It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fire" Destroyed America!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
First of all, allow me to explain my title. I based it completely on what I view as a caveman mentality in this modern world.

Take a moment to picture the cavemen sitting around, just acting like simple minded creatures of their time, and doing pretty much nothing. Suddenly something happens, i.e- One of them bangs to rocks together which sparks the grass beside him, and VOILA! Fire!! Or, maybe lightning hits a tree, and same thing. The cavemen forget ALL that surrounds them. They are totally entranced with this new "technology". If they were hunting previously, they're done for now. All they are concerned with is this bright, warm flame.

I compare this to our world. Anywhere you look, be it tv, the internet, driving down the road, in the clothes you wear, etc. We have metaphorical fire. We aren't paying attention to what is happening because the all new Transformers movie is coming out! Or a brand new gaming console, or a whole new fashion trend just got started and god forbid we're not "in with the times"!

Catch my drift? I think we have a huge problem with the people of the world. The governments have nothing to fear because we're so busy watching the dancing flame, they can do whatever they want. Remove our rights? Like we care.. did you know I can now cook my food on this flame?! NO MORE COLD FOOD!! SCORE!!!!!

Sad.... I actually see us a lot like dogs too.. as long as they say something in a positive tone, we wag our tails. Who cares about the words they spoke? If you tell a dog he's about to go to the vet to be put to sleep, but say it nicely, he'll hop around full of joy.

Anyway.. I'm hoping you all see the similarities in what I'm saying. At some point, maybe we will notice the evil laughter behind our backs and turn to see them building the walls of imprisonment before it's too late.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Great Thread, It definitely compliments mine. I made a thread to get people out of this self-corroding group think...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great imagery with the cave man connection.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Great post, you should spread this on other sites.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Excellent verse and quality. Kudos.

I blame it on the chemmies raining down and infecting my mind. God knows what kind of nanobots we have running amuck.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

You forgot about all those drugs the pharmaceutical companies advertise. The more people and kids who are doped up, the less questions of what is going on.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So true kidflash. You can not rule out getting dosed by a glass of tap water.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah I totally agree. If you look back at statistics, there are far more "mental health" issues today than 50 years ago. The overuse of forced vaccinations, the amount of fluoride in our water, which happens to be illegal in other countries... it all contributes to the apathy in our nation.

On the good side, I have seen more and more people are waking up. It appears to be kind of like when people first wake up, and they're all grouchy and want to go back to sleep. If you're still standing there, you have to pull back the metaphorical blanket and scream, "WAKE UP!!!" lol

Oh, and why did they move this to skunk works? From what I have learned, no one takes anything in skunk works serious. So I take that as an insult...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Skunk Works is simply for those threads with no objective evidence to back them up. Not a slam at all IMO. I like your post, but you obviously don’t know my dog. He knows what I’m thinking before I do.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i take speculation serious as all great advances in mankind derive from exactly that, speculation - curiosity towards the unknown

its the best way to exercise your brain muscle imo

also that ties in heavily with philosophy and history

what i mean is, i take skunk works very seriously

i am 50% skeptical and 50% open minded

always ask questions, it leads us to the answer

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well, I just typically have seen people insult any work found on Skunk Works. I know my views could be said to be "baseless" but are they really? lol If you ask me, the thoughts I stated are completely founded on the factual evidence of everyday society. Completely caught up with the newest gadgets, and totally distracted from harmful things.

Anyways... thanks for the compliments. I still hope this thread spreads and that people will wake up soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Very well said
You are absolutely right. There are way to many distractions in the world today. I notice it all the time. For example, I'll be reading an important article on here, and I hear something on the TV like a new product and my attention immediately turns to the tube.. I hate it when I do that because I realize that the power that be has just won.
I am trying to keep the TV off more and just listen to the radio. Great thread!!

new topics

top topics

join