It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIRE IN THE SKIES: January 25, 1938

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In the evening of January 25, 1938, telephones across Europe were buzzing off the hooks. From Scandinavia to the Balkans, from Spain and the British Isles to the steppes of Russia, fire brigades were making rounds like crazy, chasing fires that were nowhere to be found.

It was only later that night and on the following morning that people realised what the »fire« in the sky above them really was:

January 25 1938

I was reminded of this memorable event (not that I was there to see it :-) by this post in another thread.

Because, needless to say, people were quick to read the blood-red sky as a an ominous sign of war.

On the other hand, so-called »skeptics« were equally quick to dismiss people's fears by telling of »many other« such events in the past that were also interpreted as ominous signs – and (allegedly) nothing happened.

But if you actually dig up accounts about those other »events«, it turns out that they were (as far as we can judge) nowhere as widespread or intensive as the 1938 one. (I have talked to people who HAD seen the aurora first hand; and they told me that not even the most vivid accounts exaggerated the impression of »blood« over the sky.)

Frankly, I don't see how on Earth an aurora borealis could be connected with mundane, political events.

But it is a fact – it may be (and probably is) a coincidence, but it IS also a fact – that only a few weeks later Hitler annexed Austria, hence starting the chain of events that led directly to WW II, a year and a half later.
(Which is why I also asked, in the other thread, whether there is some record of Hitler's reaction to the January 25 1938 aurora.)

I must say, though, that I am not entirely closed to the idea that nature MAY occasionally speak to people using its own, »natural« means.
After all, what do I know?

EDIT to add a link to a selection of contemporary articles:
A few 1938 articles about the A.B.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It is known that Hitler was interested in occult and astrology. He may have taken the event as a sign to start taking land.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

That's a very interesting take on it.

Now I am even more interested in finding any records about his possible reaction.

Anyone?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Most likely UFO flares like we have now on YouTube with
ships stuck in the sky.

And the ghost rockets, same thing.

From 1914 the sale of Tesla free enegy to Germany to 1938 is
24 years to develop the electrostatic saucer.

Same thing in developing the Atomic bombs by German.
From 1933 to 1943 must have been plenty of time.

So saucers by 1938 based on 1914 information is totally real.
Electrical momentum is easier to achieve and more powerful
than mechanical momentum.

ED: Northern Lights are a vertical curtain of lines of electron paths.
This was different, so it was not aurora borealis and the same fire
in the skies seen on YouTube. I have example in my favorites.

[edit on 9/20/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 9/20/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

But wouldn't the scientists at the time (and private observers) notice if there was something "strange" about those lights?
I haven't read all of those reports, but it sounds like they were pretty unanimous about it being the aurora borealis.
Surely the amateur meteorologists & astronomers, if nobody else, would have said something?

[edit on 20-9-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yes if you trust reports.

Just saying, either something is known and told not to say or left
up to a wrong conclusion.

A wrong conclusion is great for ones wishing to lie.
Just giving out my usual alternate conclusion.

ETs and HAARP wasn't invented yet in 1938.
Which sounds like present day conclusions.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow, thank you for this info. Never heard of it. I think that the only chance to see distant echo of Hitler's (or his group) reaction - it should appear in main Nazi newspaper of the time. Something that will speak of this event and what it will mean for Reich. This is my guess.
I do not speak German and have no real access to such a material . And it would be a time consuming task that might not achieve any result. however in my opinion - it is the only way to feel if/how this phenomena influenced decisions being made. By the way, my personal take on this - it probably did.
p.s - i found Austrian newspapers on-line. Site is in German so i cannot add anything. Plus all newspapers that i did search do not show war time issues, 1938 included. To prevent propaganda, i guess. But maybe in German libraries this stuff can be located?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Perhaps Henry Stevens should consider researching this event
if some external or man made cause was to attract attention to
German ingenuity and engineering.

Stevens has two German engineers looking into WWII German technology.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I am glad you find it useful, ZeroKnowledge, and thank you for attempting a search for German language reports.

(I assume that by Austrian newspapers online you meant the wonderful ANNO utility?
You're right: it stops at 1937...

Then again, it may really be just a question of slow digitising.)

