It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Yuan, a 12 year-old, Invented New Type of 3D Solar Cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

William Yuan, a 12 year-old, Invented New Type of 3D Solar Cells

www.greenoptimistic.com

William Yuan, a 12 year-old from Beaverton, Oregon, has made an innovation in the 3D solar cells production that could provide 500 times more light absorption than commercially-available solar cells and nine times more than cutting-edge 3D solar cells.

The 3D cell he invented can absorb both visible and UV light, a fact that scientists struggle to accomplish by complicated technologies. At first, he couldn’t believe his calculations: “This solar cell can’t be generating this much electricity"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
presskit.ditd.org
www.katu.com

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Amazing.

Why not spend the $1 trillion dollar economy bailout money on putting this technology into wide-spread use?

Or just half the defense budget of the USA on this new solar tech?

There would be no more dependency on foreign oil.
It would create a new industry of green collar jobs.
It would provide an emission-free energy source.

Why would they not do this?

Because they are slaves of the money of the auto and oil industries. Its all a big scam.

www.greenoptimistic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow, it took a 12 year old to show that our scientists are not as smart as everyone thinks they are. Imagine that, it is so cool. It makes one think twice now about some of the theories that scientists have published over all of this time.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
actually, i believe that the true potential of solar cell technology is simply being suppressed by vested interests, and scientists have most probably known about this for quite some time.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'd like to know if this kid is getting the support he obviously needs. Will he be praised and forgotten or will he get sufficient support to reach the best of his potential?
AllSeeingI, if there's no dependency on foreign oil, there's no reason to be in foreign territory. I mean, really, how many wars have we had with countries without oil fields?
This kid shows just what can be achieved in the field of science without the choking collar of corruption. This kid, no shareholders, no congress.
Just science.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Wow. I'm spreading this information everywhere I possibly can. The fact that we don't use the most abundant and don't forget FREE form of energy on a day-to-day basis for all of our energy needs is quite perturbing.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
When can we (average people) buy one? When can we (average people) benefit from this? My guess is when we run out of oil.

We have had so many solar breakthroughs in the last year, yet if you would go out and buy a solar setup for your house, it would cost as much and have a very similar efficiency as a system you could have bought 10 years ago.

These breakthroughs are fine and all, but I am getting tired of waiting for the benefit to trickle down to the common man.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

This is so true. For all the "green" talk going around the last ten years, we haven't seen many advances on a level that benefits the average joe. Or the environment for that matter.

top topics

join