Sec. 9. Termination of Authority.
The authorities under this Act, with the exception of authorities granted in sections 2(b)(5), 5 and 7, shall terminate two years from the date of enactment of this Act.
(5) issuing such regulations and other guidance as may be necessary or appropriate to define terms or carry out the authorities of this Act.
Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by andy1033
Andy, its not THAT complicated. I beleive it says
for us to go stuff ourselves. Its over. Lets see how the "talking" heads spin this one, huh?
Originally posted by Mainer
No court may review their decisions? Does that not circumvent the checks and balances of the Constitution?
Paulson's real motive is to preempt the regulatory sledgehammer that is set to descend on the entire financial industry following the 2008 election. There's growing fear that a President Obama may tote his firehose down to Wall Street and flush out some of the debris that has collected in the market's dark corners.
If Paulson's plan is approved in its present form, Congress will have even less control over the financial system than it does now and the same group of self-serving banking mandarins who created the biggest equity bubble in history will be able to administer the markets however they choose without the annoyance of government supervision. That's exactly what Treasury Secretary and his pals at the Fed want; unlimited power with no accountability.
We need ANYONE with connections in the following areas and we need them NOW:
1. Media (of any kind anywhere)
2. Judges, Attorneys, Academics
4. ANYONE of any stature or power in Washington DC
We need this now. Even if all you can offer is you know someone who knows someone's brother's dog....
We have 72 hours before Hank Paulson takes charge of $800Billion with NO OVERSIGHT, INCLUDING THE ELIMINATION OF ANY POWER OF THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES TO STOP THIS.
YES. YOU READ THIS CORRECTLY.
Read the text for yourself: www.foxnews.com...
Pay attention to Section 2 Paragraph (b) and Section 8.
Section 8 neuters the SCOTUS completely.
Congress is so scared because of what Paulson and Ben have told them, that they are afraid NOT to. On the other hand, we have it on good authority that many of them are scared to death to neuter the judiciary arm of our government. (As they damn well should be...)
We are right now:
1. Preparing a paper which is going to Congress pointing out each and every every action Hank & Ben have directed Congress to take, which turned out to be not only completely ineffective, but each and every lie they told to get what they wanted. This will be complete with footnotes to DIRECT QUOTES.
2. Preparing a 30-second video aimed at Congress to get the message out NOW. We hope to get this aired on NATIONAL TV ANY WAY WE CAN!
3. A website which will have the entirety of #1 posted where all media and Congress can read it for themselves.
It is understandable if you have these connections and do not want to identify yourself. Please PM me (NOT KARL-he is unavailable right now) and I assure you, that you will remain anonymous.
I also need:
1. A team of people who are willing to compile and write up #1. There is already a good head start on this in General, I believe.
2. A team of people willing to help with trying to contact media through 'normal' channels. This will be a difficult endeavor, but we need it done in case there is no one with 'inside' leverage.
If this Legislation is passed, make no doubt, THIS IS nothing less than a complete coup of our existing government structure. It is irreversible.
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities." Winston Churchill
Stop the Lies; Stop the Bailouts www.FedUpUSA.org...
Originally posted by Devin Townsend
I'm kinda having a hard time understanding the language of these passages for some reason, but I get the gist of it.
Complete and total economic control?
No one elected Paulson to do anything. He has no mandate. He is an industry rep. who has worked exclusively for a small group of wealthy investors who have put the entire country at risk with their toxic mortgage-backed bonds, their reckless Ponzi-type speculation, and their off-book chicanery. Paulson should be removed immediately and returned to his wolf's lair at G-Sax. If Bush is serious about straightening out Wall Street, then bring in Eliot Spitzer. He's available. And he'll do what it takes to clean house, that is, put a truncheon-wielding robo-cop in every trading-pit at the NYSE, and dispatch government accountants to every office of every CFO making sure they have a Big Red Pen in one hand and a taser in the other. That's the only way to get the attention of the bandit-class.
Originally posted by 38181
A new arm of the government that is UNTOUCHABLE
Originally posted by kosmicjack
It is so clear in retrospect that Spitzer was led to the outhouse by these people. Yes he had his proclivities but they absolutely used them to their advantage in order to remove the biggest obstacle in their way - him.
ATS was so close to connecting those dots last spring but Wall St. exhuberance at seeing him go down prevailed.