It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Big Bang Machine" Breaks Down Again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Quote him saying 15% chance. In reality, the chances are about the chance of me getting struck by lightning as Im holding a hot pocket I am about to put in the toaster oven, resulting in the first ever lightning cooked hot pocket.

Seriously, even if it created a black hole, it would be so infinitely small it would pop back out of existance before it could suck anything in.

I did read 15% but that post was made weeks ago and was an old article my odds of finding the same article now is tiny and I'm not going to even bother trying but I have to say I think anyone who puts any credence at all in Hawking is asking for disapointment.

What nobel prizes has he won ? How many of his theorys have been proven?

In both cases it's zero the guy is only famous for his disability in all honestly he has been proven wrong before and I have no doubt he will be proven wrong again.

There are numerous peer reviewed theories that have the LHC producing a lot of black holes and numerous peer reviewed theories that rule out Hawking Radiation.

example 1

example 2

example 3

example 4

There is also a chance Reverse Hawking radiation exists which works almost exactly the same but causes the black holes to grow rapidly.

Professor Peter Higgs, the scientist who gave his name to the Higgs boson, the particle at the centre of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experiment, launched a withering attack on Professor Stephen Hawking, saying his work was “not good enough”.

source

Oh and if Hawking Radiation does actually exist we could still be doomed.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Teknikal]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join