It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iranian Newspaper: Witness Claims U.S. Planting WMD in Iraq

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yesterday an Iranian paper claimed witnesses have seen the U.S. secretively moving heavy materials into Southern Iraq. Speculation is that they are missiles/missile components Saddam was barred from possessing. Look for October Surprise #1 - the capture of Osama and #2 - planted WMD.
Right before the election, of course.




posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It was in the Tehran Times.

Tehran Times - US Unloading
WMD In Iraq
3-21-4


TEHRAN (Mehr News Agency) - Over the past few days, in the wake of the bombings in Karbala and the ideological disputes that delayed the signing of Iraq's interim constitution, there have been reports that U.S. forces have unloaded a large cargo of parts for constructing long-range missiles and weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in the southern ports of Iraq.

A reliable source from the Iraqi Governing Council, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Mehr News Agency that U.S. forces, with the help of British forces stationed in southern Iraq, had made extensive efforts to conceal their actions.

www.rense.com...

I know it could be propaganda... but just the same, it very well could be true. Here's this other story out there on the U.S. trying and failing to plant WMD during the invasion:

Pentagon Whistleblower -
US Tried To Plant
WMDs, Failed
Daily Times Monitor
3-21-4


According to a stunning report posted by a retired Navy Lt Commander and 28-year veteran of the Defense Department (DoD), the Bush administration's assurance about finding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was based on a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) plan to "plant" WMDs inside the country. Nelda Rogers, the Pentagon whistleblower, claims the plan failed when the secret mission was mistakenly taken out by "friendly fire", the Environmentalists Against War report.

Nelda Rogers is a 28-year veteran debriefer for the DoD. She has become so concerned for her safety that she decided to tell the story about this latest CIA-military fiasco in Iraq. According to Al Martin Raw.com, "Ms Rogers is number two in the chain of command within this DoD special intelligence office. This is a ten-person debriefing unit within the central debriefing office for the Department of Defense."
www.rense.com...



posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Of course they (we ) are. I have been saying for the past month or so, since it has become so obvious that the WMD's were not there, that suddenly they would be and the US would find them.

I'm not saying that I don't think that Iraq never had them, as I think they probably did. Now they're in Syria or somewhere and we will find them too.



posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I really, really doubt the U.S. is planting WMD this late. After having our WMD guys come out and say they found nothing a year later, going in just now and putting in WMD is too little, too late. No positive effect could be gained and the very fact that our inspectors didn't find them for over a year would raise way too many questions as to the validity of the finding.

It won't happen.

edit: I also made the point yesterday that this Nelda Rogers person and her claims have been discussed three times (now five times) here on ATS. Its a BS story, I'm sure of it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by heelstone]



posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I really, really doubt the U.S. is planting WMD this late. After having our WMD guys come out and say they found nothing a year later, going in just now and putting in WMD is too little, too late. No positive effect could be gained and the very fact that our inspectors didn't find them for over a year would raise way too many questions as to the validity of the finding.

It won't happen.


yeah, but wouldn't it be funny...


headlines read : WMD's finally found in Iraq !!

next day headlines read : Saddam's statement from Jail, those aren't mine, they were planted !



posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I disagree w/the belief that Saddam's weapons went to Syria. They had no reason at all to pick that kind of fight with us. Their main headache in life is Israel (and vice versa.) Our relations with them were actually getting better (i.e. CIA working well w/their intelligence on the war on terror) until Dubya and Rumsfeld screwed that up royally in the run-up to the war. Actually, I believe the NeoCons want desperately to topple Syria's government and Saudi Arabia's after that. They've been pouring on the anti-Syria propaganda b/c of it.



posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I disagree w/the belief that Saddam's weapons went to Syria. They had no reason at all to pick that kind of fight with us. Their main headache in life is Israel (and vice versa.) Our relations with them were actually getting better (i.e. CIA working well w/their intelligence on the war on terror) until Dubya and Rumsfeld screwed that up royally in the run-up to the war. Actually, I believe the NeoCons want desperately to topple Syria's government and Saudi Arabia's after that. They've been pouring on the anti-Syria propaganda b/c of it.


so do you think that Iraq even had WMD's ? If so, do you think they were destroyed or are hidden and if hidden, where ? just curious



posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Yesterday an Iranian paper claimed witnesses have seen the U.S. secretively moving heavy materials into Southern Iraq. Speculation is that they are missiles/missile components Saddam was barred from possessing. Look for October Surprise #1 - the capture of Osama and #2 - planted WMD.
Right before the election, of course.


Well, if what you say is correct than planting WMD in Iraq would be perfect for the Bush Administration to say "Guess what? We found the WMD's all you non bleievers." Then everybody who was skeptical will once again be on Bush's side and vote for him in the next election. This planting of WMD's is just to make sure the majority of Americans believe Bush so Bush can be Presdient for another 4 years.

I'll bet you the Bush Administration will announce they found the WMD's and Bin Laden right before the election in the next two months. Just you watch. Then low and behold Bush will continue to be our President.



posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If that doesn't work.. look for an "al Qaeda" attack a'la Madrid on the eve of the election. These guys are beyond ruthless and will do anything to hold on to power.

Elevatedone, I believe Iraq's WMD were all but eliminated by '98. As for the chem/bio weapons, I don't believe the stocks he had could've survived for only so long. They are difficult to store and maintain over an extended period of time. That was the one area in which I witheld judgement on until much later. It was truly a mystery to everyone.

What I do now believe is that Saddam played the supreme bluffing game. And he did a great job of it. What ruler sitting atop the world's second largest known oil reserve would not resort to such tactics? He had many enemies. Some very legit and some very greedy.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]



posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Covered, covered, and covered! (Thanks heelstone)
Use this next time? And on top that .... Rense, propagandamatrix, the 'highly credible' Tehran Times, etc,?!

ATS Advanced Boolean Search Wizard

Threads covering this, HERE:

US tried to plant WMD
The Perils of Planting WMDs
CIA and DOD Attempted To Plant WMD In Iraq
US tried to plant WMDs......
US forces seeding WMD in Iraq?
U.S. Unloading WMD in Iraq
Iranian News: WMDs Will be Planeted err... Uncovered Soon


*Click*...thread closed



seekerof

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Seekerof]



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join