to stock up and hold people en masse, whoever designed and built those things were pretty sensitive and kind enough to consider a bit of aesthetics and privacy (looks like each one of the cells were built for at least two people). They even provided a chair and table w/ a makeshift shelf/hanger fixture.

If it were me, I wouldn't even bother decorating and painting the interiors of the damn thing. So why make it look all "nice" and cozy? Why not maximize the space at the same time save some money to build more "cages"? I'd design it in a way that it could easily be transported and assembled, yet large enough to hold more than just 2-4 people and THEN combine and stack those things together create an even larger facility... and again save money to build even more. Besides, I have my doubts about stacking those things up to ten blocks high... come on. Do they come with elevators and dumbwaiters as well? Ladders and poles perhaps? No... of course stairways are needed. Let all those prisoners and guards climb up and down up to ten stories high? Does not make any sense.

Better yet, why build those prefab cells at all? Just do what the Nazis and Japanese did back in WW2 rather than waste all that money.

In short, I think those "portable prisons" might not exactly be what people think they are.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
They look like prefab prison cubicles to me.
They don't look designed to be portable they are just prefab modules made off site in a production facility to make them cheaper.
They are not portable because if you look on the 3rd pic down on the page.
There is a triangle section which has a little steel door access to it.
That's a joint sewage/water system there is a toilet and sink in each cell they dont show you in the picture because its probably not even in there yet.
And there is exposed pipes ready to be plumbed into the plumbing system.
Portable cells wouldn't have hard plumbing.

Problem is, while your post makes PERFECT sense, doom and gloomers will just gloss over it, pretend you never posted and continue touting the end of society as we know it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundi
reply to post by solarstorm

Anyhow, my contribution is this: what does it say about a society when we can't even house our prison population because it is so d**n massive?
It says our punishment for crime is too weak.
Have you seen the crime statistics in for Singapre?
www.singapore-window.org...

we should follow their crime law example but their is too many bleeding hearts in our Country. And then they complain about the woes of our society but they are the biggest ones standing in the way of progress.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
I'm a dude.
People often mistake you for a female. I don't think your avatar helps. plus you are usually very calm tempered in your style of writing and not very agressive like a guy.
maybe a more manly avatar would help this.
just mho

cheers,

Julie

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The way things are going I'll be lookin to rent one of these shortly. The ikea version with sky-blue trim would earn itself a reasonable return here in Sydney.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join