It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morayshire Scotland UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hey all

I was having a few beers with a mate from Scotland last night,and he mentioned that a few years ago there was maybe a UFO landing in Elgin Morayshire Scotland.

This is about all i can find on this sighting

The shape was cigar shaped but thinner at one end. It was angled about 40-45 degrees with the thin end towards the ground. However, I quickly realized it couldn't possibly be a comet or shooting star as it was moving in an upwards direction, like an airplane. No airplanes fly this route and anyway, it was too close to the ground, like it had not long taken off.

Morayshire Cigar UFO

Does anyone know anymore about this or live in the area?

After all that we got very drunk and i cant remember much more of our conversation

[edit on 20-9-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

I dont live in the area but I live in near Broxburn in West Lothian which is famous for a guy being burned by a UFO attack when walking his dog. I remember it being on the news in my local paper and nationally.

I will try to find the info but its became scarce.

It happened around the early 90's for anyone looking.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

SvenTheBerserK, couldn't find anything about that specific incident: but i've found another report of cigar shaped UFO from Morayshire, dated December 21st 2005:
UFO SIGHTING REPORT - Spey Bay, Morayshire, Scotland

better than nothing

reply to post by XXXN3O

XXXN3O, your description seems to match Robert Taylor's (very) close encounter, occurred on November 9, 1979 in Dechmont Woods:

Working day as usual:
On the 9th of November 1979, at around 10:00 AM, Robert Taylor, a married man, father of five, aged 61, resident of Livingston and forestry worker employed by the Livingston Development Corporation left his house. At about 10:30 AM, he parked his pick up off a track at a plantation at the bottom of Dechmont Law, bordering Dechmont Woods, just off the busy M8 motorway, near Livingston, West Lothian in Scotland.

He had parked as close as he could to the clearing in a plantation that he has to inspect for stray cows and sheep, a part of his job.

With his red setter Lara, He followed a track the rest of the way across the lower slope of the forested hill, rounded a corner and emerged into the clearing.

The UFO:
In the clearing, in front of him, was a large, circular, roundish object about 20 ft across and 12 feet high, resting on the ground or hovering just above the ground.

It seemed to be made from a dark grey metallic material with a rough texture like sandpaper, parts of which were becoming like half transparent at times, letting the trees behind it be seen, as if the object was trying to cloak itself.

A narrow protruding rim ran around the circumference of the object, just below halfway down, and Taylor thought it reminded him of the brim of a hat. A line of rotating arms was set into the rim. Some dark patches were seen on the body of the object which looked like portholes.

The object emitted no noise. Lara, his dog, who was at his side, simply froze and stared at the object, as did Bob Taylor.

Two spheres:
As he watched without moving, two spiky spherical objects dropped from the bottom of the larger object. These two spheres were approximately two ft across and he later described them as being quite like sea mines as used in World War II, except that the spikes were longer that those of sea mines, making the objects' diameter approximately 3 ft spikes included. The spheres were looking metallic, similar to the material of the larger object, and made frightening sucking noises as they fell from the object and impacted the wet ground.

Full story - Dechmont Woods, Scotland, November 9, 1979

See also:
Robert Taylor, a possible victim of alien abduction, died on March 14th, aged 88 - The Economist, March 29, 2007
www.economist.com...
Summary: Obituary - article on the passing of Bob Taylor, and the story of his encounter.

1979-The Dechmont Woods Alien Abduction of Robert Taylor - Ufos.about By Billy Booth

The Derchmont Woods Incident - ufoencounters.co.uk

WikiPedia Entry

I'm after the aliens that beat up Bob...By Gareth Edwards

Interview with Robert Taylor and Detectives investigating the case (10th episode of Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World, originally broadcast 4th November 1980)

A very interesting case btw...

[edit on 5/10/2008 by internos]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes this is the story I was speaking of.

Thanks for finding it as I could not. Its like an old wives tale around here, my father told me about this story and the only difference being that it occurred in Broxburn.

There was a report that I watched on the news and paper about this in the 90's, I had misunderstood it as the proper dates were never highlighted. It said there was an investigation going into it etc. I wasnt even in my teens when I saw it so im sure I can be forgiven for getting some of the facts wrong

Livingston is approximately a mile away from Livingston so it wasnt a terrible mistake with the location.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I was reading about the assault charge as the only one in British History involving ufos. I wonder if he got hypnosis. Many people believe that at least some of these things involve humans or black ops, with or without ets. They could be tracked and charged!!!! Though difficult I grant you to track and prove, but I'm an obstinate person and wouldn't give up.
Then I began to think about how all our alien "friends" have gotten away so lightly over the years. Even if when there are witnesses to the kidnapping, torture and abuse, these guys still get away with murder. If they would only reveal themselves to everyone. I'd like some charges pressed on the little repeat offenders.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
nice one Internos..

If you guys check my posts youll find quite a bit on the Dechmont UFO.

I know people who worked with Bob and can vouch for his intergrity.

XXX and any of the other Scottish Locals, I will be arranging a visit to this site in 2009 to camp over on the 30th anniversary of this abduction attempt. You are all more than welcome to come along.

I have also seen two UFOs very close to this location which is also documented in my posts.

This case should have had so much more exposure due to the nature of the abduction but never did. I intend to fully document this on the 30th anniversary along with interviews with people involved with this abduction at the time.

Mystiq, re your questions, i was at this landing site 6 hours after the abduction attempt and this was not black ops / Gov. Indentations in the ground and no road access to the site confirm whatever landed there was extremely heavy and came from the skies.

Bob never went under hypnosis, he told his story, never seeked publicity and continued to work for west lothian council forrestry department until he passed away a few years ago.

One thing that many people dont know about dechmont law, and this includes people that live in the area, is that it houses a giant underground reservoir.

Being on my doorstep, this case is probably THE case out of all ufo cases i have studied that i continue to go back to. I hope to get another sighting at dechmont at one point in my lifetime ( and you can be sure ATS will be the first people informed )

[edit on 6-10-2008 by zeetroyman]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have always been curious about this case but could never find all the details.

I would be interested to meet you at some point to find out more, I stay in Armadale which is not far away and I know livingston very well.

I read your post on the object you spotted in Livingston, interesting to say the least.

I spotted an object around 2 weeks ago which was near orions belt, similar to a star but moving very erratically ie horizontally, diagonally, vertically and fast. I not on to carry even a phone with me because of the way the gov spies on UK citizens these days so unfortunately I do not have a pic or vid.

Nice to see some Scots on ATS!

All the best

new topics

top topics

join