It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightening!!!!!! (Draft Bailout Bill)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Seriously kosmic????? Where do you live? Can it start that soon?

Can anyone who is out this weekend please check these types of things and report back here if they encounter anything of a similar nature?

Gas stations or retail outlets taking cash only, limits reduced at ATM's, etc.

Please be sure to state where in the US you are (at least the state if you are uncomfortable with being more specific).

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Thanks for clearing that up a little for me. I was hoping I was misunderstanding it but... I am really worried about all of this. I have a really bad feeling. I think my next move is to the store to buy some vegetable seeds and canned goods.. I think this is going to all fall apart very VERY fast and very hard. Lets say that this new "bill" does ease stock owners worries. How long before the bottom falls out?? Not to mention they put a ban on short selling like someone posted earlier.. This is no good... No good at all
And now they are basically taking control of mortgages. I think I read an Executive Order that is very similar to this bill and it was from the Patriot Act.. IMO there was a reason why they put all of that in the Patriot Act.. They seen this coming if not planned it themselves.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Publix grocery - Atlanta, GA: Lowered cash back limits.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, find your Representatives now and at least send them an email (though I expect their offices are open for the weekend).

Find Your Representative

You can also sign this petition and it wil be guaranteed to be faxed to your Representatives for you. It's electronic, but the confirmed ones are manually faxed. You need to sign it, then respond to the confirmation email you will get back, then they will send it out to everyone, your representatives, the candidates, and the white house I believe.

financialpetition.org...

[edit on 9/20/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.bloomberg.com... YV_qQ

^ THEN THERE'S THIS. I cant start a thread right now about it because i'm very upset.

Is this implying that Congress doesnt want to be involved and theres nothing they can do?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes DG - that's how they started the week. They were about to go home and just leave it in the hands of Bernake & Paulson. but now they have changed their tune (after admitting they didn't have a clue how to proceed under the circumstances). Your links aren't working but I am fairly certain this is what you are referring to.

What I want to know is who really drafted this. For instance it is public knowledge by now the Housing Bailout was all but drafted by one Bank, and the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act was basically drafter by Citi's top man during the Clinton error (oops - freudian slip -
) era.

Do not get confused here though, this is not a partisan thing by any means. Both sides of the political spectrum have had their hands in the cookie jar, perhaps why they are all deferring now to the people they let allow the mess?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yeah, this is really, really not good.

I think it's time I make the difficult call to my grandparents and tell them to move their life savings somewhere safer than the bank it's in now. They were both children during the Depression; this is going to scare them to pieces.
I have no idea where they should move it though. We've been talking about T-bills, but even that doesn't seem quite so safe to me anymore....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am composing an E-mail already with Congress.org and I am sending the letter right now.

I have been lucky enough to get personal E-mail back from my representatives acknowledging my mails.

I guess I have been doing this long enough to get noticed.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
More links to your elected officials:

www.senate.gov...

www.house.gov...

If anyone actually calls, report back and let us know if you get through, so otheres will know whether to waste their time if their offices aren't staffed for this weekend, in which case I recommend using the petition I linked to above, cause I know Denninger will definately keep flooding their faxes as he gets them.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg - what's your secret, I never get a response

Of course at the very least we can tell them if they vote for this they are definately NOT getting re-elected. The Candidates need to hear this too.

It may be too late, but it's worth a try. I heard Schumers office last week was getting pretty annoyed with staf responses being, shall we say, less than pleasant. (I think they forgot we pay them to work for us).

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well thank you, Relentless, for posting the draft and for adding the petition.

I do not know if I can agree with ALL the points enough to sign it, (I dont have enough knowledge at the moment to say) but I appreciate your putting it there. Perhaps after some research I will be able to sign it.

In the meantime, I think I will send an email to whomever is appropriate regarding the wording of that draft. I definitely want the language that will not allow review by court of law out.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Marg, i hate to say it but you're probably getting back just form letters ?

How do i know i wont get in trouble for sending an email or making a phone call???

Thanks, OP. yes, i was referring to that. Gives you a warm cozy feeling for them to even consider turning their backs on all of us.

They're all in on it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Just do the E-mails with congress.org after been doing that for about a year I already have two letters from my Representatives on issues that I have addressed to them personally in the last few months alone.

It works to be patient and consistent.

