It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for a National Emergency and Martial Law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
What about police using high tech low cost devices to randomly troll for anything interesting on your property or in your home using a scanner that can see through walls?

Citation?

Not because I don't believe you, but because it sounds interesting.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
wow things in america may get entertaining might be time to polish up the armalite one thing i know is this after a year or two of martial law we wont be the fattes nation in the world anymore

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maudeeb

Hey man - it's a conspiracy web-site and this OP was posted in the "General Conspiracy" Forum.

We're all just trying to make sense of things. If you just want to take things at face value, why bother logging on to ATS at all?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i'm a longtime browser... first time poster. something registered when i saw this post. for about 2 weeks now an electronic sign on one of the main roads in my town has read "are you prepared for an emergency?" i also am VERY close to a person who's working for the newly developed emergency response team in my town. i guess this is anonymous so i'll just tell you all... i live in the 2nd largest city in kentucky. the "emergency preparedness" signs are all over the place here. i'll see if i can get some pictures of the signs and post them here.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i've just finished reading all the posts, and while i don't proclaim to know what is to come...i do know (well feel) that something major is coming and i think that this is the key stone point in it all (the bail out bill that is)...all i can say is i think i'm going to be exorcising my right to bear arms before that one goes away...

peace

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted in this thread:

NSPD 51

National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive

This directive establishes a comprehensive national policy on the continuity of Federal Government structures and operations and a single National Continuity Coordinator responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of Federal continuity policies. This policy establishes "National Essential Functions," prescribes continuity requirements for all executive departments and agencies, and provides guidance for State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector organizations in order to ensure a comprehensive and integrated national continuity program that will enhance the credibility of our national security posture and enable a more rapid and effective response to and recovery from a national emergency…

…Continuity requirements shall be incorporated into daily operations of all executive departments and agencies. As a result of the asymmetric threat environment, adequate warning of potential emergencies that could pose a significant risk to the homeland might not be available, and therefore all continuity planning shall be based on the assumption that no such warning will be received...

(5) The following NEFs are the foundation for all continuity programs and capabilities and represent the overarching responsibilities of the Federal Government to lead and sustain the Nation during a crisis, and therefore sustaining the following NEFs shall be the primary focus of the Federal Government leadership during and in the aftermath of an emergency that adversely affects the performance of Government Functions:

…g) Protecting and stabilizing the Nation's economy and ensuring public confidence in its financial systems...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chibuddy23
since this thread seems to be about the USA and its imminent downfall. I believe you should look into this thread. The government is beginning its Martial Law!!!! Please listen and look!!! I believe this is the beginning of what most here were hearing, the collapse of the US government.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What became of this thread??? I was reading along and then saw this, clicked, and lo! No thread!

What happened???

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Kosmicjack - nothing personal, I understand your point. It's more a general reaction to all the alarmist posts I've seen lately. This is a tough point to get across methinks… I’m not saying it’s “wrong” or “far fetched” . I am not taking any of this at face value. I don’t know what’s going to happen. You don’t know. Ron Paul doesn’t know. Frankly, I doubt anyone really does. I’ll entertain any and every conspiracy out there, but it’s all just that – theory.
Sure there are lots of facts to throw around, but there’s also a lot of pure speculation and potential dis-info as well. I had hoped that my follow up posts got that point across – the possibilities are all over the place. I’m just expressing the sentiment that a thread like this should be handled responsibly. Especially in a situation like this where people are already scared and for real reasons. The “man” wants you to be scared. The more the general public runs around like chickens with their heads cut off the easier it is to avoid scrutiny. Why make their job any easier ?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Easy answer ? It's not happening now and the linked thread was based on BS. Thread probably deleted by a mod.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
After watching the vid in the OPs post i found this related vid, very interesting.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Jonro]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh
reply to post by kosmicjack

Now this brings to mind a little meme that has been floating around that has just NOT sat well with me:

National Stay At Home Week September 21 - 27

Interesting.

Could this be a message to those in the know.

Thanks for your informative post, as usual.

National stay at home week is being promoted by ABC.

So to me that means get the hell out of the house week.

Perhaps they've figured out a way to use TV broadcasts to control us.

They've never pepsi done that before.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Lots and lots of fear mongering going on in this thread. Personally, I don't believe most of the conclusions being drawn here by posters, but in this case, most everyone thinks the 21-27 of this month will be significant. One person even suggested that the debates might not happen and the election probably won't happen.

The debates are in 5 days. They will happen, on time, as scheduled.

The election is in just over a month. It will happen, on time, as scheduled.

Ike was a real hurricane and not the product of some government storm-creator machine designed to wipe out cities and cripple our oil supply. But please feel free to write a book about it. It's great fiction.

Yes, the economy is in a pickle right now, mostly because of one of the oldest vices in the world - greed. Finanicial institutions wanted money and people wanted into houses that they couldn't afford to pay for so the latter drafted ridiculous contracts that hiked the interest rates over time to unrealistic levels and the former didn't bother to read the fine print when they signed the bottom line. Couple that with some very aggressive advertising and you have predatory lending, the housing bubble and the impending burst with the economic meltdown following. Who knows how it will turn out.

Just chill. This will end up being another relatively ordinary week, like the others this year.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I hate to say this, however I think it would behove all of us well when I say us I men you civilians to plan for something soon I can't say what because I simply don't know but I know security on my home post is tighter than it has been in the 3 years since I got there and there are things going on where im at that would leade me to beleve that I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I wish I could go in to detail but I can't im not saying that there has been a warning order put out or any thing like that but I would expect that something should happen sooner than later I hope im wrong and im not trying to scare anyone not that I could or would for that matter still thoe better safe than sorry I know I am stocking up on cand goods and what not.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by SPC_D]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Ok So when the elections happen what then? Do you make up some new story of the end of times for us? Are you going to sorry for lying to everyone? How long do you think people throughout history have been saying the same things yall are saying now? When Obama or McCain wins (and i really care less who) life will go on and the paranoid groups will continuie to create more crap to scare people with.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh
reply to post by MadSigntist

The problem is people have been drugged with flourides in our water and spraying silver iodide in the skies.

We have been systematically neurologically and spiritually attacked from every angle.

People will not wake up in time. The best defense, is faith. Faith till the end, because we have passed the point of no return. We will see Hell on Earth.

what your saying is the solution..'faith'...is the exact opposite..its the cause of your problems...cant you see?..its ridiculous to hope superman will come and arm wrestle bush and his cronies into submission..

faith means 'passing the buck'...sit back and do nothing while the powerful take control..faith in a god who will help you out when things get hard is precisely what you dont need right now...and this trust you have in faith and gods has been passed down to you for this very reason....in having faith you are doing exactly what 'they'..the men in control...want you to do...

napoleon summed it up best when he said 'religion is what stops the poor killing the rich'....what does that tell you?..and why would the rich and powerful tell the poor that the poor will inherit the earth and that the rich wont get into heaven?...WHY???...why on earth would they spread these stories and why would they themselves believe them?..

they told you these things to stop you rising up...'stay poor...stay downtrodden...dont fight against us and you will go to heaven and we wont'....thats what they are saying....and the religious have foolishly believed them for centuries...and look where we are now?

god has never come to anyones aid..look at the suffering in the world..how much evidence do you need that 'he' isnt there...

if you want to change something...do it..but dont hope superman will help you out...faith in some god may make you feel better when you are starving....but it wont stop you starving...

[edit on 22-9-2008 by alienesque]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
Perhaps they've figured out a way to use TV broadcasts to control us. They've never pepsi done that before.

Weeeeeeeeeeird. I just got thirsty all of a sudden for a certain carbonated beverage.
Sorry folks, thought I'd inject a little humor because all of this stuff is getting to me.
I can see this happening though (martial law). May not be this week/next month - but I definitely see it happening.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think the elite power wants Americans to riot so that they can just unleash the tyranny. I say we stop buying and spending money and have peaceful non violent demonstrations. It worked for Dr. King when they boycotted the public transportation system.
Our crappy leaders only care about money and our negative energy. So let's be positive and stop giving them more money!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
I think the elite power wants Americans to riot so that they can just unleash the tyranny. I say we stop buying and spending money and have peaceful non violent demonstrations. It worked for Dr. King when they boycotted the public transportation system.
Our crappy leaders only care about money and our negative energy. So let's be positive and stop giving them more money!

the major media outlets need to start doing their jobs and stop just reporting what they see happening..they need to explain WHY these things are happening..and by that i mean REALLY why...if the world goes arse end up in the next few months the main reason is that too many reporters where content to tow the company line...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Years ago, reading a thread such as this, I would of rolled my eyes and brush this kind of thing as paranoid rhetoric. Doing home work and looking through "fiction" and finding facts and rechecking and cross checking facts, I no longer find fiction but a reality that is unfolding before us and the finial stages of a globe government is in the works and not at the heart of "our" interest.
Avid reader of history, I'm seeing a reoccurring theme of what happened in Germany in 1929 that gave Hitler a slide into power. Our economy is failing because of measures that were instated, to prevent such a recurrence that took place in '29, were taken down over the last decade and aloud this to happen again. I believe this isn't a coincidence.

"Events across the Atlantic soon intervened to the fortunes of Hitler and his Nazi Party. The Wall Street market crash of October and November 1929 rapidly sent ripples of economic crisis around the world. Germany's fradgile recovery was stoped in it's tracks. Milloins were soon unemployed, and the value of Germany's curencey went through the floor (there were 1.6 million were soon unemployed in October 1929; by Febuary 1932 this figured had increased to 6.12 million). The Great Depression gave Hitler the chance he was looking for, and again he portorayed himself as Germany's new messiah. From having only 12 seats in the Riechstag, the German parliment, in 1928, the Nazis managed to win 107 seats and six million votes in the 1930 election." (The Waffen SS At War, Tim Ripley).
In 1932 they still did not hold majority seating by still a power player in the Riechstag. In January of 1933 Paul Von Hindenburg, "bowed" out and appointed Hitler Chancellor.
Is this possible, in the 21st century, that what happened 80 years ago is to repeat it's self? I hope not but from what's happening on Wall Street and across the Globe, I'm seeing numorious red flags. The main question is, can we stop this or what can we do in the after math to prevent these kind of people having absolute control in the wake of things? I'm in the mights of preparation to fight. Are you ready?

A

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Whenever I start to think I'm simply paranoid, I look back at some of the documentaries on the occupation of Berkeley by the military and realize I'm not so paranoid afterall.

It really does not take much to occupy a city, and shut it down. People will revolt, but in the end, who's going to have the upper hand when the tanks are rolling down the street.

What could those people do, when People's Park was barricaded off and destroyed? Nothing. They simply stood on the other side of the fence watching military stand guard.

What could they do when the bi planes were flying over, unloading gas on the crowds? As they ran from it, vomiting or their eyes watering to where they couldn't see as they some were dragged and beaten.

Having military occupy your roads? That's a police state. It's been here, and it's here now except in a different way.

Seriously, I find it interesting that people don't believe this sort of thing can happen, when it already has.... and could again.

In the days before 9/11, I was a complete idiot. I was ignorant to the world and what was going on. I was asleep in my life. All I cared about was playing my game system, shopping, computer, etc. 9/11 woke me up, and by then it was too late. At least now I can prepare for the mess I *know* we will face some day.

Someone mentioned the oddity of "national stay at home week". Oh yeah, it's very odd. I think it garners a bit of attention, after having the govt wag their fingers in my face about eating too much and not moving enough.

Another mentioned having a dream about an emergency announcement. Let me share with you this, I've had these dreams since I was in my early 20's, and I never understood them, and I did everything I could to ignore them because they were scary. I've had dreams of military occupation....dreams of being under a controlled police state to where you can't go anywhere without ID on you. Random checks....curfew, you name it.

I come from a culture where some dreams are important, they can be of things to come, especially when we are disturbed by them. Pay attention to those dreams.

Aside from this, I refuse to live in fear. I have said that many times since I started posting on this board. I will not live in fear the way this administration has wanted me to live. I'll put the energy into fighting back instead.

All I can say is, we have to become united....as a people of this country who are sick of the way things are, because divided we are going to fall.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join