It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western and Israeli hypocrisy in the portrayal of victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Paul J. Balles considers how Western and Israeli media and propagandists conceal the crimes meted out by the US and Israel by anonymizing their victims while using graphic imagery when the victims are their own.

Using 9/11 as a false excuse to invade Iraq, America endured casualties of 4150 sacrificed American savages while Iraqis slaughtered since the US invaded Iraq amounts to 1,255,026, as of 30 August 2008. Who are the greater savages?

Judea Pearl dubbed Samir Kuntar “the arch-symbol of barbarity”. Simply reading about how he allegedly slaughtered a four-year-old girl by smashing her head with a rifle butt makes his deed unforgivably sickening to any half-decent human being, just as it was agonizing to read about Daniel Pearl’s beheading.

Wasn’t the genocide of thousands in Sabra and Shatila refugee camps or the deaths of Palestinian children in Gaza and the West Bank or the liquidation of 1,255,026 Iraqis also agonizing to read about? NO! Unlike the descriptive images used to portray the deaths meted out by the three barbarians, the equally savage and brutal killings of Palestinians and Iraqis and Afghans have not been described in horrid detail. They are merely numbers.

But numbers can be revealing if the reader can transpose the grim image of one victim to many innocents. According to the website If Americans Knew, since September 2000 Palestinians have killed 123 Israeli children and Israelis have killed 1050 Palestinian children. Does that make Israelis almost ten times more barbaric than Palestinians?

Most people aren’t sickened by numbers. Expert propagandists in the US and Israel know how to sicken audiences with the images of others’ brutality. They never provide the same graphic imagery for the horrid crimes they commit. When Al-Jazeera conveys the images equivalent to those used by the West to stimulate hatred of the “barbarians”, they are labelled a biased medium.

www.redress.cc...

I am happy to see that atleast some try to expose the western propaganda machine , and also expose the true propaganda fascist face of USA and its stooge Israel , or should i say Israhell

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am not fond of this author using "savages", "barbarians" - to show his equally "objective" point. Actually kind of reminds me of someone who is also showing his views using similar emotionally charged vocabulary.
I wonder why do you like this author?
Now seriously - there are a lot of Iraqi civilians dying - all killed by US forces? You can say that US destabilized former regime thus allowing the havoc to begin , but it still does not mean that US is genocidal or that its soldiers (by savages i assume he means just that?) are beheading all million plus of Iraqis.
The same goes for Sabra/Shatilla. You might not be aware, but it were not Israelis who carried it out. Israel forces are guilty because they did NOT involve and stopped the massacre. Is it similar with smashing someone's head with rifle butt?
And finally - for Israeli 10 times bigger cruelty based on children killed. Now anyone killed is a tragedy. Palestinian/Iraqi/Afghani or even those genocidal Israeli/Americans - i hope you agree with that, since i saw too many posts with hopes of someone nuking at least one of the above.
However maybe the reason for such disproportionate relationships in dead children (note, not women. For some reason Israeli genocidal killers are not targeting women? Weird ,ha?) is the attitude shown below:

do not know that the Palestinian people has developed its [methods] of death and death-seeking. For the Palestinian people, death has become an industry, at which women excel, and so do all the people living on this land. The elderly excel at this, and so do the mujahideen and the children. This is why they have formed human shields of the women, the children, the elderly, and the mujahideen, in order to challenge the Zionist bombing machine. It is as if they were saying to the Zionist enemy: "We desire death like you desire life

www.peacewithrealism.org...
Hmm, so a lot of children were killed , you say? And human shield tactic got nothing to do with it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

he same goes for Sabra/Shatilla. You might not be aware, but it were not Israelis who carried it out. Israel forces are guilty because they did NOT involve and stopped the massacre.

correction , the israeli forces deliberately allowed that to happen..

Now seriously - there are a lot of Iraqi civilians dying - all killed by US forces? You can say that US destabilized former regime thus allowing the havoc to begin , but it still does not mean that US is genocidal or that its soldiers (by savages i assume he means just that?) are beheading all million plus of Iraqis.

the USA is responsible for death of millions of iraqi children due to sanctions and death of 200,000 civilains in gulf war 1991 and yes, USa has been bombing civilians in attacks with smart bombs and yes , the USA committed genocide in Fallujah and other parts using fuel air weapons .....

Is it similar with smashing someone's head with rifle butt?

Samir Kuntar has something different to say:

According to the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kuntar had initially admitted to bludgeoning Einat to death after being captured,[3] but at his trial, and consistently thereafter, he denied killing the 4-year-old.[18] In his testimony, Kuntar asserted that Israeli gunfire had killed Danny Haran as soldiers burst in to free him, and that he did not see what happened to Einat after passing out from blood lost from five bullet wounds.[19][3] He explained that the group's goal had been to take hostages back to Lebanon, and that he had taken the 4-year-old to prevent Israeli police from shooting at them.[3] According to his former cellmate, Yasser Hanjar, Kuntar "never expressed remorse, but maintains a different version [of the events] than the Israeli one", that he only wanted to take the Israeli family hostage, and that he "firmly rejected allegations he had smashed the head of 4-year-old Einat Haran."[20]

After his release, Kuntar accused the Israeli government of fabricating the story of how he killed the child.[21]
en.wikipedia.org...

of course, Israeli govt says something else , and claims it has evidence ,

by the way, is there any video evidence in relation to this...

Palestinian/Iraqi/Afghani or even those genocidal Israeli/Americans - i hope you agree with that, since i saw too many posts with hopes of someone nuking at least one of the above.

agreed , but please leave the americans out of the list ....

i saw too many posts with hopes of someone nuking at least one of the above.

, the only topic , was 7 good reasons to nuke USA, and no topics with nuking israel, but i would want many in the israeli govt appartus , to be tried for war crimes against humanity and genocide in the Hague ...

For some reason Israeli genocidal killers are not targeting women? Weird ,ha?

HRW report:
www.hrw.org...

and i don't consider , israelis genocidal , but racist yes and your nation practices apartheid and even genocide and ethnic cleansing(in the past) against palestianians....

Hmm, so a lot of children were killed , you say? And human shield tactic got nothing to do with it.

and groups like hamas were created by Mossad to splinter the PLO movement

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Don't be disingenuous, both sides are guilty of this crime.

Both sides do terrible things to one another. People need to stop defending Isreal while freely admitting the terrible nature of the Palestinians.

A murder is a murder...and a murderer is a murderer. I could give a [snip] where they come from, why they feel it's ok to take life or who their ghost in the clouds is.

WARNING: Graphic

[edit on 9/21/0808 by spines]

top topics

join