It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Yellow) Lights, Camera, Action!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I hope this story doesn't sound like any of the others in the competition already. This is really a good competition with many great ideas already out there.

Ali paced the small room nervously. It was almost showtime and it was going to be his time to shine. He had spent the past two years living in seclusion in the small mountain village. He had convinced the town, he would soon convince the world. He looked at himself in the mirror. The man looking back at him was so different from the man he once was. He fingered his long beard and pulled his shawl tighter around his shoulder. The 121st unit would be arriving soon. Looking around once more at the room he had called home, Ali picked up the pictures of the woman who had once been his wife and threw it into the fire. She had died six years ago but today felt like her funeral. He had just burnt the last reminder of his life. The life he had known and hated. A tear was rolling down his face. Wiping his eyes, Ali promised himself not show anymore weakness. It was time for the end of Jihad to begin.

Three light knocks at the door, broke Ali from his reverie, Fiza peered in. Ali signaled her to come in. Closing the door behind her, Fiza rushed into his arms and cried. He knew she loved him, but he had warned her and it was too late to do anything now. The plan was already in motion. Holding her at arms length, Ali looked down at Fiza and asked, "How do I look?" "You look just like him" replied Fiza softly. She had been assigned to take care of the man who face was wrapped in bandages when they first brought him to the village. Fiza knew Ali wasn't the man he looked like, but it was not her place to ask any questions. She had already witnessed her entire family dying, she didn't want to die. She had spent the past few days, dying his beard and hair. He looked so much older now. The Americans would be pleased with her work. But after two years, Fiza couldn't bear the thought of him leaving now, never to return to her. Holding him close now, was the only comfort she had.

Trucks were heard rumbling in, Fiza broke Ali's grip and gaze and ran to the window. "They're here" she said. Ali grabbed her and kissed her. "I love you and I thank you, now leave the village and don't come back until they are all gone" Fiza wanted to tell him she loved him too, to ask him why, but he pushed softly towards the door. Looking back one last time Fiza walked out of the hut. Someone grabbed her arm and pulled her aside. Five soldiers walked into the hut where Ali was waiting.

"Are you ready sir?" asked Captain Fuller.
"Ready as I will ever be" replied Ali
"Remember to avoid eye contact with all cameras, do not answer any questions and do not speak until I signal it's clear for you to do so" Captain Fuller said.
"Yes I know, the plan is the same as we discussed? no changes?" Ali questioned.
"Exactly as we discussed. You want anything before we go? Fuller asked.
"A cigarette, would be nice" Ali said.

Smoking the cigarette slowly and leisurely, Ali looked around and contemplated what he was about to do. He had undergone surgery to look like him. He had fooled many including some relatives of the man. Even UBL himself had commented that they looked like twins, while Ali had studied his characteristics and behavior. They had arranged several meetings to allow Ali to study him, now today he would be caught and UBL would free. They had told him, they would stage a massive fight in another village and then capture him. He would be roughed up a bit. He knew that. He was prepared. Pain didn't matter. Ali knew he wouldn't feel a thing. He would be sent to a jail somewhere, maybe spend a few months there, then of course there would a trial but no matter how long the process, Ali knew he would be executed. He was prepared. Ready to die for Usama and for his country the United States. Flicking the cigarette away, Ali climbed into the back of Humvee. As they rolled up into the mountains, Ali heard screams and shots coming from the village behind him. He heard Fiza scream, he knew she didn't leave as he had told her to. They all had to die, and Ali knew it. This was cost of war.

[Edited on 3-22-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thats good writing, Worldwatcher. All along I was thinking that Ali was Saddam's double and it was the story of what happened when he was 'found'. When it turned out to be OBL, that was even better.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
WW, very nice. Is this a short story or is it a prophesy ?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Great job! Cool story. I enjoyed it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
thanks for the comments (really appreciate them)

and intrepid, its a short story that could be a prophecy except I am not prophesizing it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Very nice story indeed. Reminded me a little of Clancy's work.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Indeed, of clancy's work and the goodness within. Great work, Worldwatcher...even though you're going to put me out of a job....

DE

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
bump...cause i felt like it

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
bump...cause i felt like it

dirty tactics eh? Ok then, the gloves are off.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I was reminded of this story I wrote due to a post by dgtempe in the October Surprise promised by Rove thread. Let's hope the surprise isn't as translucent as my story.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As I perused today's headlines regarding the latest Bin Laden tape, and the following discussions regarding if it really him or not, I was reminded of this story I written a years back and thought it would appropriate at this time.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Deep sense of loss and sacrifice. Story moves along at a good pace, i like it.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
thank you sawyer

it's one of my favorite stories.

new topics

top topics

join