It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how does one get an avatar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i'm a noob can someone help?

does it link to a website image or what can someone please tell me how its done i would like to have one please

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Go to your control panel, then to member center, then to ATS Upload center. Upload it from your computer (points can buy you more upload space).

This is what it actually says:

"Members can upload JPG, GIF, TXT, and PDF files for use on ATS/BTS that do not exceed 100 kilobytes. Files are stored in "uploads/filename.ext", to link to your uploads within your posts or user profile, simply use that path. Please be aware that your file will be renamed. An ATS prefix "atsXX" while be applied where XX = an assigned unique number. Please take note of the renaming of your file. (Spaces will also be replaced with underscores.)"

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Or you can link to a picture you are hosting on your own webspace, it's not nice to link to a picture on someone else's site as it uses their bandwidth.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here are the guidelines for avatars and signatures:

Guidelines for Avatars and Signatures

Then click on the tutorial tab at the top. It's pretty good.

And just find somthing you like and make sure it's the right size...

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
thank you

thank you for your help i only wanted to say thank you but i cant because it said that my post was too short i hope it will post this time lol

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I hate repeating my self, but there's a really nice tutorial section in the top-menu, right between "faq" and "recent posts".

New comers should check it out, it's really helpfull.

Edit: DeltaChaos just beated me to it, damn...

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by retardedgenius
i'm a noob can someone help?

does it link to a website image or what can someone please tell me how its done i would like to have one please

Just send $19.95 to P.O. Box 19568 in care of kinglizard. You will receive your avatar in 2-4 weeks.

If you order in the next 20 minutes I will throw in a deluxe set of steak knives.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Your avatar almost made me choke on my sandwich !!! That's an awesome pic.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Just send $19.95 to P.O. Box 19568 in care of kinglizard. You will receive your avatar in 2-4 weeks.

That's sweet! Someone might actually fall for that one time. We should place bets and see who can sucker some nubile out of 20 bucks first!

Maybe not,
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
Your avatar almost made me choke on my sandwich !!! That's an awesome pic.

agreed. that is a funny avatar

top topics

join