It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Interrogator: "You have THREE minutes to live"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

US Interrogator: "You have THREE minutes to live"

THE VIDEO THE USA TRIED TO BAN: The torturer is seen to strangle this man with a cable tie and then chillingly tell him, "You have 3 minutes to live"

Is this really how the United States wants to be seen around the world?

Am I really only one of a few who sees this as being WRONG?

If a man has a cable tie pulled tight around his neck and then told he has Three minutes to live, isn't that a Mock Execution?

Arent Mock Executions a violation of the Geneva Conventions that amounts to a Warcrime?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
terrorist don't fall under the Geneva agreement.
they also don't follow it. they dress as civilians, they use women and children as shields....etc.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
How do you know this was not acted out. I wouldn't be surprised if they payed that American guy to act that so the Arab t.v station could play that on the t.v.

But if it is real shame on the U.S government. If anyone are terrorists it is the U.S government.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
GOOGLE the name Jonathan Keith "Jack" Idema, that is the man in the video and it is real.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Disinfo Agent1966]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
terrorist don't fall under the Geneva agreement.
they also don't follow it. they dress as civilians, they use women and children as shields....etc.

How do you know the detained are terrorist. Perhaps they are just shepards or shopowners and are tortured until they admit that they are
terrorist. People will confess to eating their own babies if put in enough pain.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well, the CIA was formed and trained by ex Gestapo agents after WWII so they were trained by some of the best human rights violators the world has seen.

For this video to be leaked means someone on the inside allowed it to be leaked. Just imagine the stuff they will never let us see!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Not to mention there are quite a few people that get shipped to Gitmo and other camps like it and then get released from there after a few years when its concluded they really really don't know or did anything.

The people that always say "they are terrorists, they don't blabla and do blabla, so its ok to do this", they seem to forget the most basic rule of all civilized criminal law.

YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

You know what countries don't have or apply those rules? The religious fanatical ones. Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, ...

So, by saying your ok with people being treated like this, you are stooping to the level of the people's who's lifestyle your supposedly fighting against.

Or your just showing that the US is really a redneck religious right country that as any religious fanatic run country has the basic rule of law amount to "your guilty untill proven dead"

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Torture is wonderful. In that way you can make completely innocent people take the blame for all the dung you're too lazy to truly investigate.

CLAP CLAP CLAP

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hold on, just a minute.

There is serious flaws with this thread. Before I break this down, I would like to point out that I do think that torture does happen and it is probably more severe then what is on this video. But this video is a bunch bull. Lets start with the fact that "Keith "Jack" Idema" is not now and has only ever briefly been associated with the U.S. Government. Not to mentioned he is a blight on life in general.

Lets start with his Military record. As far as this goes, he talks way more then he ever served.
Exhibit 1:

Idema boasts of serving in various roles in nearly every U.S. battle zone in the past 20 years: Central America, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, even Haiti. Idema's active-duty military service was quite short; his military records, obtained by NEWSWEEK, show that he spent three years in the U.S. Army's 10th Special Forces Group as a rear-base radio operator until 1978, and then an additional six years in the Reserves. There is no record that he was in combat or overseas with the U.S. military.

Source for Exhibit 1

After leaving the military he sets out to be a successful scumbag.
Exhibit 2

His criminal record shows a long string of charges including assault and resisting arrest going back to 1988, with convictions on driving offenses and misdemeanors. He started a business making military and paintball gear. To keep that failing enterprise alive, prosecutors alleged, he defrauded suppliers, and ended up sentenced to four years in prison on 55 federal wire-fraud counts. At his sentencing, Idema argued that prosecutors were persecuting him because of the "national- security secrets" he knew

Source for Exhibit 2

After September 11 and our subsequent attack on Afganistan and also with the Bounty of $25 million, alot of mercenaries, ex-military, and general wannabes sought fortune in Afganistan. Keith "Jack" Idema is one of those wannabes.
Exhibit 3

The badlands of Afghanistan have become a magnet for adventure-seeking "soldiers of fortune," private contractors, self-proclaimed counter-terrorism experts, and/or security guards.

Source for Exhibit 3

While in Afganistan he set up a "private prison" in a apartment he was renting. This Apartment was raided and he was caught red handed.
Exhibit 4

Afghan police found three men hanging from the ceiling by their feet when they raided a house in Kabul that had been turned into a prison by "former" U$ Green Beret Jonathan Keith "Jack" Idema and at least two other Amerikans. All eight prisoners in the house showed signs of having been beaten.(1)

Source for Exhibit 4

At this point the U.S. says he is not here on "official" business and he was found guilty and sentenced to 10 years but was released after the President of Afganistan pardoned him having served 3 years.

Now that all the facts are laid out, that tape could have only come from 2 possibilites.

1. This tape was made when he was running his little "private prison" in Kabul. During the raid this tape was confiscated and someone inside the Afganistan police that is close to the Taliban gave it to them.

2. This tape was not made then, rather let me give you my theroy. He spent 3 years in an Afganistan prison. The conditions alone would crack most people, but add the fact that he is surrounded by the Taliban and Al Qaeda. How did he make it out alive after 3 years? Could it be he made a deal with Al Qaeda and this video was part of that deal? Look at the name on the video in the upper-left corner. It is As-Sahab and to me that is significant to me. First you need to know who As-Sahab is.

