It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millionaire Flees Haunted House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Found this story pretty spooky, maybe there really is something there??

A millionaire businessman has become so spooked by the "haunted" £3.6m mansion he bought last year that he has handed the property back to the bank.

"We were like the family in The Others. The ghosts didn't want us to be there and we could not fight them because we couldn't see them," he said.

Here's some of the things that went on, pretty scary....

"The day we moved in we had our first experience. We sat down in the evening to relax and there was a knock on the wall. We heard: 'Hello, is anyone there?'

"We ignored it the first time but two minutes later we heard the man's voice again. I got up to have a look but the doors were locked and the windows were closed.

Can ghost's take on someone elses image temporarily??

As she says she actually saw her eldest daughter

"On another occasion my wife went downstairs to make milk for the baby at 5am and she saw our eldest daughter watching television. "She said her name but she wouldn't respond. My wife realised something was up, so she went back upstairs to check on her and found her fast asleep in her bed.

If she thought something was up why didnt she go over to her daughter, instead of going up to check on her???

Dont make sense.

And this was the final straw.

"When we found red blood spots on the baby's quilt, that was the day my wife said she'd had enough. We didn't even stay that night. It was the last straw, we felt that they had come to attack us. It was really emotional."

They should get TAPS down there lol, its a pretty old building too.

Clifton Hall, which dates back to the Norman conquest

Source.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That's lame, it would take much more than that to get me to move out( and I seen some wierd crap!) I think there is more of a case of 'Paranoia about the paranomal'

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
That's lame, it would take much more than that to get me to move out( and I seen some wierd crap!) I think there is more of a case of 'Paranoia about the paranomal'

Well why dont you tell us your worst/best experience, however you see it lol.

Kinda relates to this thread, as in what would it take for you to move out?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

"On another occasion my wife went downstairs to make milk for the baby at 5am and she saw our eldest daughter watching television. "She said her name but she wouldn't respond. My wife realised something was up, so she went back upstairs to check on her and found her fast asleep in her bed.

If she thought something was up why didnt she go over to her daughter, instead of going up to check on her???

Dont make sense.

I'd say it doesn't.

Why did she even THINK about going to "check on her"?
I mean, the girl was (in appearance) right there!

The person who told them or wrote this isn't a particularly bright bulb...

Where is this supposed to have happened? Do you have the URL?
(Just looking for half an hour to kill before my favourite TV show starts...
)

EDIT: Oh sorry, I see you listed it. It's Sky News.
Well, that makes sense...

[edit on 21-9-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I dont find, Objects moving, frightening, nor finding blood on ones clothes.

But it would take Severe negative energy, and Powerful as in the point to be able to hurt me, for me to move.

Or Pebbles falling from the ceiling(thats just weird!)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

rember Sky news is just fox news. with another name. They both FOX

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

I know. That's why I say it makes sense...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well there are other sources, but its all MSM at the end of the day, so i hear you.

www.granthamjournal.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Whats MSM?

One liner

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Thanks!
It's actually the perfect reading for a late Sunday evening.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Main Stream Media.

Opps one liner too lol....

To add, has anyone had a really bad paranormal experience themselves that forced them to move out?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
BBC News

Another source, very interesting story.

They should do a more in depth report, I doubt this guy has a reason to fake this thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Did anyone consider that the current state of the world financial markets may have caused him to get rid of it for other reasons and lie about it?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Did anyone consider that the current state of the world financial markets may have caused him to get rid of it for other reasons and lie about it?

Not the journalists involved in this report, it seems...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
[
To add, has anyone had a really bad paranormal experience themselves that forced them to move out?

I think you might be interested in the picturesque history of the Dario palace, in Venice.
No ghosts there - just a really nasty "curse"...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Perhaps paranoia, lies and corruption are eating at his soul. There is something to be said for this line of thought.. Maybe the market is eating his lunch. The economic crisis if effecting people in very strange ways. I am surprised that I am not seeing suicides.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
reply to post by Interestinggg

Perhaps paranoia, lies and corruption are eating at his soul. There is something to be said for this line of thought.. Maybe the market is eating his lunch. The economic crisis if effecting people in very strange ways. I am surprised that I am not seeing suicides.

Well id say if he was a millionaire he would have had at least some exposure to the current issues.
So although hes probably not going broke tomorrow, I would say its a little more about capital raising than ghosts.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I seem to remember Clifford Hall being profiled on a 'haunted show' a while back. Might be a different place... I'll do some checking.

As far as leaving a house because its haunted, personally I would stick it out as long as possible.. but bring my wife and children into the mix and I leave hands down.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nope, could find anything with a quick google search pertaining to Clifford Hall.

I did however find the following, totally un-related piece of humor..

Pants obsessed dog gets surgery

LOL,

A Nottingham man says his pet dog's penchant for ladies' underwear left the animal needing emergency surgery.

Cliff Hall of Stapleford said his pedigree Bull Mastiff Deefer has eaten around 10 pairs of knickers in the past 12 months

Gotta love the Google

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Perhaps it happened after to recieved new house payments on his jumbo loan,having house payment triple would scare the hell out of me too

top topics

<<   2 >>

join