It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CB radio skip..and the sun/nasa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
www.prnewswire.com.../www/story/09-18-2008/0004888339&EDATE=THU+Sep+18+2008,+04:01+PM

mission that reveals the sun's solar wind is at a 50-year low

www.nineplanets.org...

solar wind which propagates throughout the solar system at about 450 km/sec. The solar wind and the much higher energy particles ejected by solar flares can have dramatic effects on the Earth ranging from power line surges to radio interference to the beautiful aurora borealis.

en.wikipedia.org...

The changing radio wave propagation for long-distance communications, due to the 11 year sunspot cycle, is always a factor for these frequencies. In addition, CB in some respects became a victim of its own intense popularity. Because of the millions of users jamming onto frequencies during the mid-to-late 1970s and early 1980s,

basically on the 11th year cycle cb radio's can't talk skip.

www.crh.noaa.gov...

Sunspots increase and decrease through an average cycle of 11 years. Dating back to 1749, we have experienced 22 full solar cycles where the number of sunspots have gone from a minimum, to a maximum and back to the next minimum, through approximate 11 year cycles. We are now well into the 23rd cycle, with the 24th cycle right around the corner. The number of sunspots in this cycle reached a peak in May, 2000 where the number of sunspots were measured at near 170. A secondary sunspot maximum occurred near the beginning of 2002 where the sunspot number was about 150. The next sunspot minimum is forecast to occur in late 2006 through mid 2007. A chart of cycle 23 is available at the NOAA Space Environment Center.

so they are going to tell us solar winds are about to go bad.

turn your cb radio on try to talk skip.

i have a tram d201 a jb 150 modulator kicking a 1500 watt liener
with duel quad beam antenna's.

skip is mad crazy than years before.
millions of cb users..talking at once..
yet no one can barely talk skip .
so basically the cycle has been changed...from its 11 year cycle.
and will have to affect earth very soon.

imagine a million vioce's...like bumblebee's bzbbzbzbbzbzbbbbbbbzz
and zoooooooom zoooooooom sound

sorry but i am trying to explain using a cb radio...to show something is messed up..
sunspot/solar wind has to be involved to mess up cb radio skip waves from... the set your clock time on it....11 year cycle..to out of cycle.

you can get lucky on skip atm if you talk right before a big storm come's in.
it ride's and skip is possible for maybe 3 to 5 minute's.

hope some one understands this post lol

[edit on 21-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.dailygalaxy.com...

Dark spots, some as large as 50,000 miles in diameter, typically move across the surface of the sun, contracting and expanding as they go. These strange and powerful phenomena are known as sunspots, but now they are all gone. Not even solar physicists know why it’s happening and what this odd solar silence might be indicating for our future.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Being a hillbilly, I know exactly what your talking about lol.
I have not got the chance to clear all the brush out of the super penetrator and starduster yet this year since lightning made my antron99 explode but yea, that is kinda odd that its out of sync

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Dark spots, some as large as 50,000 miles in diameter, typically move across the surface of the sun, contracting and expanding as they go. These strange and powerful phenomena are known as sunspots, but now they are all gone. Not even solar physicists know why it’s happening and what this odd solar silence might be indicating for our future.

A lot of scientists are now in the belief that the earths temperature will drop slightly because of the lack of sunspots. This happened in the early 1900's and caused a mini ice age. It is being predicted that the earths temp could drop an average of 2 degrees Celsius.
If so.. we'd better start banging out the Co2 and monoxide emissions like crazy to make up for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have no idea about CB radios (In the UK I thought they were just a 1980s fad), could you please explain what 'skip' is?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

...turn your cb radio on try to talk skip. ...
you can get lucky on skip atm if you talk right before a big storm come's in.
it ride's and skip is possible for maybe 3 to 5 minute's. ...

I am unsure what you mean about "skip" and "talk skip". Can you perhaps rephrase this, as surely I cannot be the only one who doesn't get what you mean.

Perhaps something like "Skip is when I do X, and Y happens", "Skip is when I have to do X in order to get Y to happen", or "Skip is when X happens, and I have to do Y to counteract X".

I'm just unclear on the whole thing. Your post is clear, but is not understandable without understanding what "skip" actually is.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
watch that its a cb radio with skip transmission's coming in.

infoex.hemscott.net...

Most FM transmissions only travel a little over 25 miles which is a straight line between the transmitter and the receiver before the earths curvature means the ground blocks the signal. Some of the RF however goes upwards and bounces back off the ionosphere and comes down many miles away. This as I say is called skip in radio ham terms and is how in some cases you can talk to an American trucker on a low power CB radio in London if the conditions are right

now do you understand the term skip talking?

basically what ive noticed over the last few years..is a increasing in the skip hearing the other person.
but recently around 6 month's or so i dont know one local cd radio user to get over a 30 sec hello.
to confirm they hear them in another state or country.

that means sunspots are not carrying the radio wave as with previous years before.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

You should get away from being the everyday normal LID, and get your amateur radio license......then you can really talk skip.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
this is very very strange as i am currently researching radiowave mind control in regards to project bluebeam.

