It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Pics I took of the X-32 and the X-35, JSF Prototypes.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Some Pics I took of the X-32 and the X-35, JSF Prototypes, at The Patuxent River Naval Air Museum, MD

[edit on 9/21/08 by Djdoubt03]

[edit on 9/21/08 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm Guessing that no one cares?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Actually, cool pics! But really not much to post about.

MBF

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We just enjoy looking at your pics. Thanks. I just hate to see a wonderful piece of machinery like those that will only sit on the ground for eternity.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What did you find out about them? Beautiful Jets, did you see them in the air? Lucky pilots that get to drive them.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What did you find out about them? Beautiful Jets, did you see them in the air? Lucky pilots that get to drive them.

No this were taken 2 days ago, not a chance of seeing them in air. They are at a museum in this hot sun rotting with very little care.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I simply appreciate a well-designed piece of machinery. It isn't the aircraft that causes the death... it is the will behind it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChChKiwi

No one on aircraft projects here on ATS, speak of aircraft in
that way.
Technology and innovations with design and propulsions
is what is said and spoken about.....
Your post (in that tone) is not welcome in this forum.
Thats why its called (Aircraft Pojects).

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
At least they haven't done that stupid painting over of the windows to a silly all grey. Thats my biggest pet peeve that museums do that. Out side of that its nice they are on display though I think they deserve an place indoors so as to protect them but I know not every museum can afford that.

Thanks for posting the images. In the future though give people some time to see them and then respond. Not all of the posters on this forum hang out here over the weekends. It just shows patience and maturity on your part.

ChChKiwi I think you need to find another forum to post on as that post was completely unrelated to the direction of conversation. Never-mind the fact that they where prototype aircraft. I have never seen technology as evil unless designed by evil with and evil will or used for that purpose. But thats already been said so I bid you a good day and hope you never poke you long nose in here again.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

I remember seeing the program when it was boeing v lockheed F22 V X32 I forgot how good it looked, Can someone refresh my memory, Did the X32 have stealth capabilities?

[edit on 9/22/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

A.S. One of the requirements for the X program was that it would have stealth characteristics. Therefore I would say yes the 32 would of been stealthy and also considering the fact that there was a version that was drafted up that would of been much more like a conventional design I can see RAM and other sensor and IR reduction techniques being used if it had been picked. The point of the prototypes though was as a tech demonstrator and was tested for LO tech.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The X-32 is still one ugly looking beast. I wonder sometimes if the top level brass involved with the JSF program thought it wasn't "sexy" enough for the high flying nights that would have to operate it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
I'm Guessing that no one cares?

I am waiting to see more detailed photo you taken of the X-32 not only side or front view but also rear and other special angle of view.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The sun will discolour the canopy soon enough canada anyway - alot of place paint over them to protect the interior

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

In that case they should just use some sort of vinyl that will be able to be removed say special displays on air shows and still protect the cockpit interior. How will the sun discolor the glass though? I haven't really seen many planes that have been outdoors long times with that messed up of glass?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As requested here is the front of the X35, I din't post it before because it's not a good pic.

[edit on 9/22/08 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nice pics mate, post more if you got em

I strangely prefer the X-32 over the X-35, not sure why, I think I have a thing for underdogs.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I never liked the look of the X-32. Is it just me or does it look like a bask shark? lol

One ugly aircraft, in my opinion...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join