It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Go Out and Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Elections are held at the local,county,state and national level.The problem with instituting real effective change is getting the citizens of the country to go vote!

-calcoastseeker

This "go out and vote" thing is garbage, and it is old. We aren't really given much of a choice as to who we can vote for. It is a vote for one of two candidates, and a third party that very rarely affects the election outcome at all. You can't change the government with a vote; you can change the government with a voice. These votes, that you talk of so highly, are not voices. This year we have the choice between an idiot, and a guy that wants: your illegal (because they are apportioned, i.e.: different based on your income) taxes to be higher; our government in control of the medicine that goes into our bodies. There is Ron Paul who will certainly take a lot of votes, but will not gain presidency. I say he won't based on the presidential history of the United States. No third party candidate has ever become president. "This is an illusion."

[edit on 20-9-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If you think I am wrong just tell me.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ron Paul asked his supporters to go out and vote 3rd party. Many have said they will, and while many others say, "I'm still writing in Ron Paul's name" and even more have said... "I like Sarah Palin, so I'm voting for her" WTF?! The point is this:

You don't vote, you don't win. You do vote, you don't win. Ron Paul won't win. No 3rd party candidate will win. Obama speaks very eloquently and has had the momentum of the race for awhile. McCain has only taken the lead a few times.

Overall, I don't see the 3rd party theory working out. I think Obama will win. Which in my opinion, brings me to your other thread... could it be time to overthrow, cuz our votes do NOT count. It will go the way they want, which makes this entire question... dead in the water.

I'm sick of this...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Vote!

It's ridiculous to say that a vote does not count because one vote does not yield the results of any particular individual.

When you vote, you not only cast a vote for an individual, but you pay homage to the millions who have died to create and maintain democracies and you insure the health of your nation.

Third parties, at least in the modern era, don't win because they so far have not fielded a viable candidate, not because there is some evil force preventing the people from electing someone from a third party.

Vote and you become a proactive part of the system. Refuse to vote and you're just a ineffectual whiner.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Voting goes beyond the Presdiential ballot. You want change? Vote out ALL incumbents. All of them at every level from local to Federal. No exceptions. Send the message that you will NOT make a career at the citizenry's expense. Don't give them the time to weave their special-interest webs.

INCUMBENTS OUT --- EVERY LAST ONE.

top topics

join