It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you addicted to ATS ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think I am. It's only my 3rd day and it feels like I've been here forever

I've spent years in other chat rooms or 3D virtual worlds. But here I feel so much more connected than what I've experienced so far.

I don't see myself in the near fututre doing anything else than hang around here making ATS the center of my universe.

Is this a start to addiction ? What do older memebers think about how ATS influenced or changed their lives ?

Would be nice to hear some hardcore experiences.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Iam most definitely ADDICTED.
Been here everyday since March 2007.

My friends are here, my extended family is here.
This place changed my life for the better. I got the support of friends to turn my life around.
I'm here till the net crashes for good. Period.
After you have been here awhile, you realize ATS is FAR MORE than just a conspiracy website.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am definitely not addicted to ATS. My Log out button is just broke.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i have been told i am addicted and i have been asked to stay out of htreads that make me..uh...go off...
until the elections are over anyway.
boring...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hi, I am the Dude and have been here since the 19th of August 2008. I have just received my 30 day button. I have, since being here every day:

Not watched TV.

See conspiracies in everything (why is the workforce fueled on coffee?)

And have caused concern in my family that I have lost my marbles as I proclaim that we are nearing a time of inevitable and irreversible change.

Not good. But I am an addict so I can't help it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There is a good possiblility that I am. I spend way too much time here and shirk my duties which causes me to have to power work until the first comes along with the huge bills it brings.

Thank Bill if your late on your bills. And when are the new Gilliland Ranch videos coming astute genius of the marketing gods?

You have built up our anticipation to a fever pitch, but don't be so cruel in your effort to attain the highest count ever on ATS over a weeks period by holding out, thereby making all of us check back several times each day in search for the truth.... It makes it look like were really addicted.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I used to be addicted to ATS but my weblog site distracted me for awhile. Now, it seems that I'm back here and posting whatever comes across my small mind. :shk:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am absolutely addicted. I am here all day long thruout the day and night. The only reason im ever logged out is because im on dial-up right now and loose connection often.
But when having DSL, ive often left ATS open (accident?) when not even home.

I have met friends here and im in a relationship with someone here who is also very active
.....so, when we are both off of ATS we even talk about things here

I come here first to read what is going on in the world, before I hit my news sites and shows
I have actually grown in many ways since being here. I have learned SO MUCH too.

I talk to others about things I read here....

Seems ATS has infiltrated my entire life in one way or another

I have days where I have to actually walk away (log off) due to some heated topics.....but I always come back. The withdraw side affects are horrible. The shakes, the drooling, the muscle spasms.....really, its horrible

[edit on 9/21/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for all those quick responses.

Yes, I do feel this is a great, most of the time friendly and sophisticated community that will enhance my life in the future. Appart from just keeping up with current news, you actually get to respond and argue almost imediately. And meeting somebody on the same wavelenght isn;t fr off either.

Hope to see some more replies, thou I am pretty satisfied with what I read so far. I wonder if there will be somebody responding in a negative way about ATS.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I can walk away any time I want too. No I can't. Yes I can. No I can't. Yes I can. Uh, no, I can't. I'm totally addicted. I log on as soon as I get up. I still get everything done that I need to. Hubby says I need a job....

Rush

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Hubby says I need a job.... .

Rush..that's when you do this...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Rush..that's when you do this...

Good one! That AND remind him that he would have to do 50% of the housework and laundry. Pity, a grown man at a loss for words. lmao

Rush

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Totally addicted

since around 05 maybe? I seem to remember when part of ATS was pay? I discovered it because of the awesome news links from papers all over the world and it was part of my daily ritual of getting up, checking the news links..

I lurked for years reading posts and slowly having my eyes opened to what really happens in the world..a lot of it confirming beliefs I was starting to develop on just how messed up things are. I didn't really start to post until I made this screen name tho..so I still consider myself a noob

ATS is largely to credit for my desire to get more involved with politics and voting..NOT mtv :p lol, so thanks for that ATS.

Now I can't get enough it seems..this is the first place I look when anything happens, or most of the time I see it on here first...at work something breaks on CNN and I'll go...ohh yeah, and I'll explain it to everyone else..I love it when that happens lol

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hello, my name is Dizzie and I'm addicted to ATS. I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.

I have no desire to end this addiction. I've always felt I didn't fit in to normal society. Since August 2007 I have felt at home among people very much like me here at ATS.

Without a doubt if the PTB turned the world over to us we could and would make it a most delightful and productive place to be.

ATS forever.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Relative newbie here as well although I like to think that I've already made an impact on others. If nothing else sorta "yeah you should see what that goofball Deson posted today!!" (chuckle). Any time I'm on the net I first check the e-mails then go here and I'll spend a lot of time looking through stuff, reading and generally thinking. Ah there's my downfall. I think too much. (chuckle) Addicted? Yes and proud of it!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
YES.

Most definitely. I am on here far toooo much. But like AD said, i have extended family here as well.

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Signs of addiction:

obsession - thinking about the substance all the time
compulsion - using the substance is not a choice, it is a necessity
tolerance - the same amount is no longer enough

According to those signs, I'm addicted. :w:

It's the first site I come to when I turn on the computer, and it's the one tab on my browser that's always open. I have begun discussing it with others in my life and becoming defensive about my time spent here ("yeah, it's a conspiracy site, but it's not all crazies ... ")

I can no longer turn the computer off without checking back in "one more time".

And this is my newest sign: every couple days, I find myself adding a new forum to my "favorites" in myATS. Definite sign of tolerance

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hey new freind..somewhat addicted i must admit, but with so many amazing people..how can one help it??
I have an ATS wife..a few hubbies..forget who they are however as i was doing the drunk chic in Vegas trick..i have given birth to many a screaming child here..i have even caught and spread a few STDs..

What a life!!..best of all though..i get to sleep in DATS bar..where everybody knows your name..(think cheers).. and when happy hour is over, the bar is all mine, unless i have freinds over for a sleep over party..(if no one is up to playing...at least i can go read about aliens and OBEs)

Chat is where i let my brain have diarrhoea..hard to be spot on..but it goes how it goes.. welcome to my world..enjoy the ride, and may you also find your hours dribbling away in the obsurity.. of the ever runny...umm n/m

ps..Zaim..do i get my free T shirt yet..?? notice the plug?? haha..sorry mods..pleeeeezzzzeeeee dont ban me..im a good gal really..

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Im addicted to....i think its the people here that keep me coming back. I have made many friends and enemies (I evn have stalkers) and I cant see me leaving anytime soon....unless its for a break

But yes ATS is addictive and helps keep me entertained on those long lonely night shifts.

Oh and just wait til you get to chat OP

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
aghh..i thought i was leaving this thread, but had to return cause OZ did..i follow him everywhere....where we going next OZ???? huh huh huh??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join