It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightening!!!!!! (Draft Bailout Bill)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I know we have to do something, but is buying all the bad mortgages at inflated prices from banks that make poor loans the right way to go about this??

Let's see.............. lets use taxpayer money to bail out these banks so they can again loan money to us, the Taxpayers? Anyone see something wrong with that? How about the taxpayers just loan the money to ourselves and the interest could go to the Government instead. I personally have NO FAITH whatsoever that the Banks will do things right, the NEXT time. My head hurts just thinking about this.

And on top of that lets just take the banks crappy loans and not have the shareholders or executives really have to pay for making such poor decisions.

I just don't get it.

There has to be a better way.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Fascists, communists.... come on "gimme a break". They're just thugs, folks. Just call 'em the Mafia. That term would work better than all those fancy poli-sci labels. A Scorsese flick showing Jack Nicholson leaning on the peasants is probably a good image to keep in mind when analyzing the "government's" economic bailout of the thugs who run your country. Or even better... focus on and maintain the image in Scorsese's Goodfellas flick of the mafia thugs incessant maniacal laughing while they kick the crap out of the frightened citizens within their turf. The pecking order is being "maintained".....

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

I believe that the government is giving big corporations more control than they should have. That is definitely wrong!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The first part caught my attention a. " any financial institution having its headquarters in the United States" Sounds like another out. Move you headquarters out of the country. Noticed that General Electric moved its financial headquarters GE Money to London, England this year.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

GE isn't a financial institution, unless they started running banks and such. They don't include outside the country because why should we bail out banks outside the US?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hakii
Well, I read it but all that legal talk makes no sense to me. So much legal jargon put in bills nowadays. Even the above average intelligent person cant figure out what it all breaks down to for us, the citizen. Could someone please break it down for us non legal savvy people? It sounds like something bad. But i want to know what it REALLY means.

I read the frist few line and gave up , I gues lawyers serve a purpose after all

: Edit to add :

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Hakii]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join