It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Truck Bomb -- WHO DID THIS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
SOME STILL OF THE TRUCK during the explosion

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I was just about to start a thread on this, but I see someone beat me to it!

Remember the film "Clear and Present Danger"? They faked a "car bomb" on the drug lords cartel by targeting a vehicle outside his house with a bomb dropped from a US warplane that a cellulose casing, which would disintegrate on detonation.

That also left a crater, as any air dropped munition apparently does, which Harrison Ford's character picked up on, leading him to the conspiracy itself.

It seems odd that the Oklahoma City bomb was 4,800 Lbs (2181Kg) and left no crater, yet this is apparently only 1320 Lbs (600Kg) and seems to have blown half the road away.

[edit on 21/9/08 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04
I wondered the same thing. I've never seen a truck bomb leave a crater like that.

Then you didn't stand in front of the Alfred P. Murrah building after that truck bomb went off. Because that truck bomb left a huge crater in front of the building.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Then you didn't stand in front of the Alfred P. Murrah building after that truck bomb went off. Because that truck bomb left a huge crater in front of the building.

Strange that, as I can't seem to find any pictures of said crater and more than 4 times the amount of explosive was apparently used.

I did check, but if you can turn up some pictures of said crater, then please by all means show me.

Where be this crater then?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Everyone is beating around the bushes (pun intended for the kids).

Of course the USA did this. We got tired of destroying our own buildings and killing our own people. The peaceful people that occupy the Pakistan region would never consider this. After all, they are a group hug waiting to happen.

I'm absolutely convinced it will be a CIA backed fundamentalist Islamic group financed by the world's new banking system.

WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE!

Now to reality. Oklahoma City had the equivalent of 5000 pounds of TNT and DID leave a large crater in the street that was fairly well covered with debris from the building falling. Research it yourself instead of making blanket claims that it can't be done. You can't compare soil conditions in Oklahoma and then Islamabad - again this has a direct correlation between crater size (sand=large crater clay=small crater). Car and truck bombs do make craters regardless of what people think.

Stop feeding on yourselves and look for some real information.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Valhall

Strange that, as I can't seem to find any pictures of said crater and more than 4 times the amount of explosive was apparently used.

I did check, but if you can turn up some pictures of said crater, then please by all means show me.

I will go look for you and see if I can find a pic. But I'm telling you first-hand. I went to the Murrah building after the attack and while the building was still standing. I stood a mere few yards from said crater. It was there, and it was big. I'll see what I can find, but I'm one person that can assure you - it was there.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So does the marriott have any UNDERGROUND facilities that a bunker buster might be needed?? I didnt get a chance to see the other page here at work but were the two "explosions" close or separate?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Some video of a bunker buster and the crater it left, also a bit of Mini-Nuke Info:

www.strategypage.com... - Epic crater left in this one

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh really?
Find me the 30 foot deep crater in front of the Alfred P. Murrah building??

i34.tinypic.com...
i36.tinypic.com...
i37.tinypic.com...
i37.tinypic.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Here are a few. Note the last one which is prior to all of the debris being cleaned out of the crater. That might be what is throwing some of you is you are looking at pics prior to the debris from the collapsed building being cleared away. Unlike the Pakistan bombing - which if I understand correctly the truck blew up some distance away from the building - the Murrah truck bomb went off right by the building so when the front of the building collapsed it filled in the crater. But as they began to clear away, they cleared the crater.

www.patshannan.com...

upload.wikimedia.org...

www.lifewaynewsblog.com...

To the person that said "oh really - show me the crater". I need to set you straight on something, I don't give a damned what you believe, I'm just sharing with you what I saw with my own eyes - a huge crater in front the building. You can take it or leave it. But if you leave it and say truck bombs don't leave craters - I'm going to think you a bit of a nutter...that's my perogative.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Oh really?
Find me the 30 foot deep crater in front of the Alfred P. Murrah building??

i34.tinypic.com...
i36.tinypic.com...
i37.tinypic.com...
i37.tinypic.com...

There isn't one buddy but also answer me this, do craters (Or damage equivelent to) have to go into the ground - i.e. downwards ! As we know, craters are a result of the explosive energy in the ground.

A Mini-Nuke going off above ground, now imagine this going off next to a building etc..

[edit on 21-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well I've never seen a car or truck bomb leave a crater behind. Just flick through pictures of the IRA bombings and you'll see no crater purely because the force of the explosion lifts the body (the car or truck) into the air thus removing the downward force of the blast.
Couldn't this have been a smart bomb? One of those missiles that is guided in to it's target by laser?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Difference in CRUSHED CARS Oklahoma vs Marriott

MARRIOTT ( the cars seem crushed by a giant fist coming from upside)

OKAHOMA CITY CARS ( burned but not crushed)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The Major is always amused when the "experts" wielding internet images proclaim that a crater did not exist, or could never exist. The Major wonders why the worlds collective EOD forces are posting on the internets vice indulging in some worthy cause like clearing landmines in some Third World backwater.

