It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 40 killed by bomb at Islamabad's Marriott

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

At least 40 killed by bomb at Islamabad's Marriott

www.reuters.com

ISLAMABAD, Sept 20 (Reuters) - A car bomb exploded outside the Marriott in the Pakistani capital Islamabad on Saturday, killing at least 40 people and starting a fire which swept through the hotel.
"A car laden with explosives rammed the gate at the Marriott and so far we have brought out 40 dead bodies, but the number could well be higher," police chief Asghar Raza Gardazi said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I thought someone else would have posted this...but I don't see it. Seems like terrorism is heating up as the election draws near. Sometimes I think the terrorists want a Republican to win...Osama got exactly what he wanted after 9/11. He wanted us to invade Middle Eastern countries, ruin our economy, spread our military thin and destroy our world standing.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
the violent are an end upon themselves. Its sad that innocent bystanders die in wars of aggression. The thing to ask is not just who, but why. why really..

by the way yellowcard, is that name a reference to yellow journal?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Two US embassies had bombing incidents in the last week as well. Mushareff shuffles off and now we begin UAV bombings in Pakistan days later. I would say things are heating up.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
the violent are an end upon themselves. Its sad that innocent bystanders die in wars of aggression. The thing to ask is not just who, but why. why really..

by the way yellowcard, is that name a reference to yellow journal?

Innocent bystanders make up 99% of the worlds population, that means you, me and the majority of people we all know !!!!

So it is not sad that innocent bystanders get killed, it is murder

Wolfie

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
So it is not sad that innocent bystanders get killed, it is murder

Wolfie

As the saying goes something like "a thousand deaths is a statistic, a single death is a tragedy"

Originally posted by mastermind77by the way yellowcard, is that name a reference to yellow journal?

No, I don't even know what that is, I know what yellow journalism is though.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hotel Marriott seems to be collapsing. There was apparently a gas leak, making it worse.

It's from here (in norwegian)

[edit on 2008/9/20 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Sounds totally like a CIA/ISI type false flag to justify massive crackdown and cross border incursions by US troops to 'protect' pakistan from the terror within its borders! The whole thing reeks of another inside job!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

this is not the first attack at this hotel last year in June a suicide bomber killed one security guard luckily there was not massive damage but this time they got a big dumper truck carrying about 1 ton of explosive and rammed into main entry, several hand grenade were also used that resulted massive damage to the hotel and all the surrounding buildings.... it would be too ridiculous to say that it's inside job of secret agencies, it's not the first attack of its kind.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Generally speaking a false flag op should have significant media presence to be worth it so to speak.

Beyond that Pakistan is in a domestic meltdown... exacerbated by combat drones in their airspace and etc... plenty of simple reasons this bombing could have happened...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I just want to say that I'm really surprised the ATS community isn't all over this particular news item.

It's as if there are so many tragedies happening on all sides that we don't know where to look, like a very sinister fireworks display.

I don't even know what else to say about this.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Its because things like this happens all the time in Pakistan. Just from the last year (taken from a timeline article at Reuters:

October 19 - At least 139 people killed in suicide bomb attack on Benazir Bhutto's motorcade as the former prime minister is driven through Karachi after arriving home from eight years of exile. The attack is one of the deadliest in Pakistan's history.

November 24 - Twin suicide car bomb attacks kill 15 people in Rawalpindi, on the eve of the return of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif from exile in Saudi Arabia.

December 21 - A suicide bomber kills at least 41 people in a mosque in northwest Pakistan during Eid festival prayers.

December 27 - Bhutto is killed in a gun and bomb attack after a rally in Rawalpindi. At least 16 others are killed in the attack.

Dec 31 - Violence flares as angry supporters of Bhutto take to the streets. The death toll of people killed in riots reaches 47.

January 7, 2008 - Al Qaeda-linked militants in northwest Pakistan attack two offices of a government-sponsored peace movement and kill eight people.

January 10 - A suicide bomber walks up to policemen stationed outside the High Court in Lahore and set off explosives. Nineteen people are killed, 16 policemen and 3 passers-by.