I performed a little Google search including a few relevant German terms, but found nothing particularly useful - except for a copy of David Irving's book "Hitler's War", where the aurora of August 23, 1939 (the day when the Molotov-von Ribbentrop pact was signed) is briefly mentioned.
The aurora we're speaking of here is NOT mentioned.

So, at this point I'll only add another Fatima-oriented article, for those who'd like to read more on the "esoteric" perception of the phenomenon at the time.

"When you see the sky illuminated by an unknown light..."

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

So, at this point I'll only add another Fatima-oriented article, for those who'd like to read more on the "esoteric" perception of the phenomenon at the time.

"When you see the sky illuminated by an unknown light..."

I hope this is not too off-topic, but there is a website claiming that the Fatima miracle was "proof" that Hitler "was God".

After reading about the toy "scandal" in the UK (another thread), I am not going to provide a link, lest I am accused of being a neo-Nazi or something...
But it's on a website with a most amusing title, linking Tonya Harding to JFK...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

there is a website claiming that the Fatima miracle was "proof" that Hitler "was God".

After reading about the toy "scandal" in the UK (another thread), I am not going to provide a link, lest I am accused of being a neo-Nazi or something...
But it's on a website with a most amusing title, linking Tonya Harding to JFK...

The one that also claims that Dorothy, the "Wizard of OZ" character, was his daughter?

I do like the thought that he was the effect, not the cause of evil, though.
But now I am drifting off-topic... :-)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I was really interested by this since in ancient (or not so ancient) history there were similar (comets,asteroids ,..) ocasions that dictated fate of military campaignes or even that of countries. But to find that only 70 years ago such an event could also cause WW2 - was very intriguing. We are not smarter then our ancestors,ha? Actually i hope that we are not that much dumber.
Anyways. I found ... this. The source citated is not very reliable and the site is not that friendly - for me,at least, but here it goes:

In 1938 there was this peculiar display of lights, which we now know--at that time the scientists said, "Oh this was Aurora Borealis"--and of course we now know it wasn't Aurura Borealis. And by the way, that night, that night in August of 1938, Hitler, Adolf Hitler himself was in the Wolf's Lair at Berchtesgarden, he was there with his chief people, Goebbels and Göring and Himmler and their aides. And they watched this phenomenon of light, brilliant light and you know what Hitler said?
He said, "Gentlemen, this means we now go to bloodshed

www.revisionisthistory.org...
Now the problem is that after this promissing start - he follows:

Hitherto--by that time by the way, he had taken Czechoslovakia and Austria and the Sudetenland and he was well on his way to be a powerful figure. He hadn't any blood, no German blood had he shed. But looking at this, this man, instinctually--he was possessed, by the way--he said, "Now this is the sign that we have to shed blood, gentlemen."

Austria, Czechoslovakia (Sudetenland or not) are still in the future. But this guy is not that aware of historic facts,it seems.
I really was not sure if i should post it or not, but i think that it is better to show it to your collective judgement.
Edit - oh,i forgot. Yes it was Anno site. I was just so frustrated from clicking on unknown words and not getting desired (weird, ha
) result that probably subcontiously not mentioning it was my small revenge.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
[
We are not smarter then our ancestors,ha?

No, we aren't.
In fact... nah, let's not go there right now.

And thanks for understanding the purpose of this thread.
There really are cases, both in ancient and contemporary history, that make it difficult NOT to believe that "signs in the sky" really do exist as a meaningful "coincidence".

Thank you for the link!
Anything that can bring additional information to this case is very welcome.

I can see why the source would be suspect, to say the least... ;-)

The story they mention, specifically Hitler's words at the sight of the aurora ("which we now know it wasn't"? What was it, then?), is said to have taken place in August.

nd by the way, that night, that night in August of 1938, Hitler, Adolf Hitler himself was in the Wolf's Lair at Berchtesgarden,

Well, I gather Hitler must have spent A LOT of time on that terrace...
But the aurora we're talking about was, of course, in January.

So it's pretty clear that the author confused the earlier one with the, let's call it, "Molotov-Ribbentrop aurora", which was seen on the day the USSR-Germany pact was signed, August 23, 1939 (a year later - well after the first moves that led to war - in fact only a WEEK before the start of WW II).

But, as I said, ANYTHING that keeps this interesting event being discussed is more than welcome from where I am siting.

