It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington state Protesters want an end to security checkpoints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Washington state Protesters want an end to security checkpoints

www.king5.com

By CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News

PORT ANGELES, Wash. - Dozens of protesters lined the streets of downtown Port Angeles this afternoon, urging the federal government to stop security checkpoints on Olympic Peninsula roads.

This was the latest protest which has concerned the border patrol's increased presence at place like ferry terminals and rural roadways far from the border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
(video) Protesters want an end to security checkpoints

People in Washington state can't even drive down their roads to go to work or the grocery store without being harassed by these police checkpoints. Finally some people are starting to protest these illegal checkpoints.

For those of you who are unaware Washington State has allot of water so they use Ferries
as an extension of our state highways instead of bridges. So the Feds have decided in to put checkpoints at the ferry terminals even though most terminals have only local service. Now border patrol is trying to extend its authority further than the border - up to 100 miles according to the report. I don't know if that means 100 miles from the physical border with Canada or 100 miles from every ferry terminal - but they claim to be at terminals more than 100 miles from the border.

Their argument is they've caught 14 illegals so far and they're looking for terrorist & drug runners. Just wonderful now it's not just the Airport - you can't even go down the road without being molested by the NAZI PIGS.

So now we have the DUI checkpoints, stolen car checkpoints, fugitive checkpoints the drug checkpoints, the terrorist checkpoints and now illegal alien checkpoints in the middle of the state. Sort of like living in a prison eh? Not the America I grew up in, no not at all.

www.king5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-9-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Port Angeles has a ferry that runs to Victoria, BC (ran by a private company, Black Ball Transport). In the case of Port Angeles, it is physically only a few miles from Canada, just accross the Strait of Juan de Fuca to Vancouver Island. While there are (very limited) homeland security "inspections" (which amount to a guy walking around with a bomb-sniffing dog in the ferry waiting area parking lot) on the domestic runs, Port Angeles' one and only ferry is indeed an international ferry.

I take the domestic ferries (Edmonds->Kingson, Mukilteo->Clinton, Seattle->Bainbridge, etc) all the time, and I have never seen any Homeland Security inspector, nor have I had any issues. The only reason I know it exists is because of the reports in the media.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Dude if they don't check people coming in and out of the country, what do you think is gonna happen?
Criminals terrorists etc are going to come and go as they please.
Seriously what is there to protest about this?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
checking people coming into and out of the country is one thing. Once you are in the country it is assumed that you belong here. These are check points a 100 miles away from the border, not at the border. or close to the border.

I agree with the poster, and the protesters, there is no justification to stop, impede, and violate our 4th amendment right.

Camain

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Dude, nobody's protesting border checkpoints. The protest is about checkpoints inside the United States hours away from the border. What would you except next, police checking everyone homes everyday to make sure you're not doing anything wrong and not hiding any criminals in there?

Maybe we should all have electronic monitors that track our daily whereabouts and sample our blood hourly to make sure were not ingesting anything were not supposed to or that has not been taxed.

I won't be bending over for the terrorist NAZI PIGS pretending to be protecting us, if you want to ignore them on your block that's your choice.

new topics

top topics

join