It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half Of Americans Believe In Angels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsEnigma
Angels, demons, aliens, same thing...

Interdimensional, Not interplanetary

Interesting. Viewed in that context, perhaps it is not so much of a stretch. If one subscribes to parrellel universes and multiple dimensions, then perhaps these are archetypes of intelligences that are just percieved / defined differently according to one's upbringing?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If one subscribes to parrellel universes and multiple dimensions, then perhaps these are archetypes of intelligences that are just percieved / defined differently according to one's upbringing?

I somewhat agree with this. Having studied anomalous experiences across all genres, I am convinced that these are largely a manifestation of our collective unconscious. These things change with time to fit the themes and memes of the culture. It's even true of the near death experiences (which are rife with "beings"); Western cultures see angels and hooded figures and other cultures (Thai for example) see yamatoots and "beings" appropriate to their culture and beliefs.

A careful study of these phenomenon with reveal that these things are not quite "literal" in the same sense that you a I are.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There are no angels, only flying devils. When they are flying (are away from sight), they do bad things. When they are seen, they do good things. They are rarely seen.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I live with someone who belives in this stuff and to me some of these religious beliefs are anywhere from delusional to flat out insane.

And yet these people vote in large numbers because thier orginized through mass gatherings at a place of obsession.

When someones vote is decided by which canidate talks to god the most it's pretty damn scary. One of these days were gonna end up with a real wack job in office not that is hasnt happend already but I'm talking way worse. Who knows maybe he's come out of Jerry Farwells collage.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Interesting indeed.

At any given time half of us are crazy though! LOL! (Not necessarily the believers either!)
Nice find.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
angels demons and aliens, well you can only put it down to personal experience, if you aint seen it then obviously you aint gonna believe it, and if you dont believe it you aint gonna see it, as simple as that...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I want to live next to you. I'm serious. Save me from the insanity of this planet.

Interdimensional, parallel universes? Huh, what? Do you even know what that means? Can you prove it? We're getting no where fast.

The same can be said about interdimensional chocolate monsters and inside out Humans in parallel universes. No rational foundation, no logic, no fact, no reason. Just speculation and craziness from where? What we're supposed to be denying.

Wantsome, I'm single and male.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I awoke out of deep anesthesia during a 'procedure' to a voice not of my own telling the dr he was about to punch a hole in my colon and I would bleed to death in my sleep that night.

He asked who it was. It said the 'watcher'. He told some 260 lb male nurse to shut me up. I remember he came to the head of my OR bed and I/it told him 'you lay one finger on me, and I'll come back and chew your face off'.

I corroborated story with surgeon days later. By the way, that nurse turned about like on heelies.

More than likely some terrible reaction to the anesthesia, but, things that make you go hmm.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A few years ago I wrote a college thesis paper about the paranormal. Part of my paper included this, which I thought was EXTREMELY interesting....

According to David Moore of Gallup News Service, Gallup polls conducted by Princeton University show that 3 in 4 Americans believe in the paranormal on some level. The poll also brings another interesting concept

Fig.1. David W. Moore, Gallup News Service 16 June 2005: A1

to bear. While most people may not believe in hauntings in general, 1 in 3 people do believe in the phenomenon. Another astonishing fact, according to CNN.com, “LONDON, England (AP) Of 2,012 people who completed a questionnaire, 68 percent said they believed in the existence of ghosts and spirits, while 55 percent said they believed in the existence of God”. This means that of the 2,012 peopled polled in the UK, more people actually believe in ghosts and spirits than God.

I'm not sure about more recent polls because I haven't checked since I did the research for my paper but it isn't at all surprising that half of Americans believe in angels when you take all of these other polls into account. If nothing else, it surely is interesting.. Of coarse, polls and statistics can be tweaked to make the results sound favorable to one side or another. I think most people know that. But the simple numbers speak for themselves as far as angels and the paranormal goes.. And when you take into account the fact that people are, largely, unwavering on their spiritual views and views of the world beyond that any answer is going to be a true and honest answer based on personal beleifs.

-ChriS

[edit on 22-9-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 22-9-2008 by BlasteR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join