Yes it was Anno site. I was just so frustrated from clicking on unknown words and not getting desired (weird, ha
) result that probably subcontiously not mentioning it was my small revenge.

Well, well... Freud and Jung would be VERY proud of you!

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I performed a little Google search including a few relevant German terms, but found nothing particularly useful - except for a copy of David Irving's book "Hitler's War", where the aurora of August 23, 1939 (the day when the Molotov-von Ribbentrop pact was signed) is briefly mentioned.
The aurora we're speaking of here is NOT mentioned.

I am not exactly a "fan" of Irving's, but he is rather thorough in his work, even his detractors give him that.
And I am thinking, if he is not quoting Hitler on the January 1938 aurora (but he DOES quote him on the August 1939 one), then it's unlikely that anyone else can provide evidence of it.
(Hey, maybe Hitler was asleep at the time - it WAS late, after all!
)

[edit on 21-9-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

And I am thinking, if he is not quoting Hitler on the January 1938 aurora (but he DOES quote him on the August 1939 one), then it's unlikely that anyone else can provide evidence of it.

Yes, that's my fear, too.
Still, with so many people here - not to mention the others (non-members) who may be reading this - I have some hope that, if there was a reaction from him at all, it will be recorded in some biography or something.

I's no big deal, of course - it's just that it would be interesting to know how he reacted to it.

Oh, and BTW: if anyone here happens to actually remember that aurora - or maybe has parents and grandparents who do - I'd love to hear personal accounts of the experience!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Malachi Martin: In 1938 there was this peculiar display of lights, which we now know--at that time the scientists said, "Oh this was Aurora Borealis"--and of course we now know it wasn't Aurura Borealis. And by the way, that night, that night in August of 1938, Hitler, Adolf Hitler himself was in the Wolf's Lair at Berchtesgarden, he was there with his chief people, Goebbels and Göring and Himmler and their aides. And they watched this phenomenon of light, brilliant light and you know what Hitler said?

A.B.: What?

Malachi Martin: He said, "Gentlemen, this means we now go to bloodshed." Hitherto--by that time by the way, he had taken Czechoslovakia and Austria and the Sudetenland and he was well on his way to be a powerful figure. He hadn't any blood, no German blood had he shed. But looking at this, this man, instinctually--he was possessed, by the way--he said, "Now this is the sign that we have to shed blood, gentlemen."

A.B.: Was that a sign of the beginning of the Final Solution?

Malachi Martin: Yell, it was. It was.

www.illuminatiarchives.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Well, I gather Hitler must have spent A LOT of time on that terrace...
But the aurora we're talking about was, of course, in January.

OOoops. Then i understand what he means by Austria/ Czechoslovakia. Too many 1938 Auroras. Tunguska meteorite, two Auroras seen in Europe.... Our grandparents lived in more interesting (according to Chinese approach) times.
By the way, i am not superstitious type, but earlier this year there was relatively large meteorite here - i sometimes take hikes and look at night sky and never saw such a bright one even from non-inhabited locations, but this one was seen at almost day light in the major cities here. Maybe someone in big cabinet also saw it as a sign?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

No, no, it's not your mistake - the guy obviously mistook this one (January 25, 1938) with the other one, which was in August 1939, a year and a half later.

But I agree in any case: that's A LOT of aurorae for Central Europe...!

They are very, very rare. I don't know anyone who has seen one in Central Europe - except for the 1938 and 1939 ones.

Which is precisely what makes it so interesting, isn't it...?

P.S. I know what you mean about that Chinese proverb.

It's a very, VERY good one.
But in my experience some people don't even understand the point...
(Sorry, I am drifting off-course - again...
)

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is it just me, or there was another message, by an anonymous poster?
Where is it now?

EDIT: Sorry, never mind. I forgot, they have to be approved.
I only saw it on the main page.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by AdAstra]

[edit on 22-9-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

By the way, i am not superstitious type, but earlier this year there was relatively large meteorite here - i sometimes take hikes and look at night sky and never saw such a bright one even from non-inhabited locations, but this one was seen at almost day light in the major cities here. Maybe someone in big cabinet also saw it as a sign?

Sorry, I forgot to ask you: when exactly was this, and where?
It sounds interesting.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join