It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul predicted Georgia conflict in 2002

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Found this video by accident and apologies if posted before.
It's interesting to see how America's policy of pre-emptive strikes has led Russia to act similarly.

Now the US wants EU support for isolating Russia. Talking about double standards. The EU has brokered a peace deal between Russia and Georgia and the US played little importance in negotiations because Russia doesn't take the US serious anymore.

Frankly speaking who could possibly take ''the greatest country in the world'' serious these days. It's a country of double standards. Criticizing China for human rights. Take Gitmo. Criticizing Russia for ''invading'' Georgia. Take Iraq. Criticizing Russia for violating democratic freedoms. Take the patriot acts and other nasty rules and regulations.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just to clear up what is being referred to in the video:

Back in 2002 Shevarnadze was still in power in Georgia, and the contention between Georgia and Russia wasn't so much about South Ossetia or Abkhazia. It was about the Chechen rebels hiding in the mountains on the Georgian side of the border. Georgia didn't allow Russia to stage strikes against the terrorists there.

What Ron Paul is saying as that by same reasoning as U.S. has the right to stage preemptive strikes against terrorists abroad, Russia would have the right to stage preemtive strikes against the Chechen rebels in Georgia.

He is not talking about Russia going to war against Georgia but rather against Chechens inside Georgia. This is NOT a prediction of what we see happening today. It is a whole other conflict entirely.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
On top of that, this prediction was made in 2002. I would say he's about 6 years late. I mean i can predict a war with any number of countries and in due time it may happen. But that doesnt mean my prediction was exactly correct.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think what maloy said is correct, but what this does show is that once again, Ron Paul is one of the few who speaks the truth about and informs the average person about events and situations barely, if at all, covered on mainstream media.

I think the Georgia-Russia conflict has been cooking for a while now, and anyone who was paying attention could have seen it.

Having said that, though, the value of this video and this interview is that Ron Paul isn't going to give you political garbage when he speaks. He gives the brutally honest truth and speaks his mind. Today, that is rare to see in an American politician.

new topics

top topics

join