It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Mind Control Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Though I think the article's title is misleading, Time Magazine reports on a project that the Army is working on to read minds. They're developing helmets that have an interface that 'reads' the thoughts of the men wearing them, sort of.

Basicly it involves monitoring the brain waves, and recognizing the different patterns involved with speech and thought processes. Some research into the matter has already, successfully, been done by others.

So literally, you could have someone speaking to themselves, the helmet would read the man's brain patterns as he did, and 'translate' it, sending the message to other soldiers.

There's already a company putting out something similar for use with video games next summer.

www.time.com...

www.foxnews.com...

technology.newscientist.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.slate.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Of course it was inevitable, since the development of brain controlled games, It was just time until certain brainwaves could be categorised. Like the genome project, but much more invasive.

When this is mastered, I expect it to be used in courts of law around the world, and at some point it could be so precise, it could produce a script of what you are thinking.

Star and flag, i was wondering when it would come to this. Next step Telepethy machines

[edit on 21-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Yeah, I am just waiting for these to hit the shelves at Walmart or BestBuy. Ah, a new toy from Santa. Call me the ultimate Geek, but this is cool stuff. Would be nice if some military personnel could confirm these exist. Network/Wireless mind probes....
Just something else to be abused.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yup...makes you wonder what kind of experiments were going on in the early to mid eighties (and beyond)...

Researchers Can Read Thoughts To Decipher What A Person Is Actually Seeing

Fun stuff...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I remember when they showed off that head gear during the last E3 for the 360.
Doesn't seem like all that long ago when you used to have to get your head shaved for the theta detectors to work right.
What's it going to be like when we are able to detect and manipulate thought patterns with precision at a distance? At least people wouldn't look like they were insane because they walk down the street seemingly talking to themselves while they use their bluetooth headsets. Instead, they'd all be deep in thought...in a trance, even...maybe that's not a good idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

wireless technology (Tesla) is occult and highly subject to being abused. Time will tell the story.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Seems like now might be the time to invest in a lifetime supply of aluminum foil. Maybe those guys who line their cheap hotel rooms downtown aren't so crazy after all.

top topics

join