It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my fish have been eaten by a shark!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You've all heard it, from your mother/grandmother/aunt friend, shopkeeper, barman....

'There's plenty more fish in the sea'.

Well how come all the fish I meet are complete tw*ts, gay, taken or aren't interested?? Where are the ones that are supposed to like me? Anyone else out there fed up of the 'great' world of singledom?
I mean, I know being single is now socially classed as ok, which is v. good, but I've had a break, I'm ready to be in a relationship again; but god dammit there's no one to have a relationship with!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Its called life!!

lol i know what you mean....when your not ready there all over you and when you are there nowhere to be found..

But the way i look at it is... just sit back and enjoy yourself..

The more you search the less likley you will find what your looking for...

After all... love comes natrualy...you cant just make it happen....

So it will come! Go out loads smile alot and be happy
and you will attract the right kinda person.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by asala]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
great advise Asala,

I too used to find myself wondering, where is she, when will I find her, and the more I thought about it, the more depressed I became, then after a while, I'd quit thinking about finding her and start doing other things and putting my energy into something else and WHAM, there she is, someone new in my life, new things to learn and share, things to do etc...

just be patient, it will happen, and good luck !

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I could find a million sayings for that...
I'm going with 'you wait for a bus when it rains and none come, it turns sunny and they all come at once' :bnghd: lol, I guess your right; but I still find it's crappy.

I have one friend who has a 'sex buddy' no strings attached, just call and your buddy's on hand or vice versa; I could never do that though!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
are you 21 lady cool? if so, don't worry, you have lots of time to find that fish....sometimes our fish dont swim our way when we think we are ready....they come later when least expect it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I love your Avatar WorldWatcher, no I'm not.
I think I'm just in a bad mood, for the first time in my life I questioned my intelligence (Yes, I know I sound like an incredably vain, awful person) but I've always believed in myself, and it's never entered my mind that I might not succeed in all that I want to.

Ok, I've just switched to an altogether different subject that has nothing to do with relationships...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
asala, great advice! (as elevatedone already said
)

i totally agree. just let life roll. what comes will come, what happens will happen. everything gets better in the end, as long as you don't just give up. don't give up on love or happiness. not ever.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
When I was in a long term relationship. My girl friend had to fend the girls of with a stick. =P But when I was out of my relationship with her. I found it more challenging to find a date while I wasn't dating anyone. I guess girls want what they can't have. You women are sick! hehe

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I know what you mean !
Why is it that everyone I like is gay !!!!
Maybe thats because I cant find a sensitive guy who isn't gay.

And I got chatted up by a lesbian a few weeks ago which really threw me. I was like "excuse me, but I'm straight". But she still carried on.

I think I need to join a convent - or drink more often

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's funny that you say that Gothique because when you ask a girl what they want in a guy. They usually will say something along these lines. I want a sweet, sensitive guy that listens to me, blah blah blah. But who do they end up with the big ass prick that you want to beat the crap out of.

I mean I'm just a nice sensitive guy but I seem to always get my heart stepped on while I�m being my self. I think with some people they are sensitive as you put it but they've put a mask on pretending to be someone there not.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
It's funny that you say that Gothique because when you ask a girl what they want in a guy. They usually will say something along these lines. I want a sweet, sensitive guy that listens to me, blah blah blah. But who do they end up with the big ass prick that you want to beat the crap out of.

SO TRUE. I've heard many girls say the same, yet they end up with total jerk-offs, and I know that I'd treat them SO MUCH BETTER thank those d**ks would.

Originally posted by oconnection
I mean I'm just a nice sensitive guy but I seem to always get my heart stepped on while I�m being my self. I think with some people they are sensitive as you put it but they've put a mask on pretending to be someone there not.

AGAIN, SO TRUE. This describes me TOTALLY. I'm just myself all the time, and while girls say they want "my type of guy" they go and do the TOTAL opposite.

WASSUP WIT DAT?!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's seems that were a dieing breed prophetmikeed. :shk:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I agree 100% wit prophetmike...i was nice to her and as sensitive as a guy CAN be...and she left me...and now has moved onto the captain of the Basketball team...and hes a dickhead....us nice guys can NEVER win...maybe we should turn into the dickheads?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'll always be my self. Don't give into there dickheadedness.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I suspect woman want a contradiction in terms. A man whose nice and senstitive, yet strong, tough and mysterious.

Hell, then again, I'd want a woman like that myself
But yeah, people don't really know what they want until they find it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
jerk attitude 4 teh win

oh but i'm so sweet.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
really shouldn't admit this... but....

My Girlfriend tells me all the time that I'm gay and just don't know it.

Now wait a minute...

I'm sensitive, caring, understanding, all of those things that most women want.

I can be demanding, hardheaded, and mean sometimes, but not very often.

She's joking when she says that, and I don't think anything of it.

I tell her all the time, that I know how to make a million... I just need to write my book on "how to treat a woman" she agrees, I'd make a million !

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
LadyCool i am always available?LOL

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey this thread could also be a Rant dont you think but anyway back to topic.

LadyCool dont be upset there are millions of "fish" to be caught u just gotta go to the right places.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I agree 100% wit prophetmike...i was nice to her and as sensitive as a guy CAN be...and she left me...and now has moved onto the captain of the Basketball team...and hes a dickhead....us nice guys can NEVER win...maybe we should turn into the dickheads?

Nope. We (or at least ME) will not succumb to the d**k-headedness of the OTHER type of guy. While the saying "Nice guys finish last" may be true in many cases, we cannot let it bog down our spirits.

Originally posted by oconnection:
I'll always be my self. Don't give into there dickheadedness.

AMEN TO THAT, my brother! I will never give in to being that type of guy. I'm always gonna be myself, and NO ONE ELSE.

**I hope girls are listening (or watching) in on this thread...**

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join