It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunks apology to some members

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
O.k i was a bit harsh with the 1 line warns i'd like to apologize to those memebers who didnt really deserve deducted points,i will see if i can get them back for you.

Guess i have to grovel to SO then.
Especially to ShiftTrio he/she added a link

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by drunk]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Don't worry about it man! All those points just go to our head anyway.

I think you should take away points just for the privilege of having them.

Just an idea,
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Power trips from drunk? Who'da thunk it?

I didn't receive a warning from you so you're not on my sh*t list.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
Power trips from drunk? Who'da thunk it?

I didn't receive a warning from you so you're not on my sh*t list.

Think your right there Bangin i got a power trip from in future i will stay awy from the stuff on ATS!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
O.k i was a bit harsh with the 1 line warns i'd like to apologize to those memebers who didnt really deserve deducted points,i will see if i can get them back for you.

Guess i have to grovel to SO then.
Especially to ShiftTrio he/she added a link

though I wasn't affected by any of your antics (I think... someone DID delete a thread that demonstrated the unreliability of TypeT, but also it was off-topic), I want to say thank you for being human and wonderful enough for coming out and admitting your remorse, while also asking for apology. im not kissing moderator butt, as I don't do that, but I am rewarding you for your compassion. Us caring people are a dying breed, my friend.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Drunk,

You didn�t penalize me, but I wanted to say a few words. My respect for you just increased 10 fold. Most people would have just swept their mistake under the rug somewhere. You not only realized your mistake but you are taking responsibility for it and apologizing in a very public way. It takes a person with �strong moral fiber� and �class� to do what you have done. Good Job!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Drunk, you're a good moderator. Don't let these guys make you think you made a mistake. You enforced the board policy, and that's what moderators do. I have respect for you for doing your job.

I made a four word post. It was a good one, and it was well worth the 50 points. Feel free to chastise me at any time, for any reason.

Other than that, we should get a beer...

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Cheers everyone i just dont want peeps to think i dont care about my mistakes, and i dont want members to think i am a powercrazy Mod O.K i today i dished out a few 1 line warns to some members 1 or 2 didnt deserve what they got,i guess i was getting a power rush and it went to my head.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"You didn�t penalize me, but I wanted to say a few words. My respect for you just increased 10 fold. Most people would have just swept their mistake under the rug somewhere. You not only realized your mistake but you are taking responsibility for it and apologizing in a very public way. It takes a person with �strong moral fiber� and �class� to do what you have done. Good Job!"

how do we know he's not drunk now?

joking lol
good mods do exist...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Perhaps the next time you feel another "power trip" coming on you could apply my personal strategy for "work." Whenever I feel like I should be actually doing some work I sit down, take a few deep breaths, try to relax, and wait for the feeling to pass.

Seriously, I have read lots of your posts and comments and you seem a very reasonable person, so I have trouble thinking ill of you. Then again, you didn't take any points from me, either.

Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We forgive you drunk.
Whoops, better add in some more words - I don't want a penalty lol.
Like the others, at least you're big enough to admit things.
Here ya go, have one on me

regards
flc

[Edited on 22/3/04 by funlovincriminal]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Its really my fault, I left the staff wine cellar unlocked.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Spectre: "my personal strategy for "work." Whenever I feel like I should be actually doing some work I sit down, take a few deep breaths, try to relax, and wait for the feeling to pass."

That's my stategy too, but I work for the government so it might actually be policy.

Oops, forgot to mention, never had a problem, Drunk, be cool.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
At least your man enough to start a thread to apologise drunk. Ultra_Pheonix did so unfairly to me a week or two ago and when I contacted him about it he never got back to me.

It pretty much pissed me off actually.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I can see that...

FADE from BLACK

SCENE: We see DRUNK sitting at a computer desk cluttered with PAPERS, CDs strewn around, BOTTLE of fine red wine, ASHTRAY with burning cigarette, lit only by a single, small DESK LAMP. DRUNK is sipping wine from a WINE GLASS...

DRUNK: "Gee, a lot of short posts today."

FADE to BLACK

FADE from BLACK

Same SCENE: Now we see DRUNK drinking straight from the bottle of wine. Wine glass is tipped over on the desk, and the ashtray is now full of half-smoked cigarettes. Room is smoky.

GRADUAL ZOOM and CENTER on DRUNK

DRUNK: (Somewhat angry) "What the.... haven't these people even bothered to read the board guidelines?"

FADE to BLACK

FADE from BLACK

Same SCENE: Desk covered with bottles of wine from fine Pinot to Boone's Farm. Ashtray overflowing with cigarette butts. We see DRUNK drinking straight from a fifth of Wild Turkey. His hair is messed, and he is sweating profusely. He is angry.

CUT to CLOSE UP of DRUNK's face

DRUNK: (Violently seething with anger) "WHAT....! DeltaChaos you IDIOT. What the hell did that mean, anyway?! Doesn't anybody THINK anymore?! WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE BANDWIDTH?!"

CUT to CENTER on DRUNK

DRUNK: (Calmer, still angry, slurring speech) "That's it! You people haven't earned any of your points today. IF EVER! (with angry middle-eastern accent) NO POINTS FOR YOU...... ONE YEAR!!!"

DRUNK manipulates mouse and keyboard erratically and maniacally.

FADE to BLACK

FADE from BLACK

SCENE: Half open WINDOW with morning sunlight blazing in. We hear birds singing, chirping.

CUT to CLOSE UP of DRUNK's face

We see DRUNK. Slowly opening his eyes, drool from corner of mouth into puddle on pillow. He moans from the pain of his headache. His eyes POP open quickly and he sits up as if something were terribly wrong.

DRUNK: (Look of fear) "OH......MY.......GOD! What have I DONE?!"

CUT to BLACK

CREDITS Roll

So, Drunk, was that something like what actually happened?

DeltaChaos

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As a newer member I haven't really been chastised too much except for the appropriate "keep it in a single thread" type responses. I appreciate the role of the moderator and I liken it to that of a system administrator. To keep the system or forum running smoothly and respectably we (the users) need the administrator or moderator. I think we all get involved in our work sometimes and yes, anybody can get carried away. Like others have said however, it takes a bigger man or woman to offer an apology and invite criticism.

In my opinion, Drunk has demonstrated the way a moderator should behave. Mistakes will be made and the more mature person will admit to them, take their lumps and move on. Good job Drunk.

I'm not even going to ask how you picked your handle or how it was given to you.......
I just like to see the better side of humanity in action, even if it's on a website.

Donny

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Basically yeah without the booze (unfortunately) and no ashtray cos i dont smoke, # your good Delta.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the apology. I appreciate it greatly. I did feel the docking I received was a little unwarranted. I had responed to another members comments with two sentances on a thread I began. This thread illustrates you are a man of impectable character to realize overzelousness and straighten it out. Good for the soul and karma. I raise my glass to you Drunk!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
good on you drunk

I had noticed you were getting a little over eager with your mod duties , I thought it was quite funny but then I wasn't on the receiving end of it.
but well done for admitting your mistakes.
we all love you drunk , I think you are forgiven

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
oh no my precious points

I demand a tax return!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join