Plus when you get the letters on issues that you don't like and they vote against, it makes you feel good.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
One more thing? If this is all geared up for the worse of our nightmares,
there wont be any Congress or local government agencies as we know them.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dg, how can you say that you are going to get in trouble for contacting the people that is elected for the people?

Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are supposed to work for us.

I am not afraid of them and I tell them how I feel, if we all are going to get scare of our for the people supposedly elected government no wonder why they are no working for the people anymore.

Common Dg I have been doing this for over a year and I am still at home and has not been taken to Guantanamo yet

I am not insulting them just telling how I feel.

Plus Congress.org, will keep you inform on all the issues and legislations affecting our nations and us and you can read what others feel about too and they are not afraid of posting their views either.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Marg,
Youre right. I'm sending mine.
I'll let you know what i get.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
I have no idea where they should move it though. We've been talking about T-bills, but even that doesn't seem quite so safe to me anymore....

I am struggling with that myself. I think it is too late for gold. The prices are pretty high, though that is Ron Pauls favorite thing. A stable foreign currency comes to mind too. I am afraid to even have my money sitting in dollars at the moment, as this is likely to devalue the dollar more than it already is.

The only stock I have that is actually doing well is BRKB. Good old Warren Buffet. I am bailing out of the market, except for that one stock, foolish as that may be, even though I have taken a bit of a beating. I have been willing to ride the roller coaster before, but this time, I decided to cut my losses. I can live with what I have already lost, but I dont want to see the whole thing go down the toilet. Of course the experts say dont sell when you are down, but, the experts are the ones that by and large have created this mess.

I think this time I am going with my gut and disregarding the expert advice. Not that I am in ANY WAY suggesting that is a wise course of action. Everyone needs to figure out their own comfort level with risk and mine is naturally a bit on the low side. I dont even ride roller coasters at the fair.

Generally speaking, I always regret it more when I ignore my gut instinct and let my head talk me into or out of a course of action.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

without regard to any other provision of law regarding public contracts;

Those silly laws... they are there for losers!

In exercising the authorities granted in this Act, the Secretary shall take into consideration means for--

(2) protecting the taxpayer.

Well THAT'S funny! Yes, enlarging the debt by 800 billions to do that sure helps the taxpayer! And all those deficits sure helps the taxpayer, and the corruption, the iraq war, the fed wreckless policies... it's a joke.

The Secretary’s authority to purchase mortgage-related assets under this Act shall be limited to $700,000,000,000 outstanding at any one time

Yeah. 700 billions... and when something is doing good... selling it to your buddies, and buying more useless crap.

Remember how the IRS deals with those who don't pay? Yeah, well now that most banking industry is under government control, I wouldn't be suprised if we would see debter prisons again like in the 30s... even if they already exists... after all you go to jail if you don't pay the IRS even if it's unconstitutional... the bank can't make you pay if you declare bankrupt, but the government ALWAYS gets you.

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

Neat. No review by outsiders. Except a in-a-three-months review by the bought and paid for congress... NEAT.

Subsection (b) of section 3101 of title 31, United States Code, is amended by striking out the dollar limitation contained in such subsection and inserting in lieu thereof $11,315,000,000,000.

Good for you america, now your debt is 11.3 trillions! I'm kidding of course... your government is doing it for your own good... NOT.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
People this election year here are the E-mails to your two political candidates they will be read as they are now trying to keep the voters happy.

Barack Obama

my.barackobama.com...

John McCain

www.johnmccain.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I think as an outsider and european, that it has to do with the introduction of the new currency, the Amero, they create a problem, the big financial crises witch is about air and no real money is involved, they take over company's and nationalize them (control them). they scare the # out of the people and they demand action.When this crisis hits the bottom, they'l introduce you the new plan they've been working on for years the coöperation between Canada, the US and Mexico.
They use(d) the same scaretactics in Europe while sneaky introduced the Euro.
A coin they say everybodys happy about but in reality halved our wages and doubled the prices, together with a great instream of cheap foreighn labourworkers , The easteuropeans and marocans and Turks.They take our dutch pride away , buy saying there's nothing typical dutch. The rich queens son married to a argentinian girl who's father was in the same governement who threw prisonres out of helicopters.
This will also happen in your land with the cheap mexicans and other people, Everybody stays alive but will no loger bee free and certenly not The American Dream because they take that away from you. So revolte now you still can,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join