It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama or McCain ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why do we HAVE to vote for Obama or McCain ?
There are also 4 Independents running for President.
Ralph Nader
Cynthia McKinney
Bob Barr
and
Chuck Baldwin

I personally don't like either of the two major candidates and am considering one of the Independents.
Does anyone have any complaints about any of these people ?

(keep it light, the ATS Police has frown lately on political bashing)

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
ok, keeping it light
, I would rather not have our president be ralph nader and I wish he would stop running... But yes, the independents need to be looked at as well - its just unfair that they don't get as much press since there are so many dem/rep die-hards and the independents don't have as much money to throw into campaigning.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravinsomniac

Exactly. Why. I do not know. Ron Paul should be in the independent race if that would have made him available for election. For some reason I have a feeling, if he is still alive in 8 years, that is the best way for him to go.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Simply put, whether the media prefers to focus on the major candidates because thats who the majority prefer. Americans have every opportunity to vote in independent or third party but most choose not to, maybe because of appeal, maybe because of tradition.... You cannot just blame the media for the fact these minor candidatse dont get attention, the media will report on only those the major support and thats it.

Americans have the resources to look up alternatives besides McCain and Obama, but they choose not to because the other candidates dont appeal and their simply not interested. IS it ignorance? For some yes... but its their choice. The majority have spoken and these are the two.

Now on another note, let me list down other reasons for why these candidates simple dont get that much support:

Ralph Nader- his a joke, I mean really, his a joke and his really only been an "extra" in the elections, also he cost the Democrats the whitehouse in 2000 so he doesnt go down well with Democrats and Liberals alike. He also doesnt appeal to the conservative base for obvious reasons, his policies dont align/beliefs dont align.

Cynthia McKinney-Well she already looses conservatives a libertarians, shes running for the Green party, way left of the conservative arena. Also as for appealing to Democrats, its the 2006 Capitol Hill police incident and the fact she left the Democratic party is a factor.

Bob Barr- A libertarian that holds true conservative values? Somebody who wishes to withdraw troops from Iraq? His already lost the conservative vote. The 1999 situation with his reported "extra-marital" affair also already turns off many conservative voters. He was also among those who wanted to impeach Clinton, yep he lost the left wing vote there, including mine. His also way too right for most democrats.

His also been highly critical of the Bush administration, something conservatives of sensitive about and the hypocrisy of the man interms of him wanting to impech Clinton for personal affairs, but not Bush?

Chuck Baldwin- his verymuch in support of the consistution party, and since when did rightwingers actually give a real **** about the constitution? They only pretend to and this guy aint getting any major support from the right, also considering the man has also been critical of the Republican party and ditched it. Baldwin is also a 9/11, NWO "truther" which already turns off the vast majority of the right.

He aint ganna get any support from the Left considering his beliefs are way to right to start with. He also opposes women in the military and abortion, his been tied to man racist individuals and organisations including the league of the south which opposes interracial integration/ marriage and in which Balwin himself refers to them as negroes. His also made numerous negative comments about those who vote Democrat.

As for Ron Paul, he is the "perfect" conservative with the original Republican idealism, yet it was the Republicans themselves that gave him so little support, which indicates to me that nobody votes for true conservative values anymore, its this new neocon movement within the party. Also Ron Paul is way too politically right for most Democrats.

Theres this new sense of "blame the two party system" attitude from those voters who either had their candidates loose out in the primaries, or who are third party independent voters. Theres this anger that they cant have their candidates as nominees and then comes more negativity. The truth is that beside Obama and McCain, the rest simply do not appeal to the majority of the american population. Yes the media may have not given enough attention, but there are plenty of resources for people to learn about other candidates, and I believe the majority of the population have chosen stick with the two major candidates. It doesnt have to be this excuse that its some "conspiracy" or "media neglect". The media will only follow what the majority prefer to hear, and that is about either the Democratic nominee or the Republican nominee.

Its politics, there are winners and then there are losers.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
All of these potential candidates have dropped out of the race for one reason or another. We are now down to just six.

2008election.procon.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
These are the final six that we have to choose from..

www.votesmart.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey, I met Chuck Baldwin the other day, he was in Dallas, it was a few weeks ago, I felt stupid, because I had no idea who he was. But he came into my workplace and I got to talking to him, one thing I really liked about him were his immigration stances.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Hey, I met Chuck Baldwin the other day, he was in Dallas, it was a few weeks ago, I felt stupid, because I had no idea who he was. But he came into my workplace and I got to talking to him, one thing I really liked about him were his immigration stances.

That is really cool and inspiring. I wish I could talk to those who are running out of the usual. Did you ask him about the NWO or anything conspiracy related/implied?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

Originally posted by Republican08

That is really cool and inspiring. I wish I could talk to those who are running out of the usual. Did you ask him about the NWO or anything conspiracy related/implied?

Being on ATS and talking about this stuff is one thing, but when you meet a candidate who wants to be taken seriously, the last thing he wants to be seen or heard doing is giving serious consideration to a "conspiracy theorist". Asking him about the NWO or anything else conspiracy related would probably have had Chuck Baldwin ditching the question asker.

top topics

join