Wiki -- As-Sahab

They are the Mouthpiece of Al Qaeda. Thats means it either came from an insider like I stated in Option 1 or Keith "Jack" Idema is a real loser and chose option 2. After reading for about 2 hours on the web about him, I do not put it past him at all to go with option 2.

So I have a resentment towards this being passed off as the work of the U.S. Government. It was not! It was the actions of one insecure person with a massive inferiority complex.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

So anyone is a terrorist until proven innocent ergo, any of us are qualified for this treatment. Nice! When are YOU running for president?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The man is quite clearly a psychopath.

Still amazes me how so many of these losers think they are above the law. Such a shame that they didn't leave him locked up in Afghan.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Whether torture happens or not.
Clearly this video is fake.
As if the US Military would allow this to be posted publicly on youtube.
Are you out of your minds?
This would fall under classified military.
It would be taken down instantly before it barely was even put on there.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The US uses and Admits to using Private Contracter like BlackWater et all, these people although Mercenaries are CIVILIANS, if they are caught or killed the Government DISOWNS them. Their deaths are not erecorded as Military but civilian, this creates sympathy with the General public who do not realise that thes "Civilians" are actually ex-military greedy bloodthirsty thugs.

With this Video the US has been caught out.... AGAIN

If it were fake WHY did they try so hard to prevent it's release?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by setfree

Timeout!

Sorry once again I must call a timeout.

You state "The US uses and Admits to using Private Contracter like BlackWater et all, these people although Mercenaries are CIVILIANS, if they are caught or killed the Government DISOWNS them. Their deaths are not erecorded as Military but civilian, this creates sympathy with the General public who do not realise that thes "Civilians" are actually ex-military greedy bloodthirsty thugs."

The problem with that is that I have shown you in my last post. This guy is not working for the Government, He is not a Mercenary, and he is hardly even ex-military. Heck Alan Alda is more ex-Military then he is. I have shown you that he is a very sad individual with serious mentals issues. Yet you refuse to read it.

then you state "With this Video the US has been caught out.... AGAIN

If it were fake WHY did they try so hard to prevent it's release? ".

Okay, skipping the obvious spelling errors, I believe you said the U.S. was caught again and if it WERE NOT fake. Assuming that is what you meant you seem to be stuck on the point that the U.S. tried very hard to prevent it's release.

Question. Whats your source? Where did you get the video that in fact states that? I spent all afternoon searching for the Original source for this video but all I found was the video you linked at youtube. Problem with that is your name here is Setfree and the user at youtube that loaded that video is Setfree68. Hmmm, so you posted that video on youtube so you can not point to that as your source.

So please answer the question. Where did you get this video? What is the original source that states that the U.S. tried so hard to prevent it's release?

Also, I found this very interesting, this is the Youtube channel for Setfree68
Youtube Channel for Setfree68
When you look inside you begin to see the hidden agenda.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
@jwstarry

If you did not find the original source I find it hard to believe you actually looked. Sorry for my spelling BTW, it is NEVER perfect.

You might also like to look at my setfree69, and setfree70 channels for a BROADER view of my alleged agenda whatever you think that may be.

I myself actually found the clip on a Mainstream News channel. ABC I think it was.

As I said, in my posting on my channel, I find it quite hard to believe that a man with "mental problems" found it so easy to enter Afghanistan at the height of the Bombardment and to not only setup his own prison but to employ Translators and interpreters.

Still stranger things have happend I guess but this really does seem to be a "deniability" Op. The US have admitted and so has the UK that the US has used Rendition Flights, or in good old English "Torture" Flights where suspects have been flown to Countrys in Eastern Europe to be interrogated for information!

BTW your sources are from NEWSWEEK, run by Rupert Murdoch and edited by Bill "New Pearl Harbor" Kristol Right? Come on get real

[edit on 20-9-2008 by setfree]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAThought
Torture is wonderful. In that way you can make completely innocent people take the blame for all the dung you're too lazy to truly investigate.

CLAP CLAP CLAP

exactly, its total bull. Anyone will sign anything to get it to stop. If you guys went through one minute of this, you would be sh*tting yourself.

If someone said you have 3 minutes to live, in that situation, how would you react, and do not pretend your some hard person, because in that situation everyone would be the same.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by JustAThought

CLAP CLAP CLAP

exactly, its total bull. Anyone will sign anything to get it to stop. If you guys went through one minute of this, you would be sh*tting yourself.

If someone said you have 3 minutes to live, in that situation, how would you react, and do not pretend your some hard person, because in that situation everyone would be the same.

You are quite right, how I would phrase it is like this, IF (God Forbid), you and your family were captured and you were forced to watch them be tortured and threatened with death, what WOULDN'T you say?

Torture makes people say ANYTHING to make the torture stop

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

For JWSTARRY who searched so hard!

I have to say the 911 Anniversary slant is crap, that has NOTHING to do with this.

Oh and in case you hadnt seen on my setfree69 Channel Bin LAden is DEAD

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think this should be deleted because its fake and a waste of time talking about a fake subject.
Clearly if it was real the person who posted it would now be under arrest.
And it would be taken down.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
@Interestinggg

Strange thinking, the Guy WAS arrested by the Afghans/US and he was sentenced when his cover was blown, his sentence was quashed by Kharzai

What is fake about this? the only thing fake is when the US and the UK say they do NOT condone torture methods, they do so their assertion is fake

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join