It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID Watchdog.. What a joke.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'd like to say, I recently subscribed to ID Watchdog to find out what they know about me? I was a little curious how a company can make a claim to be able to protect your identity in the information age.

As I suspected, there data was crap... They have a bunch of old addresses and even sent the information to wrong address (which I gave them the right address on the phone). It was beyond pathetic how out of tune these so-called experts are.

At some point in the future, Identity will have to be attached to DNA/blood in order to give humans any assurance of positive identification. I know this sounds like "big brother" but 3 yrs ago, my wife (or ex) stolen my identity, forged my signature and racked up $75k in credit debt and she bought herself a new house at my expense. I had no recourse at all and was force to reconcile. The State of Tennessee upheld her side of the lie, and I was screwed and had to pay thru the nose.

I am just in a state of shock with comes to identity theft, and I just want to make it known to everyone what a joke this really is. You think your identity is sacred, think again. Someone needs to come up with a way to authenticate who we are. At some point in the future, this will become a real issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yup, thats why they're working on digital chips to implant into our hand to buy and sell everything that our identity will be attached to.

It will be the birth and death of society:

King James Bible, Revelation 13:17
"And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

I say this digital chip will be the start of the End of Time. That is why I will never get one. But it will prevent identity theft and allow for quicker transactions.

At some point this technology will progress to the point where you cannot buy or sell without having this implant

"And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Remember Revelations 13:17

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Thank you.. I knew there was a biblical reason why I don't want my identity protected. I am sure you are right on the money with this one, but we must weigh the bad with good, and identify the potential for abuse by the government or *any* anonymous in society to perpetrate crimes against humanity. Where is the line drawn? It gets a little foggy when held to the light. Really something to think about.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Yes, the good in this idea, a digital chip that will solve all identity problems and make transactions safe and easy would be a great leap for society, except it is foretold in a book that has been poured over for centuries. If it wasn't foretold in the Bible, I would be all for it, except in Revelations, it is extremely specific, and this meets the specifications that has been brought to my knowledge, which is incredibly scary.

The interesting thing is what will the Papacy do? How will the churches deal with this if brought to their attention?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
reply to post by mapsurfer_

The interesting thing is what will the Papacy do? How will the churches deal with this if brought to their attention?

I'm extremely interested in this too, truth seeker. An interesting thread has been started comparing the U.S. to the Chancellor's take over in the movie, Star Wars. In one of the posts, the U.S. was compared to Octavius and the fall of the Roman Republic. Death of Democracy...

If history repeats itself, how was religion dealt with then? In Chapter Three of Robert M. Berchman's book Porphyry Against the Christians, Mr. Benchman explains that Octavius chose to incorporate the existing and the new or other religions into one. In present time, if we created one religion for all the people of the world, could it be possible for the teachings of Revelations to be overshadowed by the beliefs of the many other religions of the world? Could the warning to deny the "mark of the beast" be downplayed to the point that most people ignore it?

I think that if Christianity and the other religions of the world must unite in order to exist, some beliefs will become null. If it takes accepting the mark of the New World Order in order to continue existing, religion will choose to exist. Those refusing to accept the data chip will become fewer and fewer until they are no more.

[edit on 9/21/2008 by Aislin]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think that if Christianity and the other religions of the world must unite in order to exist, some beliefs will become null. If it takes accepting the mark of the New World Order in order to continue existing, religion will choose to exist. Those refusing to accept the data chip will become fewer and fewer until they are no more.

[edit on 9/21/2008 by Aislin]

Religion will continue to exist no less. Despite being Christan, I believe that the Vatican and others rely on power, fear, and other tools. They will open up their arms to it. I will not though, being in God and being Christan is different than having total faith in the Vatican. I do not believe that God can choose One Person to make decisions about his faith.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by truth_seeker3]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

You base your judgement on the world on a book of unknown origin? One that tells stories, contradicts itself, and espouses things like raping women and killing children?

Thank goodness people of your ilk are becoming fewer and fewer. Leave the bronze age where it is, and let's look to the future. A book of such obviously limited scope has no place in the thought processes of rational people.

new topics

top topics

join