It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hear Ye! Hear ye! World toEnd Tomorrow* (September 22-23)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
reply to post by alienesque

Count yourself lucky we don't live in the era whereby they took it upon themselves to speed up the process

some ARE speeding up the process...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Is monday and I need to go pee. Does any body know when this bombing will happen.

Man I can't wait to see a pretty Mushroom.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Guys, i hate to go against the run of this thread but is there any likelyhood of this event occuring? given the track record of bible codes in general. Comments please.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
YEA! I CAN TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF UFOS PREPARING TO CONQUER OUR PLANET IN SPACE. THE MOST OF THEM ARE REPTILIANS AND GRAYS WAITING FOR A SIGNAL FROM G.W. BUSH!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm going to be laughing so much tomorrow when everything is still intact by the end of tomorrow

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Gee, i started this thread because I'm afraid the world could end..... and here are some of you, actually HOPING it will end.

Not me! I treasure life, with all its lumps and surprises.

I want to live and be old enough to be a burden to my kids!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I understand the Bible codes are debateable.....

From one point of view, they were intended to support the fact that there is intelligence out there able to weave such codes in a very ancient text millenia before events happen........It is good chrisitan teaching that only God (not even Jesus) knows when the end will come - you can't and shouldn't try to predict it with the codes. There are lots of codes in the bible and only after they come true do they prove themselves since God doesn't intend for us to predict the future - in fact He clearly advises to steer clear of such things. It's not so much whether it comes true or not, the beauty in it is that such names as Hitler and Stalin are undeniably crossed with relevant words from their lives and history and were planted thousands of years, in a very old language btw, before they were even here.....

I can't see Islamic terrorists blowing up Manhattan when Iran's president is here - so at least that rules them out.

* For those who don't belive in God or the bible just disregard this post please and don't flame me.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The very obvious problem with bible codes is that they, as far as i am aware, very rarely come to pass. and those that are claimed to have are vague and hardly conclusive. I remember michael drosnin finding the assassination of yitzhak rabin. Lucky guess? or just the only prediction to come true before the rest were/are prevented or coverd up to hide the fact they are real!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm just curious, is there a difinitive way to read these bible codes? If so what is the percentage of them that have actually come to pass vs those that haven't?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm afraid ive only read Michael Drosnins books. So i am far from 'qualified' . What i will say though is the work done by Dr Eliyahu Rips has sound and believeable mathematical reasoning and is based on the original hebrew bible. Many others SEEM to be just prophetic, based on plain script? Which makes it very hard for me to accept.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I'm standing on top of the Chrysler building with a parachute as we speak, the second that mushroom cloud goes off I'm pulling the cord and hopefully I'll make it to Sweden.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
reply to post by dgtempe

I'm standing on top of the Chrysler building with a parachute as we speak, the second that mushroom cloud goes off I'm pulling the cord and hopefully I'll make it to Sweden.

Bible codes shmible codes...i saw somewhere the same types of codes can be applied to any book, and you can attain the same sort of "predictions". Hense why most of these bible code predictions are always "decoded" after an event, or if they predict a future event, they rarely, if ever come true. Does anyone have any evidence that Bible Codes have actually prophesized real future events, BEFORE the event took place??

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think the only mushrooms i will see are the ones i have for breakfast tomorrow !!! Still if the world does end tomorrow at least i wont have to worry about paying my mortgage/credit card bills.
In truth i really dotn care if i die tomorrow. I don't think i want to live in a world full of fear, pain, death and destruction. I hope that the next life will be alot better than the world we are living in now

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

A man parachuting across the Atlantic? lol, sorry lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

and yet just as believable as the bible codes

anyone dead yet? just watching the news and no end of the world reported ...... guess it must be the time differance of birng GMT:0

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
How could the Bible code be correct if God doesn't exist?

Something smells fishy, and it ain't that fishstick in my mouth either.
Oh I know what it is. It's the same feeling I get when I've read all the other predictions that have not come to pass. It's the feeling that there are people out there whose lives are so dull, that they have to invent fairy tales to make their lives as interesting as the b rated movies they watch. If there is an end, no one will spell it out. If there is a doomsday, it will lack drama. If we do die, it will not be because we have offended some invisible deity.
If we do die, it will be due to stepping on the land mine that we ourselves created while conventiently ignoring it.

I learn more and more about human psychology be studying the wakos that create such end time predictions.

1) Humans like drama. We think that the end of the world will be dramatic, as seen in the movies.
2) Humans like to think they are the only ones with the answers. ONE person does not contain the answers. Many people contain many pieces to the puzzle which forms the answers.
3) Humans like to feel superior by passing off information that makes themselves look like prophets. As if they are high and mighty when they are only giving 2nd rate information with no bases while stroking their own ego.

Some may say that you deny ignorance by looking at all the information whether good or bad. However, I say you deny ignorance by denying information that is 2nd rate and has no bases. It's their ignorance I'm denying.
If there is an end, no one will spell it out for us.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

Michael Drosnin CLAIMS to have discovered the assassination attempt beforehand and tried to warn of it. Thats only what i read. Like i said most never come to pass. By the way nothing happened here in UK yet!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I want to live and be old enough to be a burden to my kids!!!!!

I am already a burden to my kids

Now I want to be a burden to my grandkids!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
well..Guess this one was wrong...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join