It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did Bernake Say They Can't Tell Us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yesterday Senator Christopher Dodd (D) Connecticut was on CNN and the transcript is frightening.

CNN Transcripts 9/19

SEN. CHRISTOPHER DODD (D), CONNECTICUT: Well, I'm going to be reluctant to repeat exactly the words, not because I can't remember them, but, because, if you were to repeat them exactly, I'm fearful it might cause even more concern.

I can't begin to tell you. I have been here for 28 years, Wolf, been in a lot of very critical meetings involving a lot of important events over the last quarter-of-a-century. I can't recall another occasion when I was in a room where statements were made about the conditions of not only our economy, but the global economy, that caused every member in that room, the leadership of the House, the Senate, Republicans, Democrats, leaders of committees, that, when Chairman Bernanke finished his appraisal, a brief appraisal, along with Hank Paulson, there was dead silence in the room for maybe five to 10 seconds.

The oxygen went out of the room. People were stunned by what they heard. And I'm angry about this, because I think this was preventable, I will tell you, but we're not going to talk about that today, because the issue is, what do we do?

I don't think it gets any scarier than this, and I am
mad we can't be told what was said, because we have a right to know just how bad it is.

I wonder if Dodd is saying this to ultimately support the emergency Bill they are working on this weekend (to justify it) even though I personally feel that what has already gone on this week is a disastor, no matter what you saw the markets do at week end, or is he going to support McCain "rushing back to Washington" as reported to stop the bailouts (if he ends up putting his money where his mouth is).

Dodd does say we need to put partisanship aside right now and fix this, but the question still remains, can it be fixed? For it to really be fixed, it has to be a solution that doesn't crash us later, and so far I haven't seen anything suggested that won't.

Again - I want to know what Bernake said, I don't care what kind of panic it causes, we have a right to know what we are facing so we can personally decide if our elected officials are doing what we need them to do, and let them know where we stand (badger them all weekend while we still have a chance).

If only we could trust our elected officials to fix this, but let's review:

Even in the quote above Dodd states this (whatever it really is) was preventable.

Earlier in the week it was reported that Congress was just going to go home, because they didn't have a clue what to do now.

Now we have some emergency attempt to fix it this weekend, and by the time it happens (if it does) it will be too late for our input.

They let "this" happen, they didn't protect this country so far. They musn't have understood the repercussions or else they did and condoned them at the time.

How can we trust them to protect us now?

I want answers - don't you?

Once again, I am shamelessly asking for this post to be flagged & starred if you think (as I do) it's worthy of being seen by as many people as possible.

[edit on 9/20/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Okay, I see that there is a thread in Breaking Alternative News that appears to be discussing this. Whether or not there is any confirmation of exactly what was said, I don't know, but this thread says what may have been said.

We are days away from total financial meltdown is what's being claimed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/20/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Relentless..

We sit on the verge of the World's most severe depression, the brink of complete and total economic collapse of the American Empire.

I don't know whats going to happen, how it will happen, and I cannot even imagine what the next few weeks will bring..

But I feel fairly certain that even this 700 billion dollar bailout is just another delay of the inevitable..

I think we, people on ats, need to begin preparation for contingency and begin mapping out possibilities and outcomes of the next few months..

This isn't fairy tale anymore, no more make believe, this is the one true scenario on ATS that was discussed and may come true..

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In the event of a complete and global breakdown of economies there are a few things you must take into consideration.

1) The country that is most able to get back on its feet is the country that will lead all other nations financially.

2) The country that gets to it's feet he fastest will be one with a broad range of industries and the means to support those industries.

3) Americans will not work without a real, guaranteed paycheck, not an I.O.U.

4) America does not have a broad range of industries, it is a service economy.

5) The American Military is made up of a lot of Americans who, if not paid and see that their contracts are not being honored ... may just walk off the job.

6) With the complete failure of the Ecopnomy comes shortly to this domain, the complete failure of Government as they can no longer pay their bills.

7) "With the failure of Government and its laws due to there being no money in the bank, the Politicians will have lost every protection available to them including the shield that was once their phoney baloney jobs."

Sarcasm begins here (see 7 for quote: Paulson)
(Reply: Pelosi) You mean we would have to mingle with the citizens again?
(reply: Bernanke) yes you would, and they will be quite angry with you as well.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by 2stepsfromtop]

[edit on 20-9-2008 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They could have boosted the American Economy if they had invested
the 500 billion in solar technology, alternative energy technology, the
innovation of wind and solar.
That would create millions of new jobs and wealth-manufacturing as well as patents..
The great US scientists and creative people are the best in the world and
we could easily redo the oil paridigm as well as come up with the best electric cars and bullet trains.
But the plot by the oil companies and their political henchmen is
they would rather have the whole thing collapse so that these new technologies will never come to fruition.

