It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In this election, Race IS a huge factor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Just found an acticle on yahoo that talks are about what some people are thinking and feeling, but unwilling to admit.

news.yahoo.com...

There is a reason this election is so close and despite what some might say, there are a lot of people out there that will NOT vote for Obama, no matter what he says or does, simply because of the color of his skin. I noticed that some people simply want to find a reason not to vote for him no matter how petty, so that they wont have to admit the obvious. As a citizen of this great country, I am saddened by this reality, but it is time we address this....

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlow

I dont think its a case of race id say its a case of gender. Untill palin entered the picture i feel mccain was going to go down however she made people look at Mccain again. And woman are supporting the hockey mom and they are a big voting block. If obama had been smart and asked Hillary like she was expecting then this race would all ready be over AND OBAMA WOULD BE PICKING OUT FURNITURE FOR THE WHITE HOUSE. Now hell be lucky if he hasnt damaged his senate reelection

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is one big fact, even though it may seem sad for many, and it is this. Barak Hussein Obama will lose. There are many white people out there who are lying to pollsters who call them at home. They say they will vote for Obama but have no intentions to do so. That's just the way things are.

My thoughts on this are simple. For years and years, the democrat party has promised blacks the world on a platter only to let them down over and over. They were assurred at least 80% of the black vote by doing this to them. Now that a black man has risen to the top of the party the tables are reversed and the democrat whites are looking to the black man for handouts and promises. There will be fallout from this as the whites begin to feel like the enslaved underclass and this will cause them to change their minds, and Obama will lose.

I am only saying this because no one else is and we all know that race is a factor.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The funny thing is race is only brought up by Democrats and Obama himself. Republicans never talk about it. Race is only being brought up now because Obama has a very good chance of losing this thing. The Democrat Party doesn't lose on their own merits, they lose for certain reasons.

In 2000 they lost because Bush cheated and because of the Supreme Court.

In 2004 they lost because Bush cheated again, and because of the Swiftboaters.

In 2008 they will lose because America is racist.

NOTE: This is NOT Political Trolling...This is a critique of the Democrat Party...NOT of people who consider themselves Democrats.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
already a thread on this article. please learn and use the search function:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Race is a factor but its convenient for the rightwinger to pull out the "race card argument" knowing full well this is a factor. Atleast 20% of americans are voting in this election over race and this is why McCain and Obama are always roughly tied. The rightwingers wont admit it because it is a convenient factor for them.

Does Obama still have a chance? Ofcourse he does, but if he is to win, it will probably be by 2-4 percentage points. I think there are enough voter that have moved on from "race" in this election to give Obama a good enough chance, but anybody who denies that race is a factor is either in denial (just like they are with global warming and the current financial crises) or they simply choose not to admit it knowing it to be true. Race does place in McCains favour, no doubt about it, but it certainly wont necessarily get him the whitehouse. Only time will tell though.

On another note Im not afraid to admit that there are some Obama supporters that use race as an excuse every time however its a minority and this is often exaggerated by rightwingers when this obvious race issue comes up.

And by the way Fathom why are you refering us to another thread when you seem to repeat these smear threads around this forum? Is it because its left wing now?
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I suggest that inorder to avoid hypocrisy, you do the same next time you post a thread.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

it is a copycat thread. unbeknown to him, a thread that used the exact same article, exact same link is already in progress and this one is a day late.
I was just letting him know this as a courtesy.

if he had done a simple search he would have realized this.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
The funny thing is race is only brought up by Democrats and Obama himself. Republicans never talk about it. Race is only being brought up now because Obama has a very good chance of losing this thing. The Democrat Party doesn't lose on their own merits, they lose for certain reasons.

In 2000 they lost because Bush cheated and because of the Supreme Court.

In 2004 they lost because Bush cheated again, and because of the Swiftboaters.

In 2008 they will lose because America is racist.

NOTE: This is NOT Political Trolling...This is a critique of the Democrat Party...NOT of people who consider themselves Democrats.

Sure hope you have links to facts that back up your claims because otherwise it most certainly IS political trolling.

Where is the definitive proof that Bush cheated in either election? If it was definitive proof, the Supreme Court would have ruled in favor of Al Gore would they not?

And as for 2004, John Kerry lost because he didn't build a campaign on the issues. He built a campaign on what Bush was doing wrong but he had no brilliant plans, himself.

And as for your 2008 remark - I find that highly offensive and extremely ignorant on your part. Just because I don't agree with Obama on the issues doesn't make me a racist. Period.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This has become a breast and thighs race , really.

McCain knew the crowd he wanted to influence.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is only because the media is making it so. What difference does it make? I'm not saying that, if I even vote, that I'll vote for Obama, but if I didn't, it would not be because of his race but because of his political views.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

My thoughts on this are simple. For years and years, the democrat party has promised blacks the world on a platter only to let them down over and over.

It's also amazing to me that slavery was ended by a Republican,yet, 95% of all blacks subscribe to the Democratic party. It is perplexing but true.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Okay, so if we are complaining about whites that wont vote for Obama because he is black, what about people of any color that will vote for Obama for one reason he is black?

Aren't people who vote for Obama because he is black just a racist as the people who vote against him for the same reason?

Also, If Obama loses please tell us know what evidence you will use to persecute Americans as racist. That way we can look at the election without *SPECULATING* why people voted for or against him.

after all the article that was linked said that they were talking about what was going unsaid...Sounds awfully assumptive.

I mean What if I feel that anyone that sleeps more than 4 hours is lazy and selfish, does that make it " a reality that no one wants to talk about". Furthermore, I have not heard a person say "I will vote for Obama because he is black, which is what we all believe." All I have heard is "American's...besides me won't vote for Obama because most white people are secretly racist."

This is much like people thinking their Congressman is great but most of the other members of Congress are corrupt.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with how the Democrats and Obama have conducted themselves; 18 million people voted for Hillary; Obama and the Dem's told us HRC supporters to stay home; the huge amount of caucus fraud and the MSM's willingness to look away; the sexist comments against HRC and now Palin; the race card being pulled by Obama and the Dem's at times where they are trying to divert the publics attention; MSM bias...etc.

I was on the fence after HRC bowed out, I watched in disbelief at the Unity gathering when Obama looked at HRC and said to her, "how do you do it in heels?" And he wants our vote (as in Hillary supporters)?

Had Obama been respectful to HRC supporters, and the MSM not biased, Obama would be winning with a landslide.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
In his thread entitled A Call To Action: Ending The Political Game on ATS Skeptic Overlord made it clear that

New threads in the Campaign 2008 forum must be based on published candidate platform items, either officially, or from recent interviews.

This thread doesn't qualify on either front.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join