It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uneducated Voters (what do you think?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Well, what are your personal reasons for voting who you're voting for. This is no debate here.

Well, being the realist I am, I'm not voting for either one of them. Why? Because I know my vote doesn't count, I know that no matter who wins, they are just a puppet for the PTB, I know that NEITHER one of them will ever make the changes that need to be made, and they are both liberal spenders and I am a fiscal conservative.

I no longer will vote for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
An informed electorate is better, but no one needs a reason to vote for one candidate or another, nor does anyone need to give a reason for voting for any given candidate to someone else.

This is the way our system works.

There used to be literacy tests for voters, but those were struck down, if memory serves.

Even the most well-informed voter can vote for a candidate for reasons that seem incomprehensible to another.

The important thing is to vote.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Even the most well-informed voter can vote for a candidate for reasons that seem incomprehensible to another.

The important thing is to vote.

Nailed by Grady.

The important thing is to vote. That message shouldn't be lost. Even if you disagree with the candidates, and even if the president really doesn't have the power to effect the change that is promised -- you should still vote.

Otherwise, the leaders of our country have NO REASON to fear us, or give us any respect whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here's the way I see it. For too long the Republican party has played 'dirty' in the election process. They love to smear their opponents on a personal basis, so that the voting public doesn't look at the issues and their stance on them. The last eight years show how well that works. The Democrats, on the other hand, try to take the high road and stick to the issues, and it just doesn't work in our sound bite world. I got this in my e-mail this morning, and it shows how it is still being used today:

"I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....

* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.'

* Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, a quintessential American story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, and you're a maverick.

* Graduate from Harvard law School and be President of the Law Review, and you are unstable.

* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

* If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

* If your total resume is: local sports reporter, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.

* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.

* If your husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DUI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

OK , much clearer now.

Get out there & vote folks!"

It is going to continue to work until we wake up and stop being so shallow as a society. Due to the recent Bailout nonsense, we do seem to be waking up, but for how long???

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
most voters are not concerned with issues as you say.However those that do
look up issues are also kept in the dark by the media.The media is corporate owned so they telecast the corporate canidates.If you notice there are no third party canidates in the debates so the people think they have just two choices.
This works really well for the corporations.The people wanted an end to the war so they voted in democrats.The war still rages.The people did not want the bailout but it passed anyhow.Neither of the two branchs of the corporate party pay any attention to the people except to get re-elected.The media tells them pretty much who they get.I've pretty much decided not even bothering to vote as no third party has a chance and I refuse to vote for a corporate canidate.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by justxxme

Whether are not these people you spoke with are ignorant or uneducated shouldn't sum up McCain's qualifications. Personally, I think you're uneducated if you feel that Obama is qualified. I am in college, and spent 6 months working in the United States Senate, working hand and hand with both of the candidates, and also spent time talking with Biden as well. Obama has NOTHING on McCain. But all you people who think "CHANGE" sounds good...go out and vote for it then, but personally, I think you're stupid. Go ahead and vote with your "heart" and what sounds good. However, let's think with our head. McCain has proven many times over, and I have witnessed first hand from those 6 months--he's the man ready to jump right into the middle of a dilemma to solve it for the better of our country, whether or not it's the favorable choice. However, these things don't get documented or highlighted in the papers. An example of this would be the "Nuclear Option" in 2005. (www.washingtontimes.com...) He does the right thing--whether that means making people unhappy.

Look at the facts. Look at the experience. Look at the man who consistently steps across the aisle to get things done. Liberal Obama, as much as he tries to hide it, doesn't show much of a strong record in this field. We can't accomplish anything without reaching across the aisle--SOMETHING JOHN MCCAIN DOESNT NEED TO PROMISE HE WILL DO, but HAS A CONSISTENT RECORD OF DOING WHAT'S BEST FOR COUNTRY TO GET THINGS DONE.
www.washingtontimes.com...
This is an article to back up the facts. ^

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join