They will say in the next few years that we no longer have the money for alternatives
and they are trying to keep everything stagnant and keep the world as oil slaves and consumers of crap that doesn't last.
It's the shortsighted greed of the oil barons and their political henchmen like
Phil Graham, Bush and McCain.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

They are not telling us specifically what was said because they are BUYING TIME to get their own financial situations in order. They are making arrangements, financially and otherwise for themselves and their immediate associates. They do not care about our rights or the Constitution - such as it is.

This bailout package is a stall tactic.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

imo, you may not be to far off..

I think that they are begining a contingiency plan for government survival ..

If they let the country just fall to it's knees and the public never saw it coming, chaos and death would spill into the streets, and we would dissolve as a Union.

If it's done gradually, and you ease your self into the chaos, it can be controlled much more efficiently. Instead of just letting the bomb go off, make sure that all the right resources are in the right place right before it goes off, and you can run in and take control of the situation.

This is what I believe they are doing..

Economic collapse may not be avoidable, but a collapse of the government may.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Unfortunatelly Rockpuck I think you're right to an extent... I say unfortunatelly because the one upside to free and thinking people everywhere of a sudden collapse of the power structure would be our ability to rebuild ourselves and as things reset present the old barons of the earth (bankers) with a fait accomplii when they came calling again.

As always relentless good to see you posting.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
plucky is scared.

drinking, panic sex, smoking ciggarettes, it is all here.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
All this points to a very dark and ugly site of our own for the people elected officials that, while we knew was happening now becomes blatant that is true.

This people that we elected in Washington are so far detach from reality and living in their own littler world that, we must wonder what it the heck they are doing in Washington.

Since when congress is completely oblivious of our economy?

My question is, how long has our for the people elected officials no longer have any power or have relegated power to those around them pay lobbyist and big interest, since when the power has shifted.

What are they? just figures sitting looking pretty for the public?

This is nothing more than the biggest BS I ever heard coming from them.

If congress can not separate were their butt holes end and their heads start, who in the heck has been governing our nation all this time?

Are they blind and stupid?

Or how blind and stupid they actually think the citizens of this nation are.

All this BS makes them look, incompetent, irresponsible and inadequate.

I am just flabbergasted.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have rapidly come to espouse the conclusion that nothing the informed public would ever wish on the greater public will suffice to incite panic. Do you see panic? I certainly don't. I don't really see anything much different at all. We may well be days from a total crash, we may not, either the way I would really hope more than a small, small minority of people care AT ALL, but no, not even a curious glance. It is becoming a trying exercise in altruism to care for the lots of those who won't even do so much as read a news item. What will it take for the major portion of America and the world to care about what will, no matter how it ends, effect them in ways no one can foresee.

People will not begin to panic, and then to take notice (an unfortunate sequence), until, I believe, true emergency conditions are satisfied, at which point it is too late. I am only speculating, but I believe that we will not see interest in this issue until normal modern life is being attacked. What did it take for people to take interest in gas prices? A direct hit to the wallet. That is what it seems to take, a clear and present threat to one's quality of life.

There will be no positive, real resolution to society's problems until society is made aware of them. I don't see it happening.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
LOL Plucky well at least good panic sex is coming out of this crisis, and it's the weekend anyway so drinking won't get you fired. LOL

Now onto WHY people aren't panicking I have a couple theories and a vetted manual about societal and financial manipulation that may explain part of it... It's been on ATS before but here's the linkypoo anyway since it appears that it's relevance and content imply something very nasty coming to a head around us.

SIlent Weapons for Quiet Wars aka field guide to economic manipulation and securing a public too dumb to notice

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
All this points to a very dark and ugly site of our own for the people elected officials that, while we knew was happening now becomes blatant that is true.

This people that we elected in Washington are so far detach from reality and living in their own littler world that, we must wonder what it the heck they are doing in Washington.

Making $$$ and getting re-elected.

Since when congress is completely oblivious of our economy?

Congress has little or no control over the economy. The Fed controls the business cycle. Not Congress or POTUS. Congress submits a budget to the President for his approval, but who know if it is followed.

My question is, how long has our for the people elected officials no longer have any power or have relegated power to those around them pay lobbyist and big interest, since when the power has shifted.

Probably started after November 22, 1963

What are they? just figures sitting looking pretty for the public?

This is nothing more than the biggest BS I ever heard coming from them.

You really thnk they would tell us the truth???? They are concerned about their parties agenda, self interests and re-election. The needs of the useless feeders is not of their concern.

If congress can not separate were their butt holes end and their heads start, who in the heck has been governing our nation all this time?

The Federal Reserve Corporation and the elite families of America.

Are they blind and stupid?

No, they think we are. Its a visible sign of the complete disconnect between our elitist/lawyer politicians and the American sheeple.

Or how blind and stupid they actually think the citizens of this nation are.