the voice of god,so to speak will use radiowaves and utilize the already existing radio network beamed directly into your head.

and now we hear that the sun,the main interferer of radio signals is basicly a tamed animal causing perfect radiowave transmission conditions.

ive talked of an anomylous ultrasound pulse that seems to be controling the output of the sun.it happens in regular 10 second intervals and is just beyond the threshold of our scientific intstuments detection capabilities.

there are many reports of people hearing mettalic voices in thier head,blatantly of a synthetic electromagnetic nature.many people on ats are also reporting this,hmmmmmm.

im also researching rogue radiowave transmitters in places they dont need to be and shouldnt be,such as near schools and hospitals.
if anyone wants to join me in the search be my guest,im using google earth.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ok dig this folks,i believe ive just come up with a method of how to control the output of the sun.

given that there is an anomylous ultra sound pusle permeating the sun

stronomers have identified ultrasoundlike waves in our sun’s atmosphere that could explain some strange aspects of solar weather. An analysis of data from NASA’s TRACE spacecraft published in the current issue of Astrophysical Journal Letters suggests that the waves could be responsible for the star’s unexplained extra heat.The surface of the sun reaches a blistering 6,000 degrees Celsius. The chromosphere, or middle solar atmosphere, is even more scorching at 100,000 degrees Celsius, whereas the solar corona is the hottest part of all, with temperatures nearing a million degrees Celsius. Just what causes these wide discrepancies in temperature has intrigued researchers for decades. Craig DeForest of the Southwest Research Institute and his colleagues analyzed data from the TRACE ultraviolet telescope and found evidence of waves with a frequency of 100 millihertz, which corresponds to a sound 300 times deeper than the lowest noise audible to the human ear. “These ripples seem to be carrying about one kilowatt of power per square meter on the surface of the sun,” says DeForest. “That is similar to the sonic energy you might find coming out of the speakers at a rock concert. “The researchers did not get a very detailed look at the waves, because they are close to TRACE’s detection limit. They expect that future instruments will allow them to investigate the waves more fully. “By examining these waves more closely, we should be able to discern the source of energy release in the solar atmosphere, just like you can tell by listening whether the car is running in a dark garage,” says DeForest. “In both cases, something is releasing energy into the environment, and that release has a recognizable sonic signature.” — Sarah Graham

and that scientist are unable to explain the current conditions of the sun, its current climate may be artificial.

by using ultra sound waves it is possible to induce oscilations in the calcium in the sun.since calcium is the most abundant element within the sun this would be the target element in which you would choose to manipulate.

the creation of ultrasound waves is possible by the use of laser pulses targeted at a plasma,the sun is a plasma ;-)(lasers can be invisible folks)

The use of pulsed lasers to generate ultrasound in the non-contact regime is a well documented technique. A variety of lasers have been used to generate ultrasound in a range of materials, but all so far have allowed the laser to impinge directly on the sample or on a constraining layer in contact with the sample. It is also well known that the plasma generated at the surface of a sample when hit by a fast pulse of laser light is the most efficient mechanism for generation of longitudinal ultrasonic waves. One of the factors that has limited the use of lasers in ultrasonic generation is the fact that they can damage the surface of a sample. This damage can range from pitting or cracking the surface to the removal of a surface coating, such as a paint. We report here a technique that uses the plasma created by a focused pulsed laser beam to generate ultrasound without the sample actually being illuminated directly by the laser light.

www.iop.org...

magnetic fields are created by an alligenment and/or flow or electrons.if you were to find a way in which to disrupt the alligment of atoms you could essentially disrupt magentic fields.

Indeed, this mode corresponds to a vibration of the atoms in a direction parallel with that of the dipole moments

so by targeting the areas of sunspots upon the sun with a pulsed laser it would be possible to induce ultrasound oscillations within the calcium in situe that would negate the creation and formation of the magnetic fields that create sunspots!!.

if this was to be done in secret all one had to do is always undertake the sunspot manipulation on the other side of the sun that we on earth never see.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer

You should get away from being the everyday normal LID, and get your amateur radio license......then you can really talk skip.

HAM radio is ok...but don;t like the fcc so much.

cb radio's allow you to do stuff you shouldn't be doing..if you know what im talking about.
i can listen to every ham radio op i want.. just no license to key up lol

ham is on a way higher frequency than cb radio's.
might be why skip is messed up..due to the no sun spot's.

There are no channels authorized in the CB Radio Service above 27.405 MHz or below 26.965 MHz
www.arrl.org... ham radios freq way to many to list.
2300-2310 MHz
2390-2450 MHz
3300-3500 MHz
5650-5925 MHz
10.0-10.5 GHz
24.0-24.25 GHz
47.0-47.2 GHz
76.0-81.9 GHz*
119.98-120.02 GHz
142-149 GHz
241-250 GHz
All above 300 GHz
and below.

thats my point cb radio freq. is less adjusted to no sunspot's...and show's something to us.
what is that beats me.. i know it cant be to good.
all i know is the sun is doing it to cb radio.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
watch that its a cb radio with skip transmission's coming in.

infoex.hemscott.net...

