It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rise of the robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
this is realy nothing. i just heard that. from this point in time till who knows when is the eara of the machine. the rise of the robots i they said. because of all the technoligy now they have started to make really good AIs and robots. like how they have the robot pet. and soon will be released to the public for like 700 dollars. and how they have that ASHIMO robot. which will soon be in production. and how we have all these new advance that we can make very intilligent AIs, robots, and androids. and the program said this is the rise of machines. go figure soon the machine will probabley run us one day...you think

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think someone has been watching a little too much Matrix and Terminator...but hey its possible

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i agree that it's possible... hopefully any AI will follow Asimov's Laws of Robots

First Law:
A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

Second Law:
A robot must obey orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

Third Law:
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

and the self-aware machine first came about, in my knowledge, in Heinlein's novel "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress." i suggest it for reading.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How can a robot follow these principles when it will obey any command initially programmed? ie, those above rules might not be programmed into the machine.

top topics

join