It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paulson gives the finger to the tax payers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
While Paulson and his crony Barnanke and the fed supporters the bankers are getting the biggest bailout in the history of this nation at the expenses of the tax payer.

Paulson refuse the Democrats effort to add some of the bail out to help Americans in the nation that also fell under the spell of the housing bubble crash.

What a joke and a slap to the American tax payer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's have the slaves pay for the mistakes of the financial institutions and the merry go around that they created with the debt.

We in America for this people in higher places are nothing than the pesky minority that has to be put in their place.

Paulson resists changes in what 1 lawmaker describes as 'mother of all bailouts.

Democrats said that the administration's spare three-page plan must be expanded to include help for people on Main Street as well as the big Wall Street financial firms who have lost billions of dollars through their bad investment decisions.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson stressed that time was critical to get the proposal passed and that changes to the administration's measure, which was sent to lawmakers on Saturday, could delay that approval, further unsettling global financial markets, which have already seen a number of stomach-churning days as the result of the biggest upheaval on Wall Street

biz.yahoo.com...

The fat rats only cares about their dirty nasty butts screw the tax payer.

Who said that this is all for the good of the tax payer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Very true. I can't say what I think about people like this so lets just say I really hope there is such thing as karma and hell.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't blame you, the more I get to understand the hidden agenda behind this so call "historical bailout" the more angry and upset I become.

This is not good for the blood pressure.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I just sent an email to every senator and congressman in this immediate area. Ive had enough and the email goes like this

Dear Congressman,

I just want it to be known that any passage of this $700 billion dollar bailout into law without help to the homeowners, without deleting the fact that foreigners have help, deleting the $700 billion "at any given time" not a one time fee (nice sneak in government), and the part about this cannot be reviewed or changed at any time I will withhold all of my taxes from the government. I refuse to pay another dime to bailout a failed system. You people are ruining out country by pushing us into a debt that can never be paid off. This is disgusting and out founding fathers would be digusted how the banks have taken over our country. I have started a group who together last year we all paid close to one million in taxes and WE WILL NOT PAY ANOTHER DIME UNTIL SOME ACCOUNTABILITY BECOMES IN PLAY!!!!
I hope I have made myself clear. I know I will not get a response but I hope you do read because people are getting ticked and this is EVERYONE I talk to.

-------------------------------------

Ive had enough. We the people have to start taking a stand and I WILL START WITHOLDING MY TAX DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You know what that will be the last drop on the glass if every American will start with holding the taxes from the government, after all the biggest bail out in the history of our nation is been backed by the tax payer.

I say lets stop paying taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagine that it will not be other sucker as willing as the American hard working tax payer right now.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Good email. Will you follow through with not paying Taxes? I think it is a brave move and I hope you will keep us up to date.

I also think it is absolutely right. Accountability is key here. I also fear we won't get it. People on ATS have said it before, and I was skeptical, but I think the Election will be 'postponed'. Just my personal view.

Hope I am very wrong though.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

Good email. Will you follow through with not paying Taxes? I think it is a brave move and I hope you will keep us up to date.

I also think it is absolutely right. Accountability is key here. I also fear we won't get it. People on ATS have said it before, and I was skeptical, but I think the Election will be 'postponed'. Just my personal view.

Hope I am very wrong though.

Yes I will follow through. Youll see me on TV thats how serious I am. Let me tell you something if ALL Americans opposed to this withheld taxes you will see a change REAL fast. Power of the purse which is generally congresses job to use but its obvious congress anymore is worthless. I hope more people join me.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I think most people are ignorant of their rights and will be too scared to. I realize that power comes from numbers.

I am also realistic enough to know that most people are scared of change and will do their best to hold on to what they know until it is pried out of their cold dead hands. Not paying taxes is effective when done by all, but the thought that one may be treated as a criminal, when going down that road, will be a deterrent to most. Also, there is a lack of inspiring Leadership: Someone who quells the fear of the consequences of Action whilst pointing to a cause is a key ingredient in actions like this.

When people have nothing to lose (and we have not reached that point, yet) you will see a surge of citizen disobedience and maybe even insurrection. Until that time they will be inert and waiting for a Leader to follow.

That is why I am saying you are brave.

I look forward to your reports.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

I think most people are ignorant of their rights and will be too scared to. I realize that power comes from numbers.

I am also realistic enough to know that most people are scared of change and will do their best to hold on to what they know until it is pried out of their cold dead hands. Not paying taxes is effective when done by all, but the thought that one may be treated as a criminal, when going down that road, will be a deterrent to most. Also, there is a lack of inspiring Leadership: Someone who quells the fear of the consequences of Action whilst pointing to a cause is a key ingredient in actions like this.