There certainly was a crater at the Alfred P. Murrah Building bombing.

Most of the east one-third of the building was
demolished all the way to the south wall. In its place
was a huge, three-story-high pile of rubble formed from
parts of the 6-inch concrete floor slabs and the remajns
of beams, walls, and furnishings. A two-story-high pile
of concrete slabs and rubble extended across the north
side and across NW 5th Street. There was a 30-footwide,
8-foot-deep crater on NW 5th Street where the
bomb had detonated.

www.terrorisminfo.mipt.org...

Emphasis the Major's.

The Major will now allow you stalwarts of the special forces carry on and contemplate the obvious deception in an official report so that 12 years later a bombing in Islamabad could be obfuscated.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here's another example of a truck bomb leaving a crater...Kobar Towers:

www.espionageinfo.com...

and another Baiji, Iraq

www.nancarrow-webdesk.com...

car bomb in Iraq

www.erichufschmid.net...

car bomb in Mosul

www.longwarjournal.org...

truck bomb in Kirkuk

media.canada.com...

truck bomb in Grozny

wwwimage.cbsnews.com...

truck bomb at Erez passing

cache.daylife.com...

truck bomb in Baghdad

cache.daylife.com...

truck bomb in Kirkuk

cache.daylife.com...

cache.daylife.com...

car bomb Lebanon

www.erichufschmid.net...

I'm starting to see a pattern here - seems car bombs and truck bombs leave craters...doh.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

Sir, Major Sir, with all due respect, the crater in Pakistan cannot be described as 30' wide and 8' deep.

Also Sir, as shown by photographic evidence, the OKC building didn't catch fire like the Pakistan building.

InfinityO'Reilly out.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dont know if this is of interest to you but this article seems to cast doubt on whether a car or truck bomb can leave a crater.

www.vialls.com...

In all my years following the troubles in Northern Ireland I never noticed any craters where the blasts took place. . .

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Your telling me this truck fire left this damage and crater?
www.youtube.com...

Watch the first video its of the truck catching fire and exploding.
Watch the second video of the damage scene in daylight.
The guys were trying to put the truck out with fire extinguishers.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Remember the film "Clear and Present Danger"? They faked a "car bomb" on the drug lords cartel by targeting a vehicle outside his house with a bomb dropped from a US warplane that a cellulose casing, which would disintegrate on detonation.

That was exactly what I was thinking about when I started reading the thread. If only someone on the receiving end of the bomb had the resources at their disposal to find evidence of explosives other than one on a vehicle. That would definitely make this more interesting.

I don't know much about explosives, but I have a bit of knowledge when it comes to physics. So I am wondering... What if the vehicle had been built or modified to have a heavy metal plating underneath, and under that is where the bomb was mounted. Would the plating be enough to push energy from the bomb into the ground and make a crater? I suppose, even if that were the case, the crater would likely not be much larger than the vehicle itself since the energy would be directly downward. Furthermore, the downward energy would probably mean less outward/upward damage, so the building and stuff surrounding it wouldn't be so badly damaged. Hmm...definitely an interesting situation.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That is a massive crater. Wow. Here are some other car or truck bombs that left craters in various attacks.

Iraq, Dec. 2007. Small but present truck bomb crater. 20 killed, 80 wounded.

Truck bomb crater 35 feet deep. Saudi Arabia, 1996. 19 US servicemen killed. 250+ wounded.

Oklahoma city bomb crater, 1995, was about seven feet deep.

Bombs are going to be somewhat chaotic when made by semi-pros. There are a lot of depends. What are they using? Chemicals? What kind? Artillery shells? What size. People seem to underestimate the terrorists because they are mysterious and we don't always understand where they are and what they are doing because we rely on the media and our government to tell us. Thing is, they probably wish they knew more. There was probably no involvement of the US government. Still, people, do some research on this. People who aren't sure and want a conspiracy immediately say that it must be a mini-nuke or bunker buster, dropped right at the same time or given to the terrorists secretly by good ol' Uncle Sam and Illuminati Zionist Jews from the Center of the Earth. Honestly, if I was part of the shadow government and I had all the so-called reverse engineered technology, I wouldn't bother plotting at this point I'd just go ahead and take over and stop beating around the bush. Yes, cats play with their food before they eat it, but that is because they are cats. People are not. Honestly, who did it? In the words of Stan from South park: "What do you mean? A bunch of p----d off Muslims."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join