It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did God Create Man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Of all the questions I have to ask on my faith, there is one that remains unanswered. Why did God create Man at all? He in his Omniscience would have known of the bloodshed and misery that Man would spread throughout the Earth and He would have known of the fate of each individual, yet he still went ahead with the Creation of a pretty useless hunk of sentient meat. Any sensible answers welcomed...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why did God create my Cat or Dog? Yet I am glad they are here. God wants to share it with us as his children. the gladness my animals bring to me, much more we bring to God if we use our free wills correctly.

btw very sincere you are.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

If he so glad to have us why banish us to hell?I am also glad of my pets and even when my cat peed on my hoodie or my childhood dog bit me i never once thought of making them suffer for eternity because they knew no better.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
free will.

people in hell choose it and this is something you will have to wait and see. The people in hell don't want to serve and what they do on earth is far worse then an animal acting on instinct.

peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
That is such a cop out.How can we have free will when god knows everything huh?If he knew before i was born that i was going to hell why even bother creating me?Is he some cruel, sick puppet master.
How can i have free will when my path is already laid.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I Think personal that God had a great sense of humor. Because really if you where up in heaven and saw all the things we do like rats in a maze trying to do whats right. I mean i would spend most of my life in heaven laughing my butt off. Maybe we where a bad science experiment. Who knows we are here and God only knows when we are going home or what is going to happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

Here is part of what Wikipedia says about omniscience:

There is a distinction between:
inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
and
total omniscience - actually knowing everything that can be known.
Some modern theologians argue that God's omniscience is inherent rather than total, and that God chooses to limit his omniscience in order to preserve the freewill and dignity of his creatures. Certain theologians of the 16th Century, comfortable with the definition of God as being omniscient in the total sense, in order for worthy beings' abilities to choose freely, embraced the doctrine of predestination.

I would have to go with the first definition, concerning God. I believe God limited himself because He decided to be an active member of His creation and did not make everything from outside of it. He actually became a manifest being inside the universe. So He had to follow the same rules as the rest of the inhabitants. He could be omniscient as to knowing what happened or was happening, but was guessing about the future, except for what he planned to do, Himself.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The short answer is that he/she'd be very bored without us here to worship him/her.

The long answer depends upon one's faith... Everybody has a different take on the teaching of the bible, specifically the book of Genesis where creation of man and the Earth is described. My beliefs are categorized in a new stream of Christian belief called Neo-Creationism, what I believe about why we're here is extremely different from a normal Christian's view on the same topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

A question to my believe (when I really have one like a 'religion') is:

Why did man created god..?

(no offence, all respect to people who have faith as in believing in a religion)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
God made man to glorify Him.

its really that simple. And He knows Honoring Him can be quite rewarding. However Eve begged to differ ...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Maybe you should reverse your question into:-

Why did man create god?

Which, when looked at logically and rationally, seems to be the case.

G

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe our definition of "God" is all wrong. I believe that "God", in the begining was a being of pure thought and pure energy. Imagine if you were born with none of your five senses. Just your mind. Then imagine you had the power to create those senses (the big bang). I believe "God" IS the universe itself, and we are merely extentions of this divine being trying to understand itself. We are merely one of those senses, and yes, we have free will so that all things can be experienced. "God" doesn't live outside of science. Quantum String theory actually explains this existance and the higher dimensions where energy vibrates at a higher level. The universe is comprised of energy, it's all connected, including us mere mortal humans!

top topics

join