When people have nothing to lose (and we have not reached that point, yet) you will see a surge of citizen disobedience and maybe even insurrection. Until that time they will be inert and waiting for a Leader to follow.

That is why I am saying you are brave.

I look forward to your reports.

I will report back when I hear something from one of the many people I emailed. What you say above it why our country has been lost. People are a bunch of sheeple. You have a few people here and their who are real patriots but like you said. Many people feel like they are entitled and just dont care what the government does. Im not one of those people.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

You are correct, we are not that point yet, only close. The American people are ripe for a "Savior" that will promise all to gain power, only to use it against the people later.

It will be massive insurrection, with attempts to control it through martial law.....

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not only should Americans quit paying taxes, everyone should immediately stop paying on any non-secured (ie credit card) debt. It's not like a FICO score is gonna mean that much when there is no one lending money anyway. Or if you can't bring yourself to do that, stop using plastic help out those small businesses you do business with by not using it and forcing them to pay visa/mastercard the onerous percentage of their earnings that visa/mc require.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Believe me, there are few things I wouldn't rather be buzzkill about than taxes and anti-government sentiment. However, I feel obliged by my conscience to inform you all that even so much as stating anything to the effect of "I will not pay my taxes" can be considered a tax crime and land the IRS on your a**. It is a federal crime not to pay taxes and to in any way promote non-payment. Bob Schulz of WeThePeople Foundation and many other tax protesters have been accused of this crime for their beliefs regarding 16th Amendment unconstitutionality and the illegitimacy of the IRS. Whether you believe federal income taxes are legal or not, however, is beside the point. The IRS is not afraid to stomp on you.

All I wanted to convey is the seriousness (and it is ludicrous that it can be taken so seriously) of stating an intent not to pay your taxes. I've seen more people here and at another forum with the same sentiment, and I personally think it's great. If we get enough non-payers it's game over for the terrorist IRS goons.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundi
Believe me, there are few things I wouldn't rather be buzzkill about than taxes and anti-government sentiment. However, I feel obliged by my conscience to inform you all that even so much as stating anything to the effect of "I will not pay my taxes" can be considered a tax crime and land the IRS on your a**. It is a federal crime not to pay taxes and to in any way promote non-payment. Bob Schulz of WeThePeople Foundation and many other tax protesters have been accused of this crime for their beliefs regarding 16th Amendment unconstitutionality and the illegitimacy of the IRS. Whether you believe federal income taxes are legal or not, however, is beside the point. The IRS is not afraid to stomp on you.

All I wanted to convey is the seriousness (and it is ludicrous that it can be taken so seriously) of stating an intent not to pay your taxes. I've seen more people here and at another forum with the same sentiment, and I personally think it's great. If we get enough non-payers it's game over for the terrorist IRS goons.

I already emailed that to all my congressmen and my senator so dont worry. Let me tell you if people have the balls and everyone withheld taxes what would they do arrest everyone? People have to take a stand.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundi
... a tax crime and land the IRS on your a**...

No doubt renewed attention will be place upon enforcement. How else will we pay the $700 Billion?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I wonder if technically, somewhere, there will be a person who will have his mortgage bought by this Fed program paid for by his money. His mortgage would then be resold to another entity, the homeowner will be unable to pay his mortgage due to his increasing tax burden. Therefore the entity forecloses on his house.

What a kick in the seat that would be.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Listen i'm all for with holding my tax money. But honestly If we don't pay our taxes the fed will just print the money to pay for this then we are royally screwed! $50 for a loaf of bread.

Yes it maybe a federal crime to not pay your taxes. It is not a crime to talk about not paying your taxes so you can relax a bit EtSolveMundi

If worse comes to worse write the IRS a check and in the memo of the check write "paid under protest" and they cannot cash the check until your protest has been settled. there are ways around the law

[edit on 9/21/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
CREDO Action is doing an on-line petition about the "bail-out". They have an article by Robert Reich and they are asking for help to actual people, out of the 700 billion they are throwing down a rat hole.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Just go back to the old days of using gold, silver and barter. Just because the Fed makes the dollar worthless, does not mean you are forced to use their worthless currency. You have options.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Is very unfair and unacceptable by every single tax payer in this nation to allow this private entity call The federal reserve to take hold to a public agency like the US treasury to use and misuse the tax payers money to bail out financial institutions in our nation and abroad for their mistakes, greed and plain stupidity without giving something back to the people of this nation.

This is unacceptable, we all as tax payer need to stop this madness.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
He's giving the finger, but taking an arm and a leg.

Definitely sounds like an imbalanced trade to me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join