It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will America's WMD's be secured in the comming breakdown of society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm sure our wonderful, ever so thoughtful government has already thought this through.

Does any one know how America's nuclear, biological and chemical weapons will be secured in the anarchy to follow a governmental failure?

Will they be used to make sure that they don't fall into the wrong hands or sold on the black market to make sure that indivual military installations remain at least partially funded?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
When is the coming breakdown of society?

And why has no one informed me officially?
I have things to do im afraid there will be no time for break downs of society.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Does any one know how America's nuclear, biological and chemical weapons will be secured in the anarchy to follow a governmental failure?

It's sort of like a twised version of Mutually Assured Destruction. Their "insurance policy" against the failure of our government is to threaten the world with this very scenario. The rest of the world can't let America fail, unless they want the proliferation of, and most likely the widespread use of such weapons.

I wonder more what would happen if the bulk of human population were to suddenly be wiped out by say, a naturally ocurring superbug or something. Who would be there to maintain and service these weapons and storage facilities simply in order to prevent natural decay from spilling death into the environment. You can't just leave a nuclear missile sitting in the ground forever before it starts to leak, for example.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
I'm sure our wonderful, ever so thoughtful government has already thought this through.

Will they be used to make sure that they don't fall into the wrong hands or sold on the black market to make sure that indivual military installations remain at least partially funded?

There is a sub-infrastructure commonly known as the military - the US is not Pakistan, or former Soviet satellite states. A bteakdown of society has no bearing on the way nukes are handled ... unless an outside entity such as Russia, China, etc has caused the breakdown in society. If that's the case, those who are guilty of causing the problem have everything to fear and absolutley no hope.
It would not be like there is a diplomat in place to keep the "birds" from flying. Oh no, There would be hell to pay and the military would be rather zealous to see to it that the guilty parties pay ion much worse ways that the US.

Who knows, whenit's over maybe Uganda will be the only state still standing.

[edit on 9-20-2008 by intelgurl]

top topics

join