It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paulson gives the finger to the tax payers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The fat rats only cares about their dirty nasty butts screw the tax payer.

I wish it was true some nine days ago:

Briefing reporters at the White House, Paulson said he "never once" considered it would be appropriate to put taxpayer money at risk to resolve the problems at Lehman Brothers. The nation's fourth largest investment bank filed for bankruptcy protection earlier yesterday.

I guess Paulson changed his mind when he foud out that he got no ovation around here for dumping one of the big dirty nasty butt, so the tax payer could sleep better.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I finally got my first response and here it is

Dear Mr. Miller:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the financial crisis facing our country. I appreciate you contacting me regarding this important issue.

I have heard from thousands of Floridians in recent days who are worried about this financial crisis and are concerned about the actions that Congress and the Administration may take in addressing it. I believe that our country is facing a very serious situation, and I share many Floridians’ concerns about the economic consequences to our country if we fail to act appropriately. We need to enact legislation that enables our economy to continue functioning while imposing new regulations and safeguards to ensure that this situation never occurs again.

The exact form that this legislation will take is not yet decided, but I assure you that I am working hard to ensure that your tax dollars will not be wasted on any plan that rewards irresponsible or illegal activities by investment bankers on Wall Street. There must be accountability in any plan approved, and those who have given rise to this crisis need to be investigated and prosecuted to the full extent of the law for any wrong-doing that occurred.

I am enclosing a copy of remarks I made on the floor of the Senate regarding the current crisis and its origins in the housing market. I believe that this problem is far too complex and serious to be handled in the same ultra-partisan fashion that has unfortunately characterized much of the 110th Congress. I assure you that I am committed to working with all of my colleagues to address this crisis and enact meaningful reforms to protect homeowners and ensure the long-term economic prosperity of our country.

Again, thank you for contacting me regarding this important issue. If I may be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
United States Senator

One down and 5 more responses Im waiting for. BTW Im sure this is a canned response.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

That's more than I've gotten. I have yet to hear a peep from my reps.
Of course with McCaskill and Bond being my reps I won't hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

To tell you the truth that is a very nice letter, I only get generic type of E-mails when I send my E-mail, but once the issue is voted I get a letter in the mail from my representatives explaining their position on why the voted yes or not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join