It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Racial views steer some white Dems away from Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So, now, you're changing it from "Republicans never talk about it" to "elected Republican officials never talk about it"... I see.

Bah!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You're going to complain about a parties use of scare tactics?

May I remind you of this attitude:

Theoretical Question: "What will you do for the economy?"

Answer: "Well, 9/11..."

The door swings both ways. Most liberals are not accusing of racism. While race will play a role on both sides, most on either side aren't making accusations. But some conservatives are calling blacks racist, some liberals are calling conservatives racist.

They are idiots though. Quit propagating this yellow journalism garbage, RR. I know you have a brain, and I know that you know that discussing this dirt is not helpful to the country.

So I will continue to ask you to quit. It probably won't help, but I'll continue it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just to further my point of only "elected" Democrats being the party that talks about race.

blogs.abcnews.com...

"If Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention," said Hastings. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."

Typical....but still disgusting. So if someone believes in the 2nd Amendment and likes to hunt...they don't care about Jews and blacks? Does anyone think this might drive a few more white Democrats away from Obama?

[edit on 25-9-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

That's not what was said. While it may not have been the most politically correct comment, he did not say people who own guns don't care about blacks or jews. Clearly he was talking about more country people who don't really even live around more ethnic and urban areas.

Not sure if you are able to comprehend that through the partisan filter you've imposed over the world.

Though I agree. Republicans and democrats (especially) need to quit bringing up race. This entire race is getting silly, and with McCain bowing out of the debate, I am afraid we will never get to see any discussion of real issues before the election.

I do want to point out that the previous accusations against the Obama camp for bringing up race (though I don't know his "camp" ever did) out of desperation has been proven completely untrue. He now stands ahead of McCain by a good margin in popular vote polls and an almost dead heat in state by state polls (electoral college votes) - according to pollster.com.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Sublime620]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join