Most FM transmissions only travel a little over 25 miles which is a straight line between the transmitter and the receiver before the earths curvature means the ground blocks the signal. Some of the RF however goes upwards and bounces back off the ionosphere and comes down many miles away. This as I say is called skip in radio ham terms and is how in some cases you can talk to an American trucker on a low power CB radio in London if the conditions are right

now do you understand the term skip talking?

basically what ive noticed over the last few years..is a increasing in the skip hearing the other person.
but recently around 6 month's or so i dont know one local cd radio user to get over a 30 sec hello.
to confirm they hear them in another state or country.

that means sunspots are not carrying the radio wave as with previous years before.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by beforetime]

Thank you!
Yes, I am familiar with the concept, I just didn't know the term for it.

Does the ionosphere have to be "strengthened" or "weakened" for the skip talking to increase like that?

[edit on 22-9-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer

cb radio's allow you to do stuff you shouldn't be doing..if you know what im talking about.

There are no channels authorized in the CB Radio Service above 27.405 MHz or below 26.965 MHz
www.arrl.org... ham radios freq way to many to list.
2300-2310 MHz
2390-2450 MHz
3300-3500 MHz
5650-5925 MHz
10.0-10.5 GHz
24.0-24.25 GHz
47.0-47.2 GHz
76.0-81.9 GHz*
119.98-120.02 GHz
142-149 GHz
241-250 GHz
All above 300 GHz
and below.

thats my point cb radio freq. is less adjusted to no sunspot's...and show's something to us.
what is that beats me.. i know it cant be to good.
all i know is the sun is doing it to cb radio.

Yes, I am aware of the requencies, and what skip is. I am also aware of the sunspot situation. I was just suggesting that you become a HAM. The FCC does not mess with you as long as you stay within the limits. I can talk all over the world with a wire between 2 trees, and 5 watts.......you can't do that with CB.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by desertdreamer]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The fact that one must pay to be licensed for a thing that no one has created, manufactured, or can control, chafes. What arrogance.

No thank you.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The fact that one must pay to be licensed for a thing that no one has created, manufactured, or can control, chafes. What arrogance.

I couldn't agree more!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I always thought it was funny how the HF CB radio band is also called the 11 meter band (11 meter wavelength) and how it has an 11 year cycle of usefulness for skip.
It's kind of a shame since I used to have a lot of fun using skip on the 11 meter band back in the 90s.
Fun story- I got a set of cheap walkytalkys from radioshack that only had 400mw power output (that's less then a watt, most CBs are in the 4 watt range) and only one channel on 14. I was outside with one of them and heard someone talking so I break in and talk to the guy and find out he is in Canada. I was in southern Wisconsin mind you. That was fun talking to someone that far away on such low power. That was over 10 years ago though.
The skip as I recall was always best around noon and would fade into local only as the sun went down.

Well looks like it's gonna be a long time before I can hear anyone off in the distance on 11 meters again. I kind of miss the days of having my cobra with SSB and the silly echo/roger addon.
Worst yet is how it effects ham radio also. The 10, 12 and 15 meter band is useless anymore.

Oh forgot to say, you may want to try listening to beacons on 11 meters. There are a few low powered ones that people run and can be fun to try and tune in. That will show you if there is a moment of skip. You will need a radio that can do cw or ssb so that you hear the carrier wave as most the beacons are just morse code.
Google search for 11 meter beacons

[edit on 2/3/2009 by darklife]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

1,500 watts on a quad beam eh. Id bet anything that your splattering the entire CB band and then some. I dont even want to imagine what kind of mess your rig is spitting out spectraly. Probably be worse mess than the grass white noise, just at huge amplitudes.

Hope you dont get caught cuz FCC dont take it lightly to CB'er's running illegal linears.

If you want to do it right tho, modulate your final instead of the 4 watt drive. All you need is 750 watts audio thru an RF choke to the output section of the amp, then you will put out a nice clean 1,500 watt AM or USB/LSB signal and not splatter all over the bands.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I haven't had a CD in YEARS... gotta bo of qsl's around here from my skip talking days. I was going to say, that the OP is broadcasting his illegal rig. Not good dude.

What you the, OP, is experiencing is known and expected in regards to the sun spots. Look around the site and you will find many threads relating to the sun spots and communications.

Simple laymans definition of skip. Bouncing radio signals off the atmosphere to increase range.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well if you want to keep it legal then most of the stuff that people are doing with CBs shouldn't be done
With that attitude you may as well get on the ham bands w/o a license.
Also the ham bands cover up and down the radio spectrum..
www.arrl.org...
There are a few ham bands almost right next to the CB frequencies so the 11 year cycle does effect some of the ham bands. Besides that there are a whole list of other effects the sun has on other radio frequencies, everything from VLF to EHF.
Good example is how the sun effects our ionosphear causing skip on shortwave frequencies and even the good old AM radio. The sun can cause cycles of high static noise on VHF/UHF.
Also don't forget about that 462-467MHz CB band for those FRS radios.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join