Unfortunately it's quite obvious. Regarding economics, the common folk have absolutely no clue as to what has gone on or what is coming down the chute. They're too busy watching American Idol, eating a couple of Big-Mac's and a super sized order of fries. So Congress does what it is instructed to do, the people be damned.

All this BS makes them look, incompetent, irresponsible and inadequate.

Their role in our government has been usurpped by the agenda of the Federal Reserve Corporation, PTB and the MIC. They cannot tell us the truth or the whole house of cards comes down. We "can't handle the truth"

I am just flabbergasted.

That's the understatement of the year!!!!!

And you aren't the only one.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Sheeezzzz! When what sounded like tinfoil even 6 months ago starts to actually come true.....

This day has me totally messed up! I just can't believe what I am seeing at this point.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah the tinfoil factor on Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars used to seem pretty high. But when you see economic shock testing in action and a populace that doesn't understand enough about logical progressions to be FREAKING Out at this point...

Well then you start to believe,

There are lots of questions that need asking very badly of a few groups of people and I can't recall mister senator / I'll take the 5th ammendment shouldn't be an option.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ya know...Im not gonna say much. Here is what I said last March....

Thursday, March 13, 2008
LAST NIGHTS SESSION WAS ONLY THE FOURTH TIME IN 176 YEARS THAT CONGRESS CLOSED ITS DOORS TO THE PUBLIC
Word has begun leaking from last nights special, closed-door session of the United States House of Representatives.
Not only did members discuss new surveillance provisions as was the publicly stated reason for the closed door session, they also discussed:

the imminent collapse of the U.S. economy to occur by September 2008,

the imminent collapse of US federal government finances by February 2009,

the possibility of Civil War inside the USA as a result of the collapse,

Not trying to make myself all knowing and not wanting to put anyone down.

These A$$HATS in Congress knew about this for several months if not, longer.

Best to all of you.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Zoinks! I cannot believe I forgot about SWFQW! It is totally playing out - as if there was ever any doubt. Tin foil hats all around!

For those not familiar, you'll need a stiff drink:

www.lawfulpath.com...

...Consequently, in the interest of future world order, peace, and tranquillity, it was decided to privately wage a quiet war against the American public with an ultimate objective of permanently shifting the natural and social energy (wealth) of the undisciplined and irresponsible many into the hands of the self-disciplined, responsible, and worthy few.

In order to implement this objective, it was necessary to create, secure, and apply new weapons which, as it turned out, were a class of weapons so subtle and sophisticated in their principle of operation and public appearance as to earn for themselves the name "silent weapons."

...In conclusion, the objective of economic research, as conducted by the magnates of capital (banking) and the industries of commodities (goods) and services, is the establishment of an economy which is totally predictable and manipulatable...

Descriptive Introduction of the Silent Weapon

Everything that is expected from an ordinary weapon is expected from a silent weapon by its creators, but only in its own manner of functioning.
It shoots situations, instead of bullets; propelled by data processing, instead of chemical reaction (explosion); originating from bits of data, instead of grains of gunpowder; from a computer, instead of a gun; operated by a computer programmer, instead of a marksman; under the orders of a banking magnate, instead of a military general.

It makes no obvious explosive noises, causes no obvious physical or mental injuries, and does not obviously interfere with anyone's daily social life.

Yet it makes an unmistakable "noise," causes unmistakable physical and mental damage, and unmistakably interferes with the daily social life, i.e., unmistakable to a trained observer, one who knows what to look for.
The public cannot comprehend this weapon, and therefore cannot believe that they are being attacked and subdued by a weapon.

The public might instinctively feel that something is wrong, but that is because of the technical nature of the silent weapon, they cannot express their feeling in a rational way, or handle the problem with intelligence. Therefore, they do not know how to cry for help, and do not know how to associate with others to defend themselves against it.

When a silent weapon is applied gradually, the public adjusts/adapts to its presence and learns to tolerate its encroachment on their lives until the pressure (psychological via economic) becomes too great and they crack up.

Therefore, the silent weapon is a type of biological warfare. It attacks the vitality, options, and mobility of the individuals of a society by knowing, understanding, manipulating, and attacking their sources of natural and social energy, and their physical, mental, and emotional strengths and weaknesses.

[edit on 20/9/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah well the last few years I have not once been able to forget that document... I read it and applied the litmus test of does the real world operate this way and was scared spitless lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks solarstorm it is sad that your thread just like many other articles in the web never got the attention it deserved.

From your OP,

the imminent collapse of the U.S. economy to occur by September 2008,

the imminent collapse of US federal government finances by February 2009,

the possibility of Civil War inside the USA as a result of the collapse,

advance round-ups of "insurgent U.S. citizens" likely to move against the government,

the first two almost happen and perhaps it did happen behind the scenes, the other two perhaps once the America people wake up too late may happen.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Maybe now we can start paying more attention to the "unreliable websites" that have pretty much called it like it IS...while MSM plays with our heads feeding us disinformation by the spoonfull.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join