February 29 - A suicide attack on a police funeral in the district of Swat kills 40 people.

March 2 - At least 40 people are killed when a suicide bomber attacks a traditional tribal meeting in the tribal region of Darra Adam Kheil.

March 11 - Two suicide car bombers strike, killing 24 people, most of them in an attack on a government security office in Lahore.

March 15 - A bomb attack at an Italian restaurant in Islamabad, a favorite hangout for foreigners, kills a Turkish woman and wounds several others, including four FBI agents.

June 2 - A suicide bomber blows up a car outside the Danish embassy in Islamabad, killing at least six people.

July 6 - About 18 people are killed in a suicide attack on police guarding Islamists who were marking the anniversary of an army commando raid on the Red Mosque in Islamabad.

Aug 12 - Thirteen people are killed and 10 wounded in a bomb attack, claimed by the Taliban, on an air force bus in the northwestern city of Peshawar.

Aug 19 - A suspected suicide bomber kills 23 people in the compound of a hospital in Dera Ismail Khan, 280 km southwest of Islamabad, as Shi'ite Muslims were protesting against the killing of a leader.

Aug 21 - Two suicide bombers blow themselves up outside the main defense industry complex in Wah, 30 km northwest of Islamabad. Nearly 50 people are killed and about 70 wounded.

September 20 - A suicide truck bomber attacks the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad on Saturday, killing at least 52 people.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Why isn’t anyone saying the obvious here...
Pakistan have refused NATO forces access to its tribal area's because of sovereignty.

All of a sudden these militias, the same militia they are helping by not allowing a nato intervention, attack them at a major 'foreigners' hotspot.

Seems we needed to 'convince' Pakistan the threats worthy.

Tell me, why wouldn’t this terrorist, attack a 'real' western target, like American forces in its tribal area's.. or the headquarters of government..

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
maybe becasu US military installation are better protected and surveilled than a hotel?

And to all of you saying that this is just a false flag i'd say you to stop reading all that cospirancy garbage book.
The terrorism is real as well as fanatic muslims living in pakistan who are growing in numbers.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
And furthermore if we dont stop these insane muslims to spread around the world,in few years our leaders will be like these

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by primamateria
Sounds totally like a CIA/ISI type false flag to justify massive crackdown and cross border incursions by US troops to 'protect' pakistan from the terror within its borders! The whole thing reeks of another inside job!

Yeah totally! Any type of crime that involves a bomb is always an inside job, you are totally right, everything is an inside job. Evil or motive is nonexistent in this world!

You people need to grow up and stop living in la la land.

Originally posted by umbracode
And furthermore if we dont stop these insane muslims to spread around the world,in few years our leaders will be like these

I'm glad that you actually believe that terrorists exist, but all Muslims aren't evil. In fact many years ago most Muslims were not as extreme as they were, it's a new movement...it's kinda like the Christian Evangelical movement...with bombs. But again, not all Muslims are evil, I know some Muslims that I consider friends, who disown the Muslims who believe that killing yourself or killing others is good.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
look who are the responsible for what happened

[edit on 21-9-2008 by umbracode]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode
maybe becasu US military installation are better protected and surveilled than a hotel?

And to all of you saying that this is just a false flag i'd say you to stop reading all that cospirancy garbage book.
The terrorism is real as well as fanatic muslims living in pakistan who are growing in numbers.

What about the fanatic Americans who believe you can kill the idea of terrorism by killing people? For everyone you kill, you create many more enemies. How would you react if someone came to your country and killed your people?

Oh wait, thats what 9/11 was. How did America react? Did 9/11 make you Americans afraid? What makes you think the muslims will be?

This whole thing is idiotic. All the fighting on this planet is idiotic, and the smart people are so taking advantage of your gullibility. Everyone who believes you can cure problems by wars are sheep to the elite.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

i'v never stated that "all muslims are fanatcis" in fact i was referring to "extremist" who in fact are the ones who are putting bombs against civilitians and want to have SHAria laws in pakistan,

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
They have hit this same hotel about 20 times in the past.
I think they should just close it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join