It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. artist "made to dance" by Israeli security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

U.S. artist "made to dance" by Israeli security

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli airport security officers made an African American member of the New York-based Alvin Ailey dance troupe perform steps for them before letting him enter the country, the group said on Tuesday.

The group said airport officials had provided no explanation about the treatment of Abdur-Rahim Jackson, who has a Muslim father but is engaged to a fellow dancer who is Jewish with a large family in Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Making a black man dance to get into your country?

Ouch.

I thought after the video of the Israeli guards making the Palestinian man play the violin to pass by, the irony of that sort of dehumanizing abuse would have sunk in.

I think some sensitivity training may be in order here.

- Lee

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
At least this guy was a dancer, I recall hearing something on the news about a year ago where a Phoenix PD officer pulled over a car and made a deal with the 2 guys inside (who were Black) that if they made up a rap song and a dance to go with it that he would let them go. The 2 guys made a little rap about not speeding and how speeding is dangerous and why being pulled over by the cops is not good and the officer let them go.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Abusing Arabs is one thing, but now they have crossed the line!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well its good to see public humiliation by an opressive regime is happy days for Israel.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I thought after the video of the Israeli guards making the Palestinian man play the violin to pass by, the irony of that sort of dehumanizing abuse would have sunk in.

Ah but you see, we are not Chosen, so why should we be treated like humans...

How soon people forget the actions of the Nazis...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You guys are too much .. We all mess with people . Its in our nature .

They didn't torture him . Frankly this seems like a harmless prank . But of course . Blame the whole country and compare them to the Nazi's .

"The officers then told him, 'If you are a dancer, then dance', so he showed them some dance moves."

The spokesman said Jackson was no stranger to this kind behavior because he had been asked to do the same during a visit to the Dominican Republic.

Oh crap Hitler must have sent his play book to the Dominican Republic.

We take you and torture you and never let you see a lawyer. These guys simply said
"If your a dancer..Prove it."

Who are the real Nazi's?

Seems more like banning dancing . Or kicking him out for being a dancer would be closer to the Nazi playbook .
I see no problem with asking for a little proof you are who you say . And hell everyone loves a free show.
Maybe since it was a sold out show . The guy was a fan and saw an opportunity to get a free show .
Heck i probably would.

I mean he could have been *Gasp* Iranian!!!

[edit on 21-9-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hmm. Yes, yes. Nazis. Well i understand that there are no idiots in power positions in your country. Is this case worst then Canadians shooting person in airport? British in metro?
Oh those evil Israelis , they are chosen.... To be scapegoats?

new topics

top topics

join