It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RANT: blackwater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
ok this is pissing me off , why the hell is there a mercenary army here on US soil ?? wtf ..... it just doesnt seem right esp when they are used to patrol our streets .. thats just wrong !!! the rate in which theyre growing they will be a force to be recond with in a decade or so hell i hear theyre buying jets now whats next a few tanks ???

[edit on 20-9-2008 by bravo40]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bravo40

Where abouts in the U.S. are you talking about????

Please do post more info so members can look into what's going on.

Thanks,....

Later,...... Ausable_Bill

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
theyre head quarteres are in north carolina , some 60,000 acres if not mistakin ............. it just doesnt seem right to have that large a private army here on US soil . you know damn well its only a matter of time before you see them in more and more disaster areas as time goes on . i thought we had the national guard for that ? ohh well life goes on , id be curiousto know theyre rules of engagment here on US soil

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Whilst I agree with you that having a mercenary army on US soil is an abomination, I suppose I would rather have these psychopathic murderers being kept under strict discipline and on a leash rather than walking the streets like normal people.

BTW, I think mercenaries should be charged under the same laws you would charge a hit man from the MOB.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yes, they should be charged under Civil Code if they break the laws of the United States of America, just as they should be held liable under the Legal Codes of whatever country they are currently in, that is the basis of Diplomatic contact to begin with. What many people do not understand is that Blackwater hired a very large number of uneducated non-english speaking persons from various Central American countries because and only because they are good with a gun. Their conections to the White House gives them the impression that they are, like the POTUS, "above the Law".

Remember one thing, in the United States, these people should be no more than "Security Guards" and should not be allowed to carry the Automatic weapons and other heavy weapons that they carry while on "humanitarian" missions. They should be confined just as Security Guards to have state "Guard Cards", and to observe and report ONLY.

Blackwater

Blackwater is a privately held company and does not publish much information about internal affairs. Blackwater's owner and founder Erik Prince, a former Navy SEALwho skated through training because of his connections, attended the Naval Academy, graduated from Hillsdale College, and was an intern in George H.W. Bush's White House. Prince is a major financial supporter of Republican Party causes and candidates.[17] Blackwater's president, Gary Jackson, is also a former Navy SEAL.[18]

Cofer Black, the company's current vice chairman, was director of the CIA's Counterterrorist Center (CTC) at the time of the September 11, 2001 attacks. He was the United States Department of State coordinator for counterterrorism with the rank of ambassador at large from December 2002 to November 2004. After leaving public service, Black became chairman of the privately owned intelligence gathering company Total Intelligence Solutions, Inc., as well as vice chairman for Blackwater. Joseph E. Schmitz holds an executive position in Blackwater's holding company, Prince Group. He was previously inspector general of the Department of Defense, an appointment of George W. Bush. Robert Richer was vice president of intelligence until January 2007, when he formed Total Intelligence Solutions. He was formerly the head of the CIA's Near East Division.[19][20] Black was senior advisor for counterterrorism and national security issues for the 2008 Presidential election bid of Mitt Romney.[